Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?

Go down 
+3
LC
alice
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? Empty
PostSubject: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 8:34 am

9/9/2013

Your opinions , Should we strike Syria ? Yes or No and why ?
                    My opinion " NO !," We don't need another war ! We are a
                    broke nation , I just read on CNN Public poll 60% American
                    Public says " NO !".  I've always believed it's up to a country
                    to get rid of their dictators, leaders, etc., we aren't the police
                    of the world, Yes what was done is horrible , it's up to the
                    Syrian people to deal with Assad, besides there's so many
                    factions involved we'd be a fool...A big fool...

Cheers.Joe...        YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 am

From what   I  know so far, I am confused, profoundly  confused.   Both  President Obama and Secretary of State Kerry were doves.

Now they are both adamant about the necessity to attack Syria.  I
don't like war and I thought they didn't' either.  I need more information.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 am

Here's your answer, Alice. These warmongers are Kerry's biggest funders. They were the biggest agitators for our involvement in Iraq, too.

Of course, you may wonder how killing more Syrians to protect them works. It doesn't. It's all about protecting Israel. But if you say that, you're anti-semetic.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/06/jewish-leaders-petition-congress-syria
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 am

It's all about a lot of things to a lot of people, depending on their source of wealth and power and according to their experiences and information resources.  I heard two very interesting comments today.  Justice O'Connor is appalled at the extent of ignorance among the people of the United States, especially on anything regarding government or foreign affairs.  The other comment was by a newscaster who said he attempted to find opinions from people who didn't have their hands out - meaning he excluded all newscasters, commentators, elected officials, government workers - administrative appointees -and he was left with few people whose income did not rely in some way on "saying the right thing" or "having the right opinion" or simply shooting off their mouths about the Syria situation.

I find it difficult to lay "blame" on any one person since they all rely on someone else for information.  They did not grow up in Syria or live generations in the tribal cultures of the Middle East where the value of human life is seen from a different perspective. 

When two people in this country of opposing political views cannot debate without it disintegrating to name-calling and hate-mongering because they lose their facts and are reduced to the lowest level of communication, how can our politicians accomplish diplomacy with nations so out of sync with the mindset of western cultures?

Therefore, I believe and repeat that the United Nations and the Arab League and the other international organizations need to weigh in and decide whether they want chemical weapons as part of warfare and if not, what consequences they wish to employ that fits into the mindset of the Middle East.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 am

9/9/2013

Let the middle east handle it's own affairs ! This country is tired of War !
                  Any politician who votes yes, should loose their seats next year 2014..

Cheers....Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 pm

I believe that every person in Syria that wanted out could be moved by the governments of the world and dispersed worldwide at less expense in life and money than any war.  I consider it an option. 
Once the people are removed, let the bastard rule himself and his cohorts.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Did anyone watch World News Tonight?
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-strike-absolutely-hold-syria-abandons-chemical-weapons/story?id=20205109

Quote :
If Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gives up his chemical weapons, a military strike would "absolutely" be on pause, President Obama said today.
"I consider this a modestly positive development," Obama told ABC News' Diane Sawyer in an interview at the White House when asked whether Syria's apparent willingness to relinquish control of its chemical weapons would prevent a U.S. strike.
"Let's see if we can come up with language that avoids a strike but accomplishes our key goals to make sure that these chemical weapons are not used," the president said.
Obama's comments come after the Russian foreign minister suggested today that Syria could avoid a U.S. attack by turning over its chemical weapons stockpiles over to international control and destroying them, a proposal the Syrian government "welcomed."
Obama said that Secretary of State John Kerry would pursue the proposal with Russia, an ally of Syria.
But at the same time, Obama said that a potential diplomatic resolution doesn't mean that Congress should withdraw the threat of military action.
"I don't think we would have gotten to this point unless we had maintained a credible possibility for a military strike and I don't think now is the time for us to let up on that," Obama said.

It was reported that Putin and Obama had "talked in a corner during the summit.  There may well have been a connection to the fact that earlier today, news was released that Putin had convinced Assad to consider turning over his chemical weapons:

Quote :
Syria today "welcomed" an offer by Russia to put its chemical weapons arsenal under international control so that they could eventually be destroyed.
The U.S. State Department said it would take a "hard look" at the Russian proposal, but quickly added it was "skeptical" that Syria would follow through.
President Obama told ABC News anchor Diane Sawyer that the Syrian reaction was a "modestly positive development" and a military strike would "absolutely" be on pause if Syria's chemical weapons were put in the hands of an international body.
Syria's statement came very quickly after the proposal was made by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in what he said was an attempt to avoid a U.S.-led strike on Syria.
"We call on the Syrian leadership not only agree on a statement of storage of chemical weapons under international control, but also its subsequent destruction, as well as about the full accession to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons," Lavrov said in a statement to reporters.
"We will immediately join the work with Damascus if establishing international control over chemical weapons in that country helps prevent attacks," Lavrov continued.
Syria's Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem, who met with Lavrov in Moscow earlier in the day, responded almost immediately.
"The Syrian Arab Republic welcomed the Russian initiative, based on the concerns of the Russian leadership for the lives of our citizens and the security of our country," Muallem told reporters, according to Russia's Interfax news agency.
The proposal also received quick support from United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and British Prime Minister David Cameron.
"We'll take a step back, and we'll look at the Russian statement. We'll see what details lie behind it. But at this point, of course, we have serious skepticism because of everything Assad has done in the course of the last several years on chemical weapons," State Department Deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters.
Lavrov's comments came after Secretary of State John Kerry suggested earlier in the day that if Syria gave up its chemical weapons by the end of the week an attack could be avoided.
"He could turn over every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community in the next week. Turn it over, all of it, without delay and allow a full and total accounting," Kerry told reporters during a press conference in London with his British counterpart.
So much has been happening today.  Putin has encouraged Syria to put its chemical weapons aresnal under international control, and it looks like it could very well happen.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/syria-welcomed-russian-proposal-destroy-chemical-weapons/story?id=20198655

Had Obama and Kerry not pushed for intervention, This new development might not have happened.

