Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Dirty Politics

Go down 
+4
Malcolm
Dick Stodghill
zadaconnaway
Abe F. March
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 am

Dirty politics - Candidates willing to do or say anything to get the job.
Trying to get ahead by making the opponents look bad. Either someone is worthy and capable or he/she is not. The voters usually wind up voting for the best of the worst unless they are strictly party-line voters.

Obama is portrayed as a Muslim, as someone with no experience, as someone who will bring European ideas to America. He is also painted as an “Anti-Christ.” He gets no credit for intelligence.

McCain is portrayed by fellow war prisoners as someone who will do or say anything for his personal benefit. He is said to act irrationally and place others at risk and to act tough. He is said to be forgetful and must rely on others as prompters. and someone who doesn’t understand economics.

Palin is said to have been associated with an organization that sought to separate Alaska from the United States. She is portrayed as a person with the mentality of running a PTA. Being a heartbeat away from filling the
shoes of the most powerful nation on earth is causing much anxiety about the health of McCain.

The least dirt, so far, is with the candidacy of Biden as VP. It is said that he would be too overpowering as a VP with Obama.

I suppose we can expect to hear most anything in the next few months, all intended to sway votes. The ability to look at the person, evaluate his/her ability to act responsibly, is important. Our integrity as a nation is at stake. Can we regain the world respect we once had? Can our economy regain the
strength it once had? Will we work for peace in the world or create more animosity. There is much at stake and our votes will count.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:00 am

I agree Abe. The media will promote any side that slings sensational dirt, and there is evidently enough to go around. I try not to listen, and be swayed by hysteria. When it comes down to the wire, I will be more attentive, and hopefully the rhetoric wil be more truthful and less emotional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 5:44 am

Few things are as filthy as an American political campaign. As American voters are not known for their intellect, I really believe the United States in the 21st century has become the most dangerous country in the world. A confrontational attitude usually leads to a fight. The way things are going we may get one that is a little more than we bargained for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:30 am

Uh oh, a political discussion. Hmm, this looks dangerous to me. I think I'll keep my mouth shut and sneak over to a safer part of the forum.
Dirty Politics 594595
Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:20 am

What has me confused ... is why all the McCain supporters seemed to go on and on about Obama's lack of experience.

And then when Palin was nominated these same McCain supporters, when the question of HER experience (since she could potentially be top dog one day) was brought up, claimed that: uh, well, NO ONE really can have all the needed experience when they get into office. So much is learned on the job.

confused

Speaking of Dogs, I think I'll vote for RinTinTin. Nothing smarter, more loyal, and resourceful than a German Shepherd!!
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:45 am

I agree with Malcolm about political discussions, but isn't "dirty politics" redundant?
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 7:08 am

It is, Brew, it is.
The thing that scares me is Sarah Palin's interest in banning books. That should scare anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:23 pm

Just when we were up to our eyeballs in the American election (I love you guys, but that coverage is way over the top), the Canadian's have decided to go to the polls in October.

Television for fall is looking pretty bleak with election coverage on 29 of 25 channels...guess that means there's plenty of opportunity for me to get work done!
Dirty Politics 748523 Dirty Politics 614