Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

the last person to post here wins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 am

repost from elsewhere, the "how old are you" thread

"...well now, I seem to remember that I was much older before..." mentioned the goblin casually enough, continuing "...but that is when I trying to write perfectly, and carrying that weight of my years around my neck too, so I just dropped it understanding that all this was just virtual reality anyway, and what's another name for virtual reality humans, yes you've guessed it right, fiction, it's all fiction isn't it, where all that is ever here are these words upon your screen now, something that you then interpret into a reality of me, but nothing we can say to each other can prove it now, in truth we're just anonymous...", simply the goblin was pointing out that the choice regarding one's persona on forumland is one of an aging wendy or of an ageless peter pan, adding "...so why have that which one can't prove, no ages please, who needs them anyway..."

171 1041 10629
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:35 am

repost from elsewhere

....so the federal reserve, which isn't even american then, agrees to buy the toxic debts of the banks on condition that the banks in return then buy back the same amount in treasury bonds, a simple swap it sounds, well not quite is it... mused the goblin seeing this repackaging of a debt under a different name meant that instead of the banks defaulting through their own debts now, it would be america who either defaults or devalues in their place now, so the goblin just mused ...war is on the cards, and who wants war, probably no one now, and yet how else can the banks hide this theft without such an intense distraction here, where who actually wins doesn't matter as the banks always hedge their bets by lending to both sides, so who gets killed in throwing the dice of war is not really their their concern...

171 1042 10642
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "sleeping pattern" thread

"...well a lot depends on whether my bed turns into a tumble-drier of thought, or some court of its own conscience, or a place of visitation for one's ghosts of the past, where either way then, sleep itself becomes so elusive..." mentioned the goblin whose dreams too, were often so vivid that many a time he just woke up feeling that he needed to get a rest from sleeping now, adding "...I think xxxxx did a post on the edit thread about her shared life yesterday, where everything rang true with me now, simply it's that what you write writes you in return experience isn't it, for my pen awakes me and my mind is not always my own by it...", "...oh yes, it's far too late for anyone who actually understand what you're experiencing here goblin..." ventured those constant voices in the background once more

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 pm

repost from elsewhere

upon returning home the goblin invariably puts the television on without paying much attention to it, merely the room was too unnerving without some distraction within it, saying ...so this silent stillness is that same unease one feels towards death's realm of depth, where the undertaker is ever so quiet, still, slow, and deeply in earnest towards one, the room feels too in earnest towards one perhaps, all silent, unnerving in its quietness even, where this television is like a pet that offers one distraction and company, one is comforted by both its connection and its distraction here..., a sip of coffee and then the goblin just continued ...so you humans by your very nature now always seem to seek those signs of life, such as sounds, movements, etc., those that are not the realm of death nor of one's maker perhaps, yet what do you do when you want to concentrate on what you're doing, seeking earnest writing depth and connection withis, well, off goes that television for that depth then...

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:58 am

repost from elsewhere, fraying with writertypes on their forum again

...lamentable agreed, but lamentation alone won't turn back the clock... replied the goblin who still liked books even if he saw less and less people reading them, continuing ...where if one then interprets this computer usage as on-screen reading, then one soon sees the real culprit here, no not as the humble ebook reader, it's the computer itself, where the computer has mimicked each media in its turn making music, radio, television, socializing, books, newspapers, and the like, all easily accessible off the internet now, as if underlined by the very fact that you are reading this reply on-line here..., in fact, the goblin was well aware that by the time one had got someone to read even one line of one's book, either ebook or otherwise, just so many more people would have turned up on facebook or twitter or forumland to read and interact directly instead, saying ...you see, the reader wants interaction today, where those other social networks are not my style anyway, yet forumland here with all this forum readership is just up for grabs between us, where those who build up a solid readership by their posts will prosper by them, whereas the ones who still flog yesterdays methods for yesterday's market with all too obvious links away from the forum to their whatever then are fooling themselves by underestimating the reader here, for if ever the author was a persona by what he wrote, it was was never moreso than today, and by each post too...

171 1045 10668
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 pm

repost from elsewhere, the "what's your mood" thread

"...my mood is observant today..." replied the goblin sitting across from a mother and son couple, with her being older and his being younger than the goblin here, in fact, it all reminded the goblin of a time before when he too would often take his senile old mother up to the village in the morning's cake and coffee, save that difference here was that the mother in front of him seemed quite compus mentis where only a shivering hand actually gave the game away, somehow the voice in the back of the goblin's mind, was saying "...look, surely you can't ever wish this upon your children goblin, so your homework is to recognize the first signs, figure out its time-frame and have a painless solution ready, just let yourself go without letting on goblin that's all, it's no one's decision but yours yet decide you must..."

