Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

the last person to post here wins

Go down 
+13
alice
mike bryon
luigie
vampireheartauthor
Carol Troestler
alj
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
lin
thehairymob
LC
Shelagh
fleamailman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:45 am

A likely tail ... oops tale.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:49 am

("...thread is mine mortals..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

the witchdoctor marked the money that had now returned to him again, saying "...see goblin, this way they always returns to me...", the goblin, who had been sitting nearby, didn't know what to believe but the logic didn't seem right at all, and yet here were those notes now, "...oh, it's not just money goblin, it's most things one wants and those one doesn't want even, I mean ever thought that it could be that "that those things you have now, actually sought you out", and that, "that those things you want now, are looking for you still", if so, then the question then is how to call them towards you, spells then, prayers perhaps, oaths even, so what do you think is really at work here my goblin friend...", the witchdoctor smiled as if remembering something, and then continued "...let me guess now goblin, my guess then is that your logic would have it that this blood here is to indent my memory of course, that this sacrificed animal was to jolt some deep feeling within me, and that the music together with the smoke was to elevate my mental state too, because that's what you see here of course, isn't it goblin, but in the end you're thinking that it is only me calling out for it to be, well maybe it is then, I can't prove anything to the contrary, but then again just look back at your own past goblin and count the number of times it has somehow seemed more than a coincidence that something has happened, as it has happened, when it has happened, and just when you seemed to have called deeply out for it too...", the goblin didn't directly reply to the witchdoctor who just continued dipping a lone finger into the warm blood again before touching each note in a slow deliberate manner, till eventually, with the last note that is, the witchdoctor just stopped, looked back across at the goblin again, and directly said "...you know goblin, the real difference between us is that your reason tells you that one can't just call something towards one, so you drown before the boat sinks in my view, whereas I keep calling everything towards me regardless of what my reason thinks..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 0066
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:54 am

(("...too long, OK, sorry..." apologized the goblin)

Quote :
say it with roses

"...no no no humans, not roses at all, you need to send her an enormous bottle of beer, that's far more symbolic in my view and sends the message that you really do understand her inner sensitivities here..." mentioned the goblin at it

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Lizt_newman_cattinroof
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:39 am

Elizabeth Taylor visited Britain this week and met the Prince of Wales. She gave one of her best performances in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. She was amazingly beautiful.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:46 am

("...agreed, beauty is a funny thing though..." said the goblin putting up something about it)

"...ah yes, we hit upon that "outer person" problem again, ones photo no less, not fair is it now, something one has no choice about, so on the Internet you can present yourself as the person in the mirror if you like under the graces or ravages of time I suppose, but that's not the true you, not for me at least, nor the you that Interests me now, so tell me then what you would like to look like if you had a magic wand, but, between you and me, this Internet means that I am probably imagining you to be like that already, amazing then how women look so beautiful when they feel beautiful about themselves, and how they flog themselves for that goal of "stunning beauty" which would lose them their parters, so is it their feminine counterpart to male "bodybuilding" I wonder..." the goblin paused, not an easy concept then, continuing "...think about this then, simply if "stunning beauty" were really the type of beauty every man was looking for here, then why don't more women meet that criteria in real life when, in fact, so few do...", a quick gulp of coffee and then "...no, men admire "stunning beauty" yes, who doesn't, but only as "something to look at", and yet, as with the bodybuilding analogy, firstly, the vanity factor in that "stunning beauty" is a real turnoff here, where secondly, something that few men will openly admit, it is this "incompatibility with themselves" which stops them remaining in a relationship with a "stunning beauty" for long if at all, simply in the end ones parter is just the person one is comfortable with, and although one likes beauty in ones partner "stunning beauty" uneases one in reality, even if both men and women alike, dream of it..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Elizabeth-taylorf
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:49 am

"...ah ladies, a man will never tell you that he actually loves you for your imperfections then, while you will never believe it for the simple truth it is, even when he tells you clearly that it just is, so instead he just tells you that you are perfect, which rightly you don't believe either, where he's just hoping that it will somehow appease you with a lie which of course it doesn't..." mused the goblin adding almost in a whisper and a wasted breath "...proximity and time are all that matter here where men are concerned, they love you for your imperfections again, but you never believe them do you, and still you want to be some monotone perfect when it's your imperfections that makes you so wondrous to him..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Way-cool-post
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:55 am

Stunning beauty is high maintenance. Only rich men can afford the upkeep. Now, even relatively young women pay for botox injections. Today, people want to stay young looking and look good when they die of old age. At the same time, they pierce and tattoo their perfect skin. Weird.
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:01 am

The Linux pengiun calls out,
Against the removal,
Of the imperfections,
That make us all,
Unique in our own way,
Decrying the plastic generation,
Who all want to be a clone,
Same as the rest,
A pea in pod,
Afraid to be themselves,
Just in case they are,
That one in a million,
That they so follow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:47 am

("...both very true and well portrayed scot, for you see how I am battling elsewhere just to be myself there..." continuing "...where the first thing you would expect on joining a writer's forum is their acceptance of someone else's writing style, regardless of how the member actually wrote as long as that member was polite to everyone as I have been with them...")

"...well, to claim some belief to be the truth is folly mortals..." repeated the goblin, continuing "...it's as if ones just trying to convince oneself of something one doesn't really know then, and that somehow to believe in it will curry favor with some divinity to which that belief belongs to, will it, prove it, one can't, why, because at the end of the day, whatever one says to oneself, one still doesn't know it, one only believes it...", and with that the goblin couldn't remember how many times he had faced this point in his understanding then, it was as if all he could actually go on was "what he knew" and "what he could know", so "knowing" had to come from here then, facing oneself that is, "...look, to know oneself on the outside, one simply has to reflect upon ones actions, but how does one get to know oneself on the inside I wonder, well isn't that where ones posting comes in and what those posts reflect of one...", which was the point where the voice inside seemed to go "...so what do your posts tell you about yourself then goblin...", "...only that it's a journey to self, while there's still time, that's all..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Moon-1
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:49 am

("...too long again, sorry, here as amends then..." went the goblin)

and then the rightful goblin showed up thanking the humans for looking after his thread, "...you did wonderfully I feel, you all merit being promoted up a rank..." said the goblin then borrowing the words of Groucho Marx "..." perhaps I should actually worry about any site that accepts me amongst its ranks"..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Surdo01
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:17 am

Why worry?
It won't do anything to make,
Your life any more sweat,
If anything is true,
It would for sure,
Only take the joy,
And shorten your lot.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:22 am

so what did I win?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:26 am

You won the second last prize,
Don't be to upset,
It's better than the one,
That came last that is,
For he went home,
With the lust big blonde,
Who's name was Derek
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:30 am

lin wrote:
so what did I win?

a reply to that constantly asked "what do I win" question

"...the poster wins here a great chance to experience first hand "futility and despair" in friendly surroundings..." replied the goblin

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Laugh_Now_54_fullsize
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:32 am

repost from elsewhere

the goblin wanted to support this site and therefore felt that some pictures were in order here, saying "...well yes, the pictures are there to help people with reading difficulties, whereas the texts are just there for those with mental problems, and for those with both I suppose I could link them to MTV if they so wished..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 027
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:50 pm

repost from a british "last post" thread

"...oh yes it all floods back, Kendal Mint Cake is great when one is about to die of cold running across those open moors having escaped from Dartmoor prison isn't it, and where those sheep, like vultures, are just waiting for the kill to eat your garments..." mentioned the goblin who otherwise didn't really care for it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendal_Mint_Cake

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Sheep
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:05 pm

He ran from them,
As they chased him down.
He thought they were,
Wanting to eat his soul,
But really they could smell,
The minty goodness,
He'd hid in his pocket,
To keep it safe,
As he ran from Dartmoor Prison.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:42 pm

fleamailman wrote:
repost from elsewhere

the goblin wanted to support this site and therefore felt that some pictures were in order here, saying "...well yes, the pictures are there to help people with reading difficulties, whereas the texts are just there for those with mental problems, and for those with both I suppose I could link them to MTV if they so wished..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 027
Mona has teeth? I thought they were supposed to be all rotten.
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:47 pm

She got them pulled,
To look good for the big day,
When the master painted her face,
But the he gave her,
A set too big,
And so she scare him away,
Leaving South Park to,
Make a painting so vivid,
It set our eyes alight.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Wrong county! Kendal mint cake is lakeland stuff. Dartmoor escapees would be eating Devonshire cream teas.

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 XJDvFCU=

Last edited by Shelagh on Sat May 01, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:55 pm

("...another one well written scot..." went the the goblin, where turning to queenbot, said "...shelagh, due to a recent event elsewhere, where I seem to have upset people by this thread, and my constant posting to it, just tell me when I am either going too far or too fast...", in fact, the goblin promised that, contrary to whatever, he was in fact a responsible "live writer" here and then went MYAHAHAHAHAHA to prove it)

the goblin is thinking about the global downturn again, which seemed to contrast perfectly with the clear blue sky over the white mountains of this sunny morning, that is, while complimenting that hidden gripping cold within it too, "...well, at this point, a coward would close his eyes, cast his mind elsewhere, or change the subject in his mind, a fool would only seek those distractions most people rave about and pass his life in that way, but only someone slightly mad would venture to record it for no other reason than the fact that he was here and that this was happening in front of his eyes..." concluded the goblin mad as ever as the recession grew closer

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 5267fd2221e5693d913c63f5cd84f67765e
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:57 pm

He was a very confused escapee,
Running from the sheep like that,
Lucky for us,
He was quickly caught,
And now finds himself,
On the Isle of White.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Post away, goblin. I recently deleted over 2,380 posts so any help in bumping up the post count is greatly appreciated -- this is what this thread is all about, no?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:01 pm

thehairymob wrote:
He was a very confused escapee,
Running from the sheep like that,
Lucky for us,
He was quickly caught,
And now finds himself,
On the Isle of White.
He should have gone to confused.com, or should that be confused.con?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:04 pm

repost from elsewhere, a dating site's "last post" thread

Quote :
Why not start your own site and invite those you admire for their writing skills to join you

"...true, and as an idea it is sound enough, but I would still have to go to new sites for two reasons..." mused the goblin, thinking about it now, continuing "..."editing" and "meeting", editing in that what you see here are reposts, that is even when I directly reply by reposting from my laptop now, where in each reposting, the wording is ironed out a little..", and then the goblin mentioned the other reason, while actually wondering how people in the west country dry their clothes in all this rain here, so his mind went off in a tangent again to those enlightened words "introducing the all new ecologically friendly way of drying ones clothes near dartmoor, first wash and spindry them, then hang them out to dry for however long one wishes, then, while still damp that is, wear those clothes on ones person till dried out, then return them to the laundry basket and repeat process where required", whereupon the goblin's mind returned to the subject, saying "...no, the other reason is that I like to meet people here, but not their real life counterparts that is, just their personas now, perhaps then, if there is an author in all of us as they say, then that's what I'm looking for now..."

the last person to post here wins - Page 2 LittleOaksDartmoor

Last edited by fleamailman on Sat May 01, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   the last person to post here wins - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next