Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+4
alj
Shelagh
vampireheartauthor
fleamailman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:12 am

repost from elsewhere, the goblin being trolled and playing the part of joan of arc

and with that the goblin returned, read the posts, and just thanked everyone for their concern once more, saying "...what does it matter what people think of one as long as one feels one is advancing in doing it, I mean I'm anonymous therefore the normal criteria of fame and fortune does not sway me, simply I'm not selling anything and I don't have to be popular, no need to compromise then, however, I do need to get these posts right to myself, why, because at some point I'm going to look back upon myself and think what did I get out of being on forumland for all my time here, so while others post and discard I prefer to post and polish, where it's funny how the years pass so quickly, so troll me now, cling to my shirt-tails if you wish, but it won't advance you, nor stop me neither, but one might ask what it will do to your forum if you continue trolling me now but that isn't my concern if it's not yours now...

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Political-pictures-uc-davis-pepper-spraying-cop-gets-the-meme-treatment
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:36 am

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you listening to" thread

"...ok humans, just wake me up when it's over please..." went the goblin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FHCGW7m4K8

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Cat-sleeping-black-white
xxxx
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 am

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you doing" thread

"...well, usual stuff..." started the goblin, continuing "...the captain has asked me to fetch the laundry from the cleaners and to buy toilet paper too, but the bistro was on the way so I'm pondering it all over in my mind to a coffee knowing that as much as her laundry and that toilet paper were of dire consequence to the tranquillity of one's domestic bliss, first I felt that I really ought to rescue forumland from all those trolls of their forum, the writertypes on this one, and from mommies elsewhere, yes it's a thankless task I know but I suppose someone has to do it, yet I imagine you do see how dysfunctional these forums become when their members are left to their own devices upon them..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Tumblr_lwbggcaFaB1qz51dto1_500
174 1093 10958
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 am

repost from elsewhere, new, the "where the buck stops" thread

"...nah, it's more likely to stop at the end of the year..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...those bush administration's tax breaks end this year where in their place mandatory spending cuts kick in, plus the fact that capital gains tax is set to go up 85%, europe is going bankrupt, etc., so all ticks over well with a flood of investors selling stuff before the capital gains tax kicks in, right till after the election but then whoever gets into power lands himself into the worst situation possible, a shortfall and unavoidable inflation probably neatly hidden behind some war...", in fact, the point to note was that the US treasury bonds only offered 1.5% on ten years, so why are they still buying them where absolutely anything else would earn one a better return, why so, because no one knows what is actually sound and what is rotten, such is the level of distrust towards the financial system now, where both gold and silver might be nationalized like they were in 1932, so treasury bonds at least spell something that is nationalization proof..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 2222206_f520
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:10 am

repost from elsewhere, new, the goth's "last post" thread

Quote :
Do you then believe that in the act of posting, one is bearing one's soul, that you can see the real person? Is it not the case that many people use the internet to be what they aren't in real life? Although maybe you could argue that in doing so, they really are being their real selves.....

"...no, what I understand is simply that if someone posts often enough then the contours of oneself might become clearer by that posting then..." replied the goblin accepting that the external self was ever moulded upon one's circumstances here, in that one was one's age, health, nationality, upbringing, job and marital status, etc., were all facts about oneself, but that one's inner self was evasive as if hidden by all those external facts then, so the goblin merely restated that he was not his facebook wall here, and yet, if he wasn't a facebook wall then, then by that understanding alone, who he really was was just had to be there upon his journey to self in posts across forumland now

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Chief1
177 1095 10964
Back to top Go down
Luckyme

Luckyme

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Lucky hangs languorously on the couch after a very sumptuous meal and dessert. One that left her utterly satisfied and carefree. "Do not worry Goblin," Lucky whispers. "There might not be a healthy economy waiting or even a treasure at this moment, but eventually all will find their ..." Lucky shakes her head and closes her mouth in time before things roll off her tongue that are best not said. She chuckles and thinks of xxxx. She is in her own private perfect world. Lucky has a bubble that shall not burst, not tonight at least, for tonight it is a perfect world.