171 1046 10672
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:42 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Hey, fleamailman, I have a question for you. How much time did you invest in this thread?

"...very little..." replied the goblin, explaining "...the reposts are simply air/edit/backup now, where each time I repost something it gets feedback, while I get to edit it too, and where it becomes a backup should something happen to the original...", yet nothing actually mattered, in that he was anonymous and had been banned and so many times with his threads/posts had been erased too, that he had arrived at an understanding now, a madness perhaps, that it was not so much what resulted form posting as gaining the ability to do post that counted, saying "...think of this as the reader seeing the footprints of a creature that the author sees, the author writes hoping that his pen will capture the contour of the creature knowing that the creature is never caught by it, just that that practice of capturing is what the author is trying to strengthen within himself...", and that was all it was then

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12326
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 am

"No banning here," replied the administrator. So this thread will be never ending then.

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 am

"...better not tell the troll forum that Shelagh..." replied the goblin, adding "...actually I'm in britain now, oh dear lord please tell me how one can ever be excited about anything, let alone winning gold medals where there's no continental coffee...", in fact the goblin, whose morning in this picturesque devon village, had him feeling just like hercule poirot pointing out to hastings that the true cause of the goblin's death was caused by complete and utter despair at this one failing, all something reminiscent of those villages one had to conquer in that old dungeon keeper game, so, what with the cremation service this afternoon, this old house and village too, much like those villages in the game then, are laid waste to fate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLoyRysSKl8

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:42 am

Ah, but continental coffee flows like milk and honey on the Continent. You are back in blighty now, where cups of tea are the order of the day -- or cups of tea put order into the day. Winning gold medals not exciting? They are in this family. My mother is square-eyed; she loves cricket, tennis, formula one racing, and any other sport that lasts for hours. My father loves horse racing, football and any sport that doesn't last longer than two hours. My brother watches rugby (union and league) and football and any other sport where British sportsmen and women are involved. Then there's my husband, ex-Victor Laudorum, football and rugby player and ex-member of Wolverhampton & Bilston Athletics club. To top it all, the mother of the young, paralympics, gold medal winning, swimmer drops off her young, swimming superstar every morning immediately opposite my home. I'm surrounded by sports-mad people. Excited about our gold medal prospects? You bet!

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:31 am

("...no no no humans, too much television and many gold medals will turn the natives very restless indeed..." warned the goblin, heeding shelagh's words, adding "...and besides, the brits are far more british when they're all being stoic about their lot once more than when they're actually happy...")

repost from elsewhere, the nanowrimoron winner who turns out to be sane after all

Quote :
Took your advice and did a search on your Forum Name and my oh my you are in a lot of places dear Goblin. You have quite the following as well. Nice work on building your readership, I guess that is fine for someone who doesn't want to make a living off of his/her writing. Although I write because it is my breath of life I still would like more then just forum reply acknowledgement. You however have created a vast following and I respect that!

"...ah but who are actually your readers xxxxx and how are they ever going to know about the worth of your ebooks without their first looking over your posts to see the workings of the author behind them, simply it's word or mouth by forums isn't it, where by the time you've got someone to see even the first line of your book, imagine just how many more posters will have seen our posts instead, not to mention the fact that you are able to reply directly by this means too, well is it any wonder that forum-readership is growing apace..." replied the goblin who had only suggested perhaps that xxxxx adds two words to her username to make it traceable across forumland now, adding "...sorry but an ebook priced at 99cts with all those hours that goes into it, doesn't merit my stepping out of anonymity now, and does rather seem a hard sell against your simply doing a few posts across forumland that then tells those readers that xxxxx's ebooks must be something worth reading, up to you now, um... but of the two, which do you feel would get you better known faster where naturally you're being published both are important to each other I imagine..."

171 1051 10708
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:00 am

repost from elsewhere

"...me, I want to conquer forumland in posts, no, I want that when they relate our epoc they'll just write the twenty first century gave birth to the livewriters and the livewriting scene of those who wrote and conversed in posts across forumland directly..." related the goblin who saw no reason why this forum shouldn't become a magnet for both readers and authors alike, adding "...me, I'll never step out of my anonymity here for that would be the death of me, ah but you, and moreover you're username too, could amass such a readership across forumland that makes all that you've seen on forumland to date seem like a mere prelude of what is possible where a thousand hits per post is a piece of cake with more readers to forumland than either blogs or ebooks, so what say you human, are you still thinking that our here is for writing elsewhere MYAHAHAHAHA...", where somehow a whole chorus of goblins are not to be trusted tralala could be heard merrily in the background

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 am

Are you back in the land of the good coffee? We are gearing up for the paralympics.

