Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Inner peace: you can't bottle it.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Inner peace: you can't bottle it. Empty
PostSubject: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 am

Inner peace: you can't bottle it. 528185_10202113144180199_1553420863_n
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 am

My personal means for finding inner peace is fifteen minutes of Chakra meditation, preceded by tea martoonies.  That way I don't start anything, so finishing isn't a problem.
Inner peace: you can't bottle it. 2850919110
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:37 am

If you finish everything - life is over.  That's why every room in my home and every thing I touch and every thought I conceive and every person with whom I have a relationship - all have something that needs finishing - I'll have to live forever to finish everything.

Reminds me of the collection of liquor that I accumulated by living in a hotel for 30 days - and every night a liquor and a chocolate was left on each pillow.  I moved into an apartment that was unfurnished during a short-term contract.  I had a drafting table, four chairs, four of everything to dine and a mattress on the floor - and my collection of liquors of which I was quite proud - and quite ready if anyone came to call.

My sons of seventeen and sixteen spent some time with me and then moved on their merry ways.  I had some company and went to the liquors of which I was so proud, each bottle unique and charming.  The cap came off too quickly and my friend took a whiff of the ..... tea.  The boys had emptied all 60 bottles and filled them with tea.  I had intended those little bottles to last a very long time, the only charming thing about that apartment - except that if you crouched in the corner of the screened porch you might catch a glimpse of the river view - for which I paid an extra $50 a month when I rented the apartment, site unseen.

Thus, the liquors I thought would last a very long time - were gone.  So, perhaps finishing some things is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 am

Loved it Shelagh.  I tried it and it works.  I think inner peace has much to do with going with the flow. 
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 am

9/30/2013

Inner peace to me is looking at a beautiful impressionistic art from the past
                    great masters, photographing a friends beautiful grandchild and the great
                    feeling sseing it came out grogeous and the baby's grand mother squealed
                    with delight over the photos, seeing a neighbors new Corgi who's six weeks
                    old light tan with white fur and her beautiful eyes, that's inner peace to me.
                    Here's the baby's photo...

Cheers..........Joe...Very Happy

Inner peace: you can't bottle it. 03812

Last edited by joefrank on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:38 am

alj wrote:
My personal means for finding inner peace is fifteen minutes of Chakra meditation, preceded by tea martoonies.  That way I don't start anything, so finishing isn't a problem.
Inner peace: you can't bottle it. 2850919110
Tea martoonies and she's anybody's. Inner peace: you can't bottle it. 499995 
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 am

DK, your comments about those small liquor bottles reminded me of my business partner when we were in Iran.  He opened all those small bottles in the liquor cabinet, took a sip (or two) and then filled them with water to look unused or unopened, so he didn't have to pay. 
I think the tea your son's used was a surprise especially if you were seeking something strong and as you indicated, saving them for a special day.

Inner peace is another good subject if we can equate it to our personal lives.  What gives satisfaction varies with each of us.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm

9/30/2013

Who's that cute baby ?

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inner peace: you can't bottle it.   Inner peace: you can't bottle it. Empty

Back to top Go down

Inner peace: you can't bottle it.
Page 1 of 1