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Commercial-bubble-300x300
Back to top Go down
http://lucypireel.com/
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:09 pm

("...ah good, my invite worked it seemed..." mused the goblin upon seeing luckyme here, adding "...no, they're super friendly, and being real writers too, they allow us to play unhindered, but I won't spoil it for you by telling you about them individually, just it's suffice to say that you can livewrite here, they're on your side if your on theirs too...")

repost from elsewhere

“...simply, the garden of eden will turn you back into that animal you were before you were cast out of it...” mentioned the goblin taking the fruits from out of his bag now, continuing “...and hopefully that's not what any of you humans want for yourselves, ah no you want to keep your wits about you now, to be sharp then, yet doesn't that sharpness and perception come from either hardship struggle or affliction now, ah yes, well you might want the soft option each time yet you'll only become soft by it...”, and with that the goblin held out his hand and offered the bitter fruit of knowledge for those who would care to try one, saying "...or you could have happiness instead I suppose, but you can't have both..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Goblin_by_oliver_hunter_2
177 1097 10972

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Dear Goblin,

There is more truth about you than fantasy, I think. I like the soft spot you create in your readers. It is genius.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:09 am

Quote :
Dear Goblin, There is more truth about you than fantasy, I think. I like the soft spot you create in your readers. It is genius. Love, Betty

"...this was the first writer's forum amongst so many to accept me, so it will be very last the the writer's forum that I will remain on too, so my debt to the wicked witch that runs this place is immeasurable, ah but alas, she is married to another it seems or else or I would have straight off offered my suit and dangled ruby shoes and fried munchins in front of her ever so attentive gaze..." replied the goblin, adding "...and what an amusing battle it was to be a livewriter on forumland, yet today even those forums that banned me for their pains have livewriting threads, places where one can just write in one's own style just like you do too Betty, that battle is not over, but it does mean much to have real writers accept me like you writers have..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 18056
xxxx
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:06 am

Me wicked? The very idea.

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 HalloweenWitch

Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 am

("...I throw myself at your feet once more o wicked one..." replied the goblin just happy that she had befriended him in a time when other writers had been less imaginative)

repost from elsewhere,

"...where is the logic of doing that which is expected of you..." asked the goblin, continuing "...surely, you're just pulling your punches if you do so, and besides, those readers don't ever want what they think they want, no I mean where is the magic in meeting their expectations each time, instead you must give them whatever they didn't know that they wanted until you gave it to them, so use your pen well human, don't go around drawing that same old rabbit from the hat just because it either fits the bill or pays the bills, instead try the real magician's trick of drawing those readers out of their chairs by holding them tightly to your pen..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Master_of-_ceremonies_zps02bc9c9b
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 am

repost from elsewhere, writer's forum, the "why do you write" thread

"...well, I imagine that I'm just like most writers I suppose, that probably I write because there's something serious wrong with me..." ventured the goblin, adding "...but if it's any consolation to you, I'm not nearly as nuts as those who actually read my posts, no I mean that they must be very far gone indeed to have read even this far, and then, right to the end of my post too, well who knows, perhaps they'll never ever be sane again, or maybe they weren't sane to begin with..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Jung-al7
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 am

("...I can't remember what I have or haven't posted here, so I'll jump to the newest and hope it meets with compassion then..." mentioned)

repost from elsewhere, new of today, still needs hewing

“...nah, get real goblin, who goes around buying souls these days when one can simply sell them student loans instead...” laughed the devil in a pinstripe suit, before taking placing his blackberry back into his briefcase full of contracts, continuing “...so you still don't get it do you goblin, a student loan indicates that one hasn't credit-worthiness, where no credit-worthiness means one gets no job even if you become qualified now, but the beauty of this is that the students are too young to understand the ruse, plus their debts are personalized meaning that they can't break their bonds to me behind the banks as they can't go bankrupt MYAHAHAHA, simply they're mine forever goblin...”, whereupon the goblin broke into sigh of disbelief shaking his head looking back at the devil who just continued bragging “...ah but my story gets better still, in that now that I've got all these loans together, I can wreak havoc furthering my mischief still if I then float them as a bond on the stock market underwritten by AIG again, with AAA arranged status of course much like my sub-prime housing bonds had, and walk away handsomely rewarded for my wickedness knowing that even now 1 in 5 students can't pay back their loans, in a job market that is clearly shrinking, and where the currency too is in freefall now, or whatever injecting 40billion new dollars into the economy indefinitely amounts to, yes I'm going to collapse their economy goblin, plus I own them all goblin, their banks, their lawyers, their politicians, and your media too, all mine now, nah, buying souls is so old hat goblin cause this is just so much more fun and far more effective...”, whereupon the goblin's mind just fell back onto the line voiced often enough in the dire horrors of the middle-ages that god sleeps, but no, far from it today, for now it was god's turn to be wondering when the humans would actually notice that the devil wore a business suit amongst them and had swapped his horns and trident for those of gold with a big cigar, just creating hell on earth for millions while the humans sleep

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Poetabarroco
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:32 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Sorry for all the questions, bud. But I'm not 100% on this ... So what's with the editing? I haven't actually seen anything edited in that thread. Also, I haven't seen anything reposted. Reposted from what? a writers beat thread? something else? My own work? I was invited byxxxx, sounds really trippy and cool but I have no idea what the concept is.