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:08 am

"...well yes, the coffee is amazingly amazing again, but geneva is 40c with a big fat sun too near for comfort, so I've come to my workplace in the mountains even on my day off in order to cool down and to serve humanity upon forumland with posts a plenty once more, and where better for that than this forum where the writertypes, and the normal people too, coexist side by side in peace mostly..." mentioned the goblin always appreciative of how he had been accepted in spite of his lax grammar, adding "...yes we've come a long way haven't we, wait, still reading, gosh how proud I am of you now...", in fact, the goblin loved this forum then he would be here till his end

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:18 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Hey, fleamailman, I have a question for you. How much time did you invest in this thread?

"...very little..." replied the goblin, explaining "...the reposts are simply air/edit/backup now, where each time I repost something it gets feedback, while I get to edit it too, and where it becomes a backup should something happen to the original...", yet nothing actually mattered by it, in that he was anonymous and had been banned and so many times with his threads/posts had been erased too, that he had arrived at an understanding now, a madness perhaps, that it was not so much what resulted form posting as gaining the ability to do post in itself that counted, saying "...think of this as the reader seeing the footprints of a creature that the author sees, the author writes hoping that his pen will capture the contour of the creature knowing that the creature is never really caught by it, so perhaps it's just this practice of capturing then that the author is slowly trying to strengthen within himself by posting...", yes, perhaps that was all it was then and all it would ever be too

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:35 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...a lot depends, but as a livewriter I guess I both need and enjoy the direct readership or replyship of these posts on this thread here, where for example you started your thread there precisely because you wanted that feedback as well..." mentioned the goblin aware that an ebook that took months to write that then sold through amazon a 99cts was hardly enough incentive enough for him to step out of his anonymity here, adding "...so in answer to your question clearly I remain anonymous throughout, where the fact that I don't care about fame and fortune means that my works have no ulterior motive, so my readers pay me with their company and by way of their feedback, where copyright, embedding, is other such ploys all come across to me as so much get behind me satan or the bottom line stuff..", in fact, the goblin's readership was something by default and what it was probably because so many others had felt medusa to be worth dating and compromising to, adding "...ah but medusa just laughs aloud at them turning her suitors into dated published stone, which serves them right for stepping out of their anonymity into her full gaze ..."

Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:11 pm

(I apologize I have not been on. But, as is life, I have been busy.)

"It seems it is that time a year again...election year...to listen to the lies and false promises...I personally do not vote, for as I have said else were, it seems the next person is more corrupt then the last...jumping through loopholes...and other legal attivities...it makes me wonder why we have the law when the law makers and enforces break their own laws..."
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:09 am

("...nice to see you again..." went the goblin agreeing that if he was an american he would placed his vote for the one called "none of the above", saying "...Ron Paul was the only one willing to take on the fed and the banksters, where all the other issues are just icing on the cake of corruption, and where things are bound to get worse now...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
I'm fairly confused about this place. Do I have to behave or can I flood it with warped theology and fanatical witticisms? Can I bound through this relatively nice looking arena with an inflatable duck, chucking blossom in the air, cursing the state dressed as a nun. Or will that be frowned upon?

"...don't ask me xxxxx, I'm new here too, but I guess if I'm forgiven then you're forgiven with me now..." replied the goblin liking the forum and supporting it in his way, adding "...besides, you'll be able to repost and experiment here whereby the forum gains by nurturing its minions and whereby in return the individual gains by expanding the pooled readership, simply there has to a trade off for it to be sustainable, perhaps it's like food and loggings in exchange for entertainment then, and doesn't that make a change from being conformed or banned elsewhere..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:54 am

"...well, writing is different things to different people then..." mused the goblin smiling in his welcome now, and then continuing "...yet perhaps anyone who reads a post is a reader where to post something is to publish then...", in fact, the goblin took forum readership very seriously suspecting that the humble post was out-pacing both ebooks and blogs in its appeal now, why, because the reader became the writer by it, simply the post pulled the author out of the reader in a written conversation between posters here...", and with that the goblin handed over to xxxxx her very own invitation card to this forum's prestigious teaparty, saying "...so please accept this invitation card then, and remember too, to point out to that doorman that you are not normal, or else I fear he just won't allow you in amongst us now, why, because that which is normal is that which is not remembered..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 am

