Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+13
alice
mike bryon
luigie
vampireheartauthor
Carol Troestler
alj
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
lin
thehairymob
LC
Shelagh
fleamailman
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

the last person to post here wins Empty
PostSubject: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:58 pm

"...see, I've already won..." said the goblin again, who dearly wanted this thread to be a hotchpotch of everyones effort here, continuing "...come now, you win this just by posting something, but how you win this, or if you don't post here, is just a benchmark of self is it not, but I have great faith in you, or I wouldn't be here, play beat the goblin if you want to play it that way too, anything then, but do post something, for you have such talent mortals while life's clock ticks away your chance as you read this..."
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 pm

Okay, I'll play. I'll post something short, pithy and to the point.
the last person to post here wins Thumbtack
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:45 pm

("...ah, showtime..." said the goblin, liking admin already)

repost from elsewhere, a British "last post" thread, just sharing

the goblin thought the Brits were far smarter than they came across, saying "...the pictures are wonderful, the posts are good, and I like it here, so will let you live mortals, that is, unless you are in the UK where, between the pub and the labor exchange, a mere "subsistence existence" is practiced I believe, in that case I will just let escape to our continent then, or I could have my African friend here offer you this red cross food package in sympathy for your plight..."

the last person to post here wins Victoriabible
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:55 pm

This is too "Masterpiece Theatre" for me to play.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Not bad. You pinned me as an Empress. My Empire is a little wobbly at the moment. The food package will tide me over. Thank you, kind sir.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:00 pm

LC wrote:
This is too "Masterpiece Theatre" for me to play.
Pun intentional?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:13 pm

("...thanks, I love this game, and I guess I'm waiting for thehairymob to turn up since he's played this with me before..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...who will bet me that if this thread is not locked soon, it will become your most looked up thread here...", in fact, it was no ideal boast for the goblin knew that writers loved random threads, and this was no exception)

"...my little break over..." said the goblin who had to get back to his posting, somehow the "last post" thread was his way of seeing what he could come up with and to see if it would take form here, "...sure I could just write "I win" but with that I know I haven't really won much..." said the goblin appreciative of the openness of the idea of anything goes since it resulted in some people posting poems, while others posted pictures, while yet others chose smileys, texts, etc., "...so if someone ever asks me "what do I win", the answer has to be "depends on where the challenge is" but in the end the only person who knows if one is winning this challenge of "facing the slot" is oneself..." ventured the goblin again knowing that without that feeling that others members are also trying to take the "last post" here, writing can soon get forgotten as one slips all too easily back into a dailylife without any real recorded reflection made of it

the last person to post here wins Williamsrobert_retinaldelights_edit

no luck
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Ah, Robert Williams:

http://www.robtwilliamsstudio.com/

LC won't be able to resist this!
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:23 pm

("...you are very brave to post back each time..." mentioned the goblin now, adding "...but if you like pictures then I will try to please you...")

the goblin most probably couldn't even "think his way out of a paper bag" this morning, though whether that was the frost coated view that greeted his occasional glance outside, or more likely that the fact this slow moving into Winter physically reminded him too much of decline, either way then, those spells, cast by a punchy coffee and deep music upon the surface area of the bistro had lost their usual potency with the goblin grounded, saying "...a wave withdraws to crash upon itself each time, just like my posting now, so this too, will retract to the point where it all crashes out of me in a post again, and then, when it does, it'll seem as effortless as something even witnessed by me..." continuing "...to be honest I watched the google stream of the film "Zeitgeist" through the night, hence this retracting feeling within me at this point, a lot of it reminded me of those two extremes within American society these days, that of "blind belief" against "blind disbelief", but they're both wrong I feel, America is not an angel here, nor a demon either, she is just human in my view, like the rest of us then...", well, except for the goblin that is for he was only a persona

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3149990642797444340&hl=en#

the last person to post here wins Picture18-1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:06 pm

repost from elsewhere, recent events

well, back to the subject of flying in europe now, where the goblin realized that the real problem for most people was not "the actual danger" in itself, so much as "the envisaged hassle" here, in that, one accepted that there was a remote chance that the plane might crash understanding that would be the end to it, whereas what actually dissuaded most people, was the more likely event of be stranded, troublesome because it wouldn't be the end to it, so the goblin just concluded by saying "...it's simply that "an equation of bother" where ones priorities are more decided by ones laziness rather than by any actual danger here..."

the last person to post here wins Star-trek-20080223-184043
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:30 am

Are you a morris dancer, perchance?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:59 am

("...sort of I suppose, I love this dance now..." replied the goblin)

the goblin liked seeing the posts here, feeling that no one could doubt the sincerity of this thread now, saying "...well, I might let you win for a while, but I will never let myself lose outright here, even if I know that these posts have no tangible permanence, and so now, for all those who ask "what's the prize then" the answer is "you're looking at it", where there's always that penalty too, of having to go through ones life without ever really knowing what one might have posted had one not made the effort to..."

the last person to post here wins Protest

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:49 am

the goblin never forgot Hemingway's ways famous line "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast", and then the goblin felt that he too, should try for a quote, something like "..."if you are lucky enough to have lived in London as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for London is "meals on wheels" then..." ventured the goblin

the last person to post here wins D_019337
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:53 am

("...my thread mortals..." went the goblin now)

the goblin enters the bistro, heads for his usual seat and there in the corner is a couple who pay a moment's strained silent close attention to the goblin's entry into the scene here, the goblin tries to give the impression that he is not interested by simply making his actions of setting up his laptop clearer than usual, as they, in their turn, return to themselves in a conversation that will become more and more romantic as they lower their guard again, their infidelity is clear since married couples in bistros invariably talk shop and are indifferent to others
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:12 am

the last person to post here wins MealsOnWheels-LOGO-280

Woodstock?

