Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I don't Understand

Go down 
+3
joefrank
LC
alice
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 am

We are not to question a trial--It is the final word.

An African American woman was just locked away for 20 years for firing warning shots in the air to scare off her would be attacker.  She had a restraining order against him.    Where were her stand your ground rights?

This occurred in Florida.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 am

I don't understand why the agitators in the streets aren't protesting that. Maybe because it's black-on-black crime and not (fake) white-on-black crime? No $ or publicity benefits in it for the grievance industry.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:48 am

I don't understand why, with dozens of blacks getting shot and killed in Chicago each weekend, this trial got so much attention and three people dead in a plane crash got so much attention. Is the grievance industry racist? (rhetorical question)

http://crimeinchicago.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:51 am

I don't understand why knockout king and polar bear hunting gets so little media attention. You don't know what they are? That's my point. Google it.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 am

I don't understand why Al Sharpton has a TV show or why anyone watches MSNBC.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:54 am

I don't understand why no one is looking for justice for Darryl Green.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/14/17-year-old-Darryl-Green
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 am

7/14/2013

I don't understand either ? I do think it's a racial issue, iof it's black
                       attacking black then it's not news if it's white against black all hell
                       breaks loose !

Cheers..Joe..I don't Understand 634186
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Today was a holiday in France celebrating Bastille Day, celebrating the fall of the Bastille prison on 14 July 1789 that was the start of the French revolution. 
What does it take to start a revolution?  I think any event where people get fed up can be the spark.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Why revolt?  No system is perfect.  We could have worse.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:20 pm

I don't think most people are "fed up" with this incident, though. All the celebs tweeting their disgust -what exactly did they do to help the Martin case out? Donate money? Speak on behalf? What? They are Tweeting for Trayvon because it's the "cool" thing to do.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Tray Von is dead. 
The celebs cannot bring him back.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am

Quote :
An African American woman was just locked away for 20 years for firing warning shots in the air to scare off her would be attacker.  She had a restraining order against him.    Where were her stand your ground rights?

A simple google brings up newsites that discuss this case. Its facts aren't anything like your description or like the Zimmerman case.
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 am

To the man with a hammer the whole world is a nail. This case, a tragedy in which a young man lost his life, has been mischaracterized from the beginning by the media and used by all the usual suspects as an incident about race. The facts do not bear that out. The media--and the White House--does not care about that. A tragedy that would have been carried on the first page of ONLY the local newspaper were both men white, or black, or oriental, or anything else but "black" and "white" (and even one of these labels is manufactured as Zimemrman is Hispanic of apparent mixed race) is transformed into a classic "black victim" of "white racism." The inconvenient truth that the facts do not bear out that characterization is ignored as potential riots in inner cities (all but goaded on by the media) make for much better drama. And, oh, yes, let's not forget the gun angle--the media certainly did not.

Here's a newsflash--and I've purposely held my tongue through all of this on this board and elsewhere. This case was not about Florida's "stand your ground" law and it was certainly not about racism. Zimmerman lived in a mixed race neighborhood with significant criminal activity and broke no law in his role as a neighborhood watch member in following someone he believed to be acting suspiciously by cutting through alleys. Trevon may have been annoyed and unhappy about Zimmerman's motives in approaching him. That did not give him the legal or moral right to use violence against him. Here's another inconvenient truth: stand your ground is irrelevant in this case and was raised simply to confuse the jury by a prosecution team with no facts to make its case. There is NO DUTY TO TRY TO ESCAPE and every right to use deadly force when someone is straddling you, preventing you from getting up, has already broken your nose with their first punch, and is slamming your head on the cement. The suggestion that, under these facts (as the jury apparently determined them), Zimmerman would not be justified to fear for his life even in Manhattan or San Francisco is A-B-S-U-R-D.