"...livewriting is just writing in posts for a forum readership, and as such it differs greatly from either standard bookwriting, where the reader has no voice, and from blogs where the reader may comment an observer then, but not as an equal..." replied the goblin, knowing that he had a lot of ground to cover in one post continuing "...so no, what we do is live then, where you might be my reader reading this post now, yet if I've motivated you enough, next I'll become your reader when you feed me something in return for what I have fed you here, a two way street then, interaction...", yes it was forum publishing in its way, in that each post one did on some communal thread reposted across many forums would be seen by hundreds if not thousands of readers eventually if one excelled at it, continuing "...I dare say too, that more people know xxxxx merely by her beautifully written reply enticing posts than they know of many of those more formal writers for all their ads and links to ebooks and blogs elsewhere, but xxxxx is still doing her first stage here, she's still creating her works, whereas me and Jats are are creating new works too but we are also reposting our posted works elsewhere again and again in an air/edit/backup process across forumland, the second stage then...", in fact, the goblin remembered just how many writers had both scoffed at the idea of livewriting itself, and of their ever being actual personas to their readers upon forumland, yet many of them today realize that their readers are not going to them like before, no instead, those readers are increasing frequenting these forums for a quick read and some interaction with their preferred authors, so livewriting, in an embryonic form at least, is for real today, smiling "...care to be in at its birth then..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 924VCVLqiLY_zpsa96d6152
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 am

repost from elsewhere, new

“...so I guess my role is simply to keep you company here while edging you on to write directly upon forumland, why, because what you write is what I get to read for my being here, so this encouragement of you is not as selfless as it first looks, and besides, a good balance of posters hides a multiple of sins within any individual who however imaginative still becomes repetitive in the end...” pointed out the goblin who then added “...moreover, obverse how readers seem increasingly more agitated now, how all this interaction here has actually shortened their attention spans, so yes, they might still aspire to read at length, yet their hearts just sink at even long posts...”, meaning that instead, today's writers probably had adapt their writings to something more like snippets of their works, these posts that were both concise, easy to read, and interactive too,, where then one's hitcount would indicate one's readership directly, and where nothing came between oneself and those readership by way of those publishing hoops, whereupon the goblin laughed his own inability to keep the post short, sighing “...guess one has to turn these forum goers into one's forum readers, and yourself into a livewriter now...”, where the slot just shouted “...time goblins please, the bar is now closed, thank you...”, as his laptop had no more battery life then, alas the goblin's readers would just have to fend for themselves till the goblin could get back

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Monkeys_zps7e9b398b
xxxx 114 203

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:12 am

repost from elsewhere, reply to someone who had started posting/corresponding for real on the "last post" thread

"...thanks..." replied the goblin, continuing "...so just think of this thread as yours now between us, just your chance to post anything you like and to win by it too, but that win is against yourself and is ever short lived as there can only ever be one last post by you where one is not what one has posted before, no one isn't one's past here, an excuse to keep posting on then, but don't get bogged down by trying to tag the last place each time, for it isn't how often one wins here that really wins one anything very much, no it's more like one wins out of this venture that which one puts into it, as it develops one's posting style while showing you who you are by what you post too, giving you a benchmark to go upon for only you know when it's up to your benchmark as oppose to mere tagging..." ventured the goblin who neither tagged nor stopped, saying "...same challenge for me too then, remember that a livewriter is only ever one present post away from becoming some poster in the past..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Flat550x550075f-1_zps13e780dd
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:31 am

repost from elsewhere, the "do you remember when" thread

the goblin showed, saying "...no I blame "the magic roundabout" myself..." continuing "...just it came too close to "the six o'clock news" so it was easy to connect the two together here and confuse them, because with the one, one was supposed not really to understand anything anyway but just accept there were characters with odd plots and carry ons while the other was the "magic roundabout" again whose viewers later became members of some obscure forum talking about old television programs here..."

