Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

In memory of the Mutti

Go down 
+4
alj
joefrank
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

In memory of the Mutti Empty
PostSubject: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:40 am

In memory of the Mutti Img_0510

The Mutti (Mother) came to us with her litter of two black kittens.  She adopted us and we cared for her and her children.  This past week she got very sick.  She couldn’t eat or drink.  We took her to the Vet on Wednesday and the Vet said her tongue was black indicating that she ate or licked something acidy.  The Vet kept her overnight and gave her nourishment and medication via IV.  On Thursday the Vet said that there was some improvement and that Mutti tried to lick some water, but she was still very ill.  On Friday morning the Vet called and said that Mutti was dead.  She said that around midnight, Mutti was bleeding from the mouth and had convulsions.  The Vet said that in her opinion, Mutti would not recover and therefore put her to sleep.  The Vet said that she had been poisoned.  In our Village newspaper we read that there were two dogs that were poisoned and still unknown if they would survive.  We notified the police and made out a report.  Apparently there is someone in the neighborhood that is placing rat poison in areas frequented by pets.  Even dogs on a leash go into the bushes sniffing and eating what appears to be edible. 
It was a sad “Black Friday” for us.  I brought her home in a box and dug a grave for her under the tree where she liked to sit in the shade when it was hot in the summer.  She left us with two orphans.  Mutti was a beloved cat in our house.  She liked to snuggle up with us and sit on our laps.  She was never a problem.  She looked a bit like my buddy, “Tigger” that I had written a story about.  Now another beloved cat put to rest.  While alive, she gave us much love and that love was returned.  We miss her.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 am

Dear Abe,
I am so sorry to hear about Mutti.  I hope you can find out who is putting out poison.  It is a dangerous and unfeeling thing to do.  There are other ways to get rid of rats.  A poisoned animal suffers a prolonged death.  I am sincerely sorry for your loss.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks Betty.  It is horrible when innocent animals are targeted and then made to suffer.  I believe the poison was not intended for rats in that there are none in the area where the animals ate the poison.
The mayor of our village is determined to erradicate this.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:50 am

11/30/2013

Abe..

I'm so very sorry, I know the hurt, I lost naturally 5 pets in 30
                  years, you never get over it. Mutti looks like a cat I had who passed away
                  13 years ago at the age of 19. I hope and pray they find the scum bag who
                  is doing this and feed it to him, sorry I'm angry anyone would harm animals                                           
                  or children.

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:14 am

It is not just animals in danger, Joe.  A pretzel was found with poison spread on it.  Imagine a child walking by and picking up the pretzel to eat.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:48 am

Losing an animal family member is always hard. To have it happen like this must be especially so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:07 am

Thanks Ann.  I am trying to forget, but then I don't want to forget.  There are such good memories of her sleeping with me and feeling her warmth.  She would often just lie there and gaze into my eyes as if she could read my mind. 
She was loved and I think she knew it.  That's a comforting thought.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 am

People who are cruel to animals - are cruel.  I just interviewed a domestic violence shelter - they take in the family pets as well.  In many cases, the abuser harms the women, the chidren and the pets - and may start with the pet.

I am sorry for your loss.  The cruelty is sad.  If a person is unhappy with the animals in the neighborhood have the courage to do like me.  I talk to the neighbor and ask them to please clean up after their animal and keep it out of my yard.  For my efforts, toad stools and tar have been stuffed in my mailbox, but most of the dog walkers cross the street when they reach my lot line - and they never talk to me again.

Cats are not leash animals.  If a person doesn't want cats around, there are materials with smells that send them away that are not poison.  Cats are welcome in my yard so long as they leave.  They keep the varmints away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Abe,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

God Bless,

Don
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Animals have feelings of, Love, being loved. They also have feelings of hurt. I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend in this manner. I hope it does not hold you back from making other animal friends.
There are millions of animals put to sleep because they have no home. An English women living in Italy worked many years saving homeless cats. She got the Italian Government to agree to fix homeless cats, and release them. I have always believed we owe to them to give them care.
Again, I am sorry for your lose, and hope you soon take another who needs a home.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:53 pm

12/1/2013

Abe..

Here's my Suki , she lived to be 19 yrs old.

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy 

In memory of the Mutti Suki10
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Joe, she looks much like the Mutti. 
Mutti's two kittens she left behind are almost as big as their mother.  I watch them sniffing in corners and seemingly looking for their mother.  I think they also miss her.
Someone said to me, "It's only a cat."  That pissed me off.  Only?  It was a living creature that didn't die of old age, but was taken out prematurely by a human.  How humans treat animals tells me much about the person and affects how I see them.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:07 pm

12/2/2013

Abe..
                                Have you ever watched a cat or a dog, someone will come up to them
                 and either they lick their hand or nose or they turn on them, to me that shows
                 they know who can be trusted or not...I've seen this a thousand times, always
                 amazes me.

Cheers..Joe....Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Yes Joe, I've noticed that.  Animals know who can be trusted. 
Perhaps politicians should be sniffed before their names are placed on the ballot.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:35 am

LOL, Abe!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:35 am

12/2/2013

Abe..

Before they run they should stand before a dog and cat, if they
                   accept them, lick their hand then they can run. If the dog or cat growls
                   then they don't get the job , great idea, now if only we can implement it.

Cheers.......Joe........Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In memory of the Mutti   In memory of the Mutti Empty

Back to top Go down

In memory of the Mutti
Page 1 of 1