But that too is an inconvenient truth for our embattled attorney general who is now making an issue about the need to repeal "stand your ground" laws as though that is what caused this tragedy to occur. And, of course, guns are an issue, so states should further restrict the ability of law-abiding citizens to own and carry them, because as this tragedy shows us, that is also at the root cause of the problem. (People who have their noses broken, and their skulls repeatedly pounded on the pavement, by aggressors should only be able to ask them very respectfully to please stop such activities.)

The only indication of racism in this case that I heard while listening to the testimony in this trial is the term "cracker" being used to describe the supposedly racist Zimmerman. But, of course, because the term was used by a black woman who denied it having a racial connotation, it is just a descriptive term. Really? When did we go down that rabbit hole? Sorry, wrong allusion, as we're obviously in Oz with Holder and the Prez telling us to ignore the goings on behind the curtain and to take on faith that this case is about race, that it shows "stand your ground" laws in some thirty states must be repealed, and that guns are the problem here. If I had any respect left for our attorney general, I'd certainly lose it here, but that ship has sailed.

I am 5'9" tall and if anything is worse shape than Zimmerman. If a 17-year-old guy without legal cause breaks my nose and straddles me punching and grinding my head on the pavement I would absolutely shoot him too. No jury would convict me in any state under those facts with or without "stand your ground" as it just does not apply to the facts other than in the Twilight Zone. So why is this a travesty? I know racism exists--in both whites and blacks (and orientals, and hispanics, and . . .). It has not been eradicated and, alas, is not likely to be in my lifetime. But manufacturing racism for a political purpose is as reprehensible as the racism itself. And both blaming or excusing the action of any person or group because of race is also racist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 am

How will you get your concealed weapon out?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:52 am

7/17/2013

This situation has gotten so out of hand, to me it was an incident that should
                       never have happened, I don't believe it was racial, I do believe he shouldn't
                       have had a gun , my reason is I lost a brother 26 yrs ago to a gun accident.
                       I can't stand the race baiters ( Al SHarpton, Jesse Jackson, Black Congresswomen)
                       who throw lighter fluid on the situation to make it combustable , if this continues
                       then we're in for some shocking riots, Eric Holder is another race baiter, I'm sure
                       the white house loves this is staying in the front pages while other scandals are
                       shoved in the background......I say these people need to get a life !!

Cheers..Joe...I don't Understand 634186
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:58 am

If Zimmerman had been without a gun, he  would never have left the safety of his vehicle.
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:27 pm

This is all  a very sensitive subject for me. The one juror that spoke out said some very telling things. She said she felt sorry for Trayvon's friend that had been on the phone with him and didn't think she was credible and used the term in their world and said she didn't any kind of impression for Trayvon as a person. If this juror or the other couldn't place their child, niece or nephew as the kid being followed by an armed man for no reason (except in Zimmerman's mind) when they were coming home from the store and ended up dead and gauge what their their own reaction would be, then we had a problem in the courtroom. The dead person can't speak and if because you can't relate to them personally caused you to maybe not give the proper light to the situation of the deceased, I had an issue with her stance. It felt like Zimmerman was the one stalked with a gun in the mind of some.

What are people being taught to do if confronted with an unknown assailant with a gun, fight, bite, scratch use what every means you can to disable that person. After Sandy Hook how many of us saw teachers, et al being given classes by security experts on how to fight back, so Trayvon fought back and was killed by an unknown with a gun. We have a problem.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 pm

DT,

Thank you.  I hear you loud and clear.  There is not enough mingling of whites and blacks in America. We were lucky. 
Our kids went to a multi-racial school and we had them all in our home.  If one had been killed in this manner it would have been terrifying to us.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:00 pm

7/17/2013

When I grew up in the late 1950's to mid 1960's we didn't look at color
                  because my step-father was black, one of the most nicest men you wanted
                  to know, he married my mother with 5 children, I remember when I was 9
                  before they got married he took me to the candy store and in the street he
                  asked me ( I guess because I was the oldest,) " Do you mind if I marry your
                  mother ? , I said No. " I have never forgotten that, I still miss him he died
                  5 years after my mother in 1995 at age 78......He's the only father I knew
                  because my dad died when I was 7.......Dad ( Douglas Gerard) I miss you !