magic roundabout theme remix 2011 - YouTube

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 The-magic-roundabout
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:00 am

repost from elsewhere, new, the "who do you love" thread

"...well now, they do say opposites attract, so I love just the captain as she commanded..." confided the goblin, not knowing if humans would understand such intricacies, adding "...though I suspect her true love is actually housework, to which I make some accommodation true, but only where and when my cloak of invisibility has failed me, otherwise it's a body that goes through the motions to a mind that goes through elsewhere, no she probably thinks that she married some potted plant stuck in front of a laptop, or whatever normal people interpret livewriters to be, but she'd probably admit that it's actually ok, after all talking to plants is good for one isn't it, and I'd be lost without her..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 6a00d8341c51c053ef013481807b66970c-450wi
xxxx
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm

repost from elsewhere, new, the "motivation" thread

Quote :
Staying focused,how not to succumb to the "getting scattered syndrome", in which all things need to be done at the exact moment when you are about to write.

"...nah, motivation is just something for those who are not that by nature..." ventured the goblin, adding "...me I'm anonymous, I mean what reason does someone anonymous have then, where there is no fame nor fortune, and where one's first written line will be exactly the same as one's last, just from silence to silence it becomes...", instead the goblin actually had force of habit, which admittedly didn't sound much like a viable reason to write with, adding "...most probably, anyone could write if so motivated, just they don't because it's not in their nature, whereas the writertypes, these piteous creatures around you now, are stuck with their nagging slots living their shared life within, and are just like that without reason...", "...goblin, she's going to ask what a shared life is next..." went the slot at this point thinking that the goblin was presuming too much of the reader here, after all, didn't that concept base itself upon the idea that goes everything one does does one in return, where the muse does not go back into the bottle even though her works might be out there now, "...so maybe you're right then slot, but I can't explain it for making this post too long, I mean normal people never read this far anyway, whereas if she replied back, why we'd have to call those men in white coats and place her in a writer's forum for sure, though wait, come to think of it, she's here already now, um, this could be serious indeed..." as all eyes fell on xxxxx and where most wondered if she could give up even now and no doubt save herself from those other selves within her still, or would the writing take her over then turning her lot into a shared life, yet the prognosis was anyone's guess

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 3352720947_0f55b18d29_z
xxxx
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:24 am

repost from elsewhere, new

Quote :
It took several attempts to digest that. Thank you. Thank you to everyone welcoming me. Out of curiosity, how many now published authors have WritersBeat.com for a springboard?

"...there are many here who are published, yet simply anyone can self publish these days, ah no, the real problem is not publishing side of things, no it's gaining the readership after one has formatted one's work into something downloadable from this internet here..." replied the goblin hoping that xxxx didn't mind his answering his question now, adding "...I mean there must be thousands upon thousands of ebooks out there already, where every single author wants you to either see it or buy a copy, and where each publisher too will say that their authors are the best going...", at which point the goblin asked in return "...so then, what would be your way of finding out whether someone's ebook is better than someone else's ebook without first buying that a pig in a poke on hype, moreover, where does one get to converse with the author and see how they write from what they post..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Anne-boleyn-couple-jonathan-rhys-meyers-love-natalie-dormer-Favimcom-188406_zpsa082f650
xxxx
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:30 am

repost from elsewhere, new,

Quote :
Hello everyone, today is my birthday.

"...ah no, I'm afraid one only ever gets one birthday then, the actual day one was born on that is..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...but each year you can hold an anniversary of that day using it as a marker of one's ageing in years, where it's joyous by default I suppose, and states the fact that it's so good to be alive, why, because when one dies that too is just another day, and although the years then pass on from that point onwards just like they did for those birthdays too, no one ever says "happy deathday" then, so enjoy your anniversary now, but not for what you receive upon it, but more simply because you are still there to receive it, while no doubt others less fortunate than you salute your passing still..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 FXLmqy6N_yY_zps56669058
xxxx
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 am

repost from elsewhere

"...ours is to witness that which the news won't admit..." went the goblin suspecting that things would get worst still, saying "...and besides, why does ourdearmedia look the other way each time, perhaps because they are not in the business of giving us the news for their lame distraction instead, their agenda then, where apart the obvious tectonic awakening today with all sorts of climatic happenings, together with the likelihood that mali will be a reenactment of the vietnam war with the same old french colonialists pulling in UN again for their lost cause of a hand picked democracy at the end of a gun barrel, etc., not to mention this global fiscal fiasco of a rampant currency war in a race to the bottom, oh but no, ourdearmedia is telling us that we're suppose to actually care about is why the pope resigned indeed, I mean who cares then, perhaps he too had had enough of their agenda...", in fact, the goblin was not a writer, any more than he was a journalist neither, but what he was outspoken, where forumland just meant that one could be outspoken, in that one could voice what ourdearmedia was covering up, no wonder then why established media was losing ground to this internet here

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 7021110589_1662cec49e_zps023b4073
xxxx 121 366

Last edited by fleamailman on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 2:54 am

repost from elsewhere

"...yes but what should we be posting where readers are not reading..." replied the goblin, adding "...surely xxxxx is right then, these bland posts that most writers do hardly commend their author behind them, where ok I'm a dislexsick who could never write as well as you humans do, but it's because you authors don't write in your posts that the readers hit onto this thread instead, whose fault is that...", in fact, it was like each time that some author broke ranks and started writing their fluidity within their posts, that all the readers around that author then went "wow, she really is amazing then, where's the next bit, I want more", whereupon the goblin just said "...yes, I'm probably the worst writer on this forum, but I wonder if I'm the only one treating forumland, and moreover forum readership too, as what it really is, for you and I and those readers too are not here for elsewhere any more, no this is the writer's new medium today, and this is where the author will be known by their posts..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 17553589_zps5456dba6
xxxx 122 390
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 pm

repost from elsewhere, new, needs hewing

at least the curtains did their best to filter out the excess of sunlight, and much of that midday heat too, while inside the goblin sat opposite the senators somehow understanding that their togas were supposed to cut out any devision in class but it was just another deception then, simply by now to be a senator meant to have the wealth and the backing of someone then, “...so how do you find rome goblin, the global superpower of our human world then, yes we're top dog today, moreover what with the civil war over it's prosperity all round...”, the goblin who didn't want to offend offered a lifted hand with a smile, and then went “...but for how long though, I mean how many dictators have tried to run the empire to date, and what now then, I mean if you leave a vacuum of power like this, along will come the next strongman, yes, funny isn't it, you senators hate emperors yet obviously octavious you can't run an empire without one can you, face it, where if you take hold of the power like you uncle julius tried to they won't stomach it, whereas if you do nothing the next strongman will just see you as a threat and eliminate you...”, “...well no, I've thought about that goblin, and that's why I'm actually going to resign letting them reinstate me as the power behind the senate here, just becoming president in your modern day terminology then, but I'll have to change the law too, in that if for example if I were to have one of my operatives break into my opponents premises, some snooping reporter might come along discovering my involvement, where the senate might then impeach me and where I'd be forced to resign before that point getting whoever comes after me to pardon me, so no, instead what I intend to do is simply change the law in the name of national security calling it the national defence authorization act, that way I'd be able use the state itself to do my dirtywork for me, meaning that in place of breaking into the democratic national committee building as in the watergate scandal I would simply send in my CIA agents with a subpoena of information and then hold indefinitely anyone who I deemed needed it, waterboarding those I felt to be hiding something from me, and even off killing those whom I felt to be my enemy then, how about you goblin, are you an enemy of the state then, yes I'd be careful what you post from now on, after all, those proud days of watergate are a thing of the past now, no today this first amongst equals is answerable to no one...”

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Caesar
xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:03 am

repost from elsewhere, goblin doing a welcome here

"...suppose I just asked you two questions then..." started the goblin in his late welcome now, continuing "...look, if nobody bar yourself liked what you wrote would you still have the guts to write it regardless, and conversely again, if everybody bar you liked what you wrote would you just fake it for them for their approval, that fame, or some financial gain...", but the goblin was standing on ceremony here, so instead he just drew a circle in the air with his finger to reveal a coffee set hanging upon thin air it seemed, to which he quickly handed a cup to xxxxx before carefully pouring into it some of the finest filtered coffee going, saying "...milk or sugar then, I believe that it is here somewhere, I mean this forum has most things, but the readers are like a pack of wolves where one keeps an eye on them but only enough to not let them eat you up with their expectations, where if not, you won't reach old age without regretting that you never wrote what you really wanted to, so now, think hard upon those two questions for your decision will show you who you are by what you then write...", and with that the goblin bade xxxxx hither, adding "...the forest of forumland is yours now, yes more readers here than most elsewhere..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Welcometomyhome_zps3282d998
xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next