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:13 am

I think we just had a brief encounter.
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:17 am

The muddy field,
Didn't stop the crowd,
As music descended from the stage,
To cause dancers to find their feet,
Minds expanding,
Under the effects,
Of things illegal,
But the crowd don't care,
as long as they have a good time,
At the happening,
In a muddy field.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:26 am

("...I love this site already..." said the goblin now, adding "...don't forget to collect your replies into something, we using live writing tricks here...")

the goblin just reminded everyone something, saying "...it isn't the number of posts, which one has done, that is the whole story here, since anyone could just tag threads to death, which would give that person exactly the same post count in the end, if not more in fact, than someone else who had tried to include content each time...", the goblin also knew that he didn't want to be misunderstood in what he was getting at here, and certainly he didn't hold anything against anyone trying to be "the number one poster", only that he just wanted everyone to see for themselves something about their posting, so he continued "...no, to see if your thread is working, it is best to look at the "hit count" too, since a very good thread will often have a lower number of posts to it while having a high hit count, think of it as posts = participation, while hits = readership, simply if you want to see where you really stand, look at the hit count...", then the goblin posted a picture as always, knowing that some people had reading problems and would come back saying the goblin's posts are too long, "...hands up all those who think flea's posts are too long then..." ventured the goblin again

the last person to post here wins Raise-your-hand
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:30 am

fleamailman wrote:
the goblin never forgot Hemingway's ways famous line "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast", and then the goblin felt that he too, should try for a quote, something like "..."if you are lucky enough to have lived in London as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for London is "meals on wheels" then..." ventured the goblin

the last person to post here wins D_019337
Down and Out in Paris and London?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:30 am

thehairymob wrote:
The muddy field,
Didn't stop the crowd,
As music descended from the stage,
To cause dancers to find their feet,
Minds expanding,
Under the effects,
Of things illegal,
But the crowd don't care,
as long as they have a good time,
At the happening,
In a muddy field.
I like this.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:31 am

("...nice, I like it too..." said the goblin again, adding "...I might have to repost some which thehairymob has already seen but each "last post" is basically a air/edit/backup here, but that is how new posts are born then, simply "posts are born or posts", welcome to live writing in action...")

repost from the same British "last post" thread

the goblin just looked back over the ransom note, reading
Quote :
"listen you Saxon scum, us Scots have still got shelagh from when we raided her tomb in the pyramid next to the pub and the lobar exchange, and unless you lot pay up promptly we will slowly feed her Scottish cuisine, yes, you heard that Saxons, real kippers, followed by haggis and then a fried Mars bar too, ah, bet that sends shivers down your Saxon spines, well if any of you had spines that is, but just to prove our good will in the matter, we will now lower the asking price from 90 pence to only 50 pence here, don't contact the police or be warned we will promptly play bagpipes and recite Robbie Burns to show you just how ruthless we can be when cornered, just put the money in an envelope marked "PM" and post it, I am looking forward to your speedy cooperation in this matter, I remain., yours faithfully, Gorden Brown whoops, someone else
and yet somehow the goblin wondered if the members of this forum really had that much money amongst them

the last person to post here wins GomerPyle
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:40 am

Shelagh was held to ransom,
But those nasty Saxons' wouldn't pay,
So she was forced,
To eat the sheeps innards,
Washed down with a Heavy brew,
Still they refused,
So out came the Mars bar in batter,
A heart attack waiting,
Shelagh's screams went unanswered,
And still no payment came,
So the tried the porridge oats,
Unfortunately they Scot's made a mistake,
They gave her Ready Break instead,
Which made the Damsel quite strong,
She broke her bond and was free,
But you don't want to know,
What she did to those Saxon,
For not paying up,
And forcing her to eat the Haggis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:40 am

Not a chance. 50p is way too much.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:41 am

thehairymob wrote:
Shelagh was held to ransom,
But those nasty Saxons' wouldn't pay,
So she was forced,
To eat the sheeps innards,
Washed down with a Heavy brew,
Still they refused,
So out came the Mars bar in batter,
A heart attack waiting,
Shelagh's screams went unanswered,
And still no payment came,
So the tried the porridge oats,
Unfortunately they Scot's made a mistake,
They gave her Ready Break instead,
Which made the Damsel quite strong,
She broke her bond and was free,
But you don't want to know,
What she did to those Saxon,
For not paying up,
And forcing her to eat the Haggis.
Well, it was Burns Night.

Last edited by Shelagh on Sat May 01, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:42 am

(where that terrible line "the taste lingers on the bum" instead of usual "the taste lingers on the tongue" had not crossed the goblin's mind, pity)

repost from somewhere else again

the goblin thanked the poster, saying "...actually, looking at my inbox this is one of my quieter threads, resembling very much a blog, which it isn't, or at least wasn't ever intended to be...", not that the goblin minded, he continued "...but anyway, turning back to the difference between "book writing" and "live writing", which I equated before to something like the "theater" as opposed to the "cinema" for its contact to the audience, simply with book writing, much as I love books, their market share is in total decline, that is for every new reader of a book there are perhaps hundreds, if not thousands, of people who are turning up on the Internet as readers/writers in their own right, so looking at it from this standpoint alone, I probably now have a readership, and feedback too, that rivals a minor author, well, if one adds together all the "hit counts" across 50 "last post" threads that is...", the goblin paused for his coffee again, adding "...not that any of this actually matters to someone anonymous by choice, it's just a result of my "journey to self" through posting..."

the last person to post here wins 5078247f7c92da4b134b7610073ebc78f57

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 01, 2010 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next