Cheers..Joe...I don't Understand 925501
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm

7/17/2013

My Mom And Dad....late 1950's

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy 

I don't Understand File110
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:44 pm

My mom was from Mississippi.  Enough said.  My dad was a union man and an entertainer who worked side by side with anyone willing to do the work or play the musical instrument.  He taught me to respect people for their character and not pay attention to anything else.  I grew up in a mixed high school and I dated several black men just because we were all out together dancing and having a great time.  I did keep that fact a secret from my mom.  My gram asked me not to be picked up at her house but to meet my date at the night club so her neighbors wouldn't talk.  I did not live in a bubble.

I taught at an inner city school where the black teacher in the room next to me helped me a lot and we became friends.  He took me to a party where I was the only white person and in the ladies room a couple young women had it out with me for stepping in their territory, couldn't I find someone of my own color.  They were teachers, too.  My job ended and so did my friendship.

We all have a multitude of good and bad experiences associated with people we can identify - that's the key word - identify - as "different."  When, in realty we create those differences.  The creation is a powerful thing that puts blinders on our thinking processes.  We believe we have all the facts for one belief system, yet we are as wrong as can be.

I am sure those poor jurors struggled. In the end, they could have no doubt if they punished Zimmerman.  The whole trial was keyed to doubts.  They could not say they had no doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Alice,

The question is not how I would get my gun out, but whether I would have the right to use it in self defense assuming that I could. No question about that under the circumstances described in any state with or without stand your ground rules. In the minority of states that require a person to attempt to withdraw prior to using deadly force in self defense, where it is feasible, there is no such duty for someone cornered or pinned down and being subjected to severe bodily harm. And, by the by, if the gun were illegally used in, say, NYC, it could still be used in self defense though the illegal gun owner would then be subject to a conviction for illegal gun possession (mandatory one year if memory serves in NYC). So the argument is false, made only for political reasons and our attorney general who is a very bright man and was an exceptional prosecutor in his day, KNOWS THAT! he is making a fallacious point for political reasons and has absolutely NO BUSINESS AND NO AUTHORITY dictating to the states what they should do. None. Zero. Zilch Nada. But it placates the base and keeps him from doing his job--like, perhaps, prosecuting IRS employees and anyone else who aided and abetted the illegal targeting conservatives in clear violation of federal and state laws and every ethical standard everywhere in the known universe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Here is where I see the rubber meeting the road. Self defense is fine and expected, but the slippery slope we have with Zimmerman is that he caused the confrontation by being there to begin with when told not to. He had no legal authority over another person and the other person didn't know why he was there bothering him. So both individuals try to defend themselves with 1 of them trying go go home before being interfered with. Now self defense comes in after the fact that a fight started that never should have happened if not for Zimmerman following Martin. The person on the phone with Martin said she heard Trayvon say get off, get off. If Zimmerman provoked a fight to cause him to be able to use deadly force that only he had and knew he had before approaching Trayvon, then we have a loophole for excusable intentional killing because anyone can recreate what happened there if everything that led up to causing the dead person to strike first does not matter. How many people here, if they are walking home will agree to be detained by a stranger at night in your own neighborhood? Yes the jury spoke, but something stinks about what happened because to be honest Zimmerman had a delusional mind, because everything he thought he knew about why Trayvon Martin was there was only in his imagination.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Victor,

My  point is that Zimmerman had already drawn his gun. He did not wait  until his life was in danger. 
He should have not gotten out of his car and pursued Martin.  He was a creepy creep.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 pm

7/17/2013

I just read about this case tonight, it broke my heart !
                                               Joe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/dejon-ward-killers_n_3612538.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D345347
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I don't Understand Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't Understand   I don't Understand Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't Understand
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next