repost from elsewhere, about tomorrow's german votation

"...common-land is nobody's land, common-law is nobody's law, and a common-law wife is nobody's wife either..." started the goblin, continuing "...so, what exactly is this common market system that became the europe union that the individual member states have signed up to, and what does it actually mean if finance is something that none of them take any direct responsibility for...", in fact the goblin imagined that today being the date of 9 11, that ourdearmedia's attention would be solely upon this historical event then, moreover, that nothing about the European Financial Stability Facility or EFSR presently being replaced and enhanced by the new European Stability Mechanism or ESM behind the scenes in brussels, and whose vote upon it as either constitutional or unconstitutional by the the German Constitutional Court taking place on 9 12 would be noticed let alone mentioned by ourdearmedia, so the goblin simply shrugged it off, saying "...and of course the vote is a foregone conclusion of its acceptance perhaps, for if they don't accept the surrender of sovereignty to brussels the euro is doomed straight off, but it also means that the sovereign states cannot then back out of their commitment meaning again that basically it ties the member states ever tighter together, ever deeper into their communal debt by it, and yet the politicians together with ourdearmedia along with the rest of us too, have little wish to grab this bull by this horns, so it's a classic case of a communal problem that is nobodies problem..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:51 am

repost from elsewhere, why the goblin loves Jats's posts

Quote :
Quote :
("...whereas me, I'm going to stick it out there a bit longer as I seriously think that they are damaging their own forum by heckling us with those gay pictures and lame barbs..." ventured the goblin thinking that he might do either of two things at this point, one, he might let them come after him in the introductions section too as that puts off the newbies there, and two, he might post a little bit beyond the ramdon thread there showing no malice whatsoever suspecting that they'll just follow him across their forum in that style where it would then probably be not only the livewriters who would leave)
"...oh you can be a vengeful little bastard on the quiet..." smiles the chameleon liking the plan adding "...road to self my arse..." as Jats returns now from a client having had great fun saying I told you so then

"...no, it's just their turn to bat Jats, that's all..." replied the goblin, explaining "...we were nice and polite, we still are too, yet they choose to heckle us for all our pains, but aren't they forgetting that the forum remains their venue, where the longer they allow me to encourage them, the more ground they lose, for when it all ends, we walk away with our edited posts leaving them with a forum full of self produced filth but whose fault is that then...", so perhaps the worst trolls are not those who actually troll but those who cause trolls like tendencies in the posters already there

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:43 am

Is the microcosm reflecting the macrocosm??

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 am

("...I love your posts Ann, where I'm really enjoying my internet experience now..." went the goblin, adding "...yes it's a charade but as personas and performances go, I don't think I would have ever had so much fun, nor depth of understand, if I had been deadpan in my approach to posting...", in fact, to turn forumland into one's venue was a crazy idea but it worked because at its base nothing about oneself could be proved anyway)

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you writing" thread

"...me, I'm writing the downfall of humanity in posts mortals MYAHAHAHAHAHA.." went the goblin, continuing "...where your attention span is not what it was so those books are quite out of the question today, no, what you greedy humans actually want here is punch & judy for adults, nah you're reading this post more as someone in a conversation now, so you'll hear me out for sure but then you'll dip your grubby hands into your pockets for that little sack of 2cts coins again won't you...", no the goblin really liked humans, and compared to trolls mommies and writertypes, they seemed quite normal even

xxxx
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 am

Annie
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:46 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Hmm, you make a valid point. I mean I get why not to share or rather to share anonymously. That keeps both sides for the spectrum honest and real. Do you not have bigger literary goals for yourself though? I understand if you write because you have to. It is my passion and I have a necessary need to do so. Some others write because its simply their hobby and they hope to get lucky on the market one day. Do you have other creative avenues that you work on?

"...perhaps you've noticed that forum readership is now outpacing both ebook and blog readership..." replied the goblin, continuing "...where also it is just beyond the control and that manipulation of those publishers there, moreover, most writers with that attention firmly focused upon their bookwriting, haven't noticed that their readers are here wanting this interaction offered by livewriting or writing in posts then, so now, all you have to do is just become known by your posts xxxxx, like banski did with his graffiti, yet even today he remains both anonymous and fomous...", in fact, a few years back the goblin was the only one doing toying with this concept of livewriting, trying it out, whereas today this livewriting scene or whatever one cares to call it, is done by many, and the livewriters steal the show, adding "...perhaps if you google my usename the idea might become clearer, merely one's usernane is authorname, something like forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, where already my readership at some venues is far greater per day than some ebook or blog could have ever offered me, in short to post is publish where forum readership is for real, not that I'm trying to corrupt you or anything MYAHAHAHA..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Comedy and Games-
Jump to: