Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

How Amazon Could Change Publishing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

How Amazon Could Change Publishing Empty
PostSubject: How Amazon Could Change Publishing   How Amazon Could Change Publishing EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 10:42 am

The article in Forbes begins like this:

"BURLINGAME , CALIF. - Technology has disrupted every industry. Now, it's book publishing's turn.

"Archaic beyond belief, it's an industry that treats its most important asset--the author--badly. Can this go on?"

To read more, here's the link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Malcolm

P.S. The article has been around for a while, but I keep seeing it come up in discussions about publishing, so put the link here for those who haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How Amazon Could Change Publishing   How Amazon Could Change Publishing EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 11:25 am

How Amazon Could Change Publishing 950944 Interesting, Malcolm. Especially the comments, some by authors or publishers I recognize. The biggest name among them is Nora Roberts. I have to agree with the concensus - it will be a cold day in hell before Amazon takes complete control of the publishing business.
The article itself contained a number of errors, the biggest of which, at least in my opinion, is that somehow Amazon would make big names of all those iwhose books are published. That's just POD with a different name. Don't look for Random House, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins or any of the biggies to disappear anytime soon. The rosy scenario pictured with Amazon in complete charge would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to legitimate writers.
Thanks for steering us to the article, Malcolm. However, by doing so you caused me to spend a lot of time I shouldn't have on the net. I'll bet that's what you had in mind, wasn't it? How Amazon Could Change Publishing 514350
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: How Amazon Could Change Publishing   How Amazon Could Change Publishing EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 12:56 pm

The only way to insure fairness is for there to be competition and I'm not sure Amazon offers that. So what's the answer, I don't know but I wish I did then I could write a best seller about it. Though would anyone listen? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: How Amazon Could Change Publishing   How Amazon Could Change Publishing EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Right, Dick, I knew somebody out there would click on the link and get tangled up in the Internet, but I thought it was going to be Abe.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Amazon Could Change Publishing   How Amazon Could Change Publishing Empty

Back to top Go down

How Amazon Could Change Publishing
Page 1 of 1