Last edited by alj on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 4:33 pm

9/9/2013

I'll believe Assad when the cow jumps over the moon, dictators lie !

Cheers..Joe........Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 5:57 pm

9/9/2013

Thank God the American public is wise to this scam to hit Syria,
                 last poll I read 91% of the public is against us attacking Syria !
                 This govt. is nuts , they don't understand the factions involved.

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Interesting development.  Not rushing into a fight gives pause for thought and alternatives.  I applaud Russia for finding a possible solution.  This gave them an opportunity to show another face, even if is political.  I wonder what our response would have been if Israel had used chemical weapons on the Palestinians.  Would we have rushed to bomb or take time to consider alternatives?  We are so concerned about what weapons are used to kill, but fail to stop the killing.
With every adversity there is a benefit.  Should this latest proposal for a solution with Syria work, perhaps it can then be used with Israel and Iran.  Do you think either country will cooperate with such a move?
I am not surprised that the Republicans were against a Syrian strike since it was proposed by Obama.  The American people as well as people around the world spoke out and opposed a strike that would lead to another war.  Demonstrations against war made a statement and the people’s voice was heard.
Although the plan has not yet to be implemented, at least there is movement for a peaceful solution. 
The lyrics of “Give peace a chance” may be good to read and the song played.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 5:47 am

Quote :
I wonder what our response would have been if Israel had used chemical weapons on the Palestinians.
The Israelis drop white phosphorous on them. Our reaction is ...nothing.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 8:22 am

9/10/2013

I think Russia's Putin has a motive ? I don't trust him either.
                      Why didn't they say he had to stop killing his people and have
                      a sit down with the opposition , yeah right , dictators never give
                      up even when they face a firing squad...

Cheers..Joe..        YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? 925501
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 am

LC.  I forgot about the white phosphorous.  There so many other things that were and are being ignored.
I was thinking recently about the Native Americans and how the plight of the Palestinians are similar.
In America, the settlers took land, and when they were attacked by the natives, they called in the military to put them down.  The American holocaust is not talked about.  The Israelis build settlements at the same time they say they want peace.  Talking peace when initiating provocations have become a standard tactic. 
The history of the cause and the continued problems in Palestine is on record.  Not many are interested enough to learn about it.  I suppose the attitude is either "why should I care or what can I do about it?"  We are faced with the problem of what can we do at home and the consensus is usually that we can express our views.  Of course to express a negative view about Israel is usually called "anti-semetic".  Nice to have a word that inhibits truth.  At one time I didn't say anything, especially when I was still working to make a living.  Now that I'm old and don't give a damn, I will say what I think.  And what I have just written are my current thoughts.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 11:06 am

This is one of those wars of original birthrights - it goes back before written times - I think to the ancient gods
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 11:13 am

If Israel can make a claim for ancient birth rights, then the Native Americans should do the same.  If one studies those so-called ancient birth rights, you will find that they are not rights, but religious beliefs/doctrine.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 11:41 am

When I lived in Germany in the 1970's there was a lot of German research on the plight of the American Indians.  I often felt it was a guilt way to show that we had a heinous past also.  I was in a German book club and we read several books about the destruction of American Indians.  The horror stories were sickening.  There were many tribes of Indians, certainly, just as the world was mostly tribal (some countries still) and all behaved in different ways and many fought against each other.  However, their wars were fair for their culture and point in evolution.  Settlers truly destroyed their land - their land - as far as they could travel.

I drove across Oklahoma one time and swore I saw ghosts of Indian tribes riding horseback across the land.  I had been driving a long time...
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 am

http://www.jpost.com/National-News/South-Tel-Aviv-to-invest-in-project-to-enhance-areas-Jewish-character-325792

Wow. Just wow. Can you IMAGINE if that was done here?

And people don't think Israel is a racist, apartheid state? Why is "multiculturalism" (read: 3rd world colonization) for thee but not for me?

Of course, when you ask, you'll get deflection (like stories about the Native Americans) or get called a ...oh, never mind.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 am

9/11/2013

While driving back home this morning I heard the USA's plan is
                      to wait till Syria gives up it's weapons of Mass Destruction, then
                     hit them with missles ? It wouldn't surprise me, I don't trust
                    Washington, they all lie, their looking for another war.

Joe........        YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? 925501
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:46 am

Who said that?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:28 pm

9/11/2013

Our local talk radio show , many people called in and said
                     they don't trust the govt., because their looking to get into
                     another war , I don't trust them either, especially Putin now
                     he's running the show...

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm

The U.S. needs to let go of it's belief that we must be in charge of decisions.  Let Russia handle Assad.  They have a better understanding of the tribal mentality than we do.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:45 pm

9/11/2013

Let's sit back and see if Putin has the brass you know what to get Assad
                     to hand them over, I don't trust dictators who murder their people.

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Then let others deal with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?           YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ? Empty

Back to top Go down

YOUR OPINION ? SYRIA YES OR NO ? And Why ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: