Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Status of forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Status of forum Empty
PostSubject: Status of forum   Status of forum EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 12:06 am

I'm wondering if the forum is still active since there haven't been any new posts.
There is much that could be discussed, i.e., Corona Virus and how it is affecting everyone along with politics. 

I miss the comradery – the interaction of members on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Status of forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status of forum   Status of forum EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 3:44 pm

If you have something to say, go ahead, Abe. The forum isn't active but still receives many visitors; at least 310 visited the forum on May 27th this year.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Status of forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status of forum   Status of forum EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 11:29 pm

I am a believer in Vaccines.  Why?  Because they have been proven to be effective in preventing disease.  It is a normal reaction to resist anything new, especially when it is unproven.  I can relate to my childhood.  Before entering school in 1945, I was required to get a smallpox vaccination.  Smallpox was virtually eradicated due to these vaccinations saving the lives of many.  Later came Polio vaccines. These vaccines worked and saved even more lives and eliminated deformities caused by Polio.  When I entered the USAF in 1957, I received a series of shots.  I don’t remember what they were, however they were required.  Further shots were given depending on the location of my assignment.  After leaving the military and traveling abroad, I was required to present a vaccination card along with my Passport before boarding a plane.  Depending on one’s destination, special shots were required.  We believed in science.  We followed the rules established by authorities. 
History records the various diseases that caused the death of millions.  The Flu pandemic is a more recent example.  See: Influenza pandemic - Wikipedia
I received my first two shots for the Corona Virus.  Today I will get a booster shot that I take willingly.
I already got my annual Flu shot. Following Science is prudent, in my opinion.  Shots may not be 100% effective, however they can and do save lives.  Following the guidelines of the Scientists makes sense.  Wearing a mask helps with the prevention of various air-born viruses.  Having had several operations, I felt more secure seeing the nurses and doctors wearing masks.  They obviously do this for a reason.   
I urge you to get vaccinated.  I also urge you to wear a mask when you are in the public.  Follow the scientific guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Status of forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status of forum   Status of forum EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 12:28 pm

Good advice, Abe. Masks are still required in public places in Wales. Strict rules about travelling in and out of the country were put in place early, mainly because of the heavy financial burden on the NHS to treat Covid patients. Having adjusted to the new situation, I'm finding the new normal has advantages over the old. We travel less, eat in more, do more home cooking and pay for home tv entertainment. Life is good.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Status of forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status of forum   Status of forum EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 11:33 pm

I received my booster on Tuesday (third shot).  My arm is sore where the injection was made, however it is a reminder that I am protected.  That doesn’t mean I can avoid the wearing of a mask.  I try to give a wide berth to people not wearing masks.  Actions speak louder than words.  Retail outlets in Germany have signs requiring the wearing of masks before entering the store along with maintaining a distance of 1.5 Meters from other customers.  At the check-out, there are lines drawn on the floor to keep the proper distance.  It was difficult in the beginning to remember to put on a mask, now I have one hanging on the rearview mirror of my car and put it on before leaving the car.  Although I use a new mask after several uses, the mask can be reused once it is aired out.  Borrowing a used mask is not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Status of forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status of forum   Status of forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Status of forum
Page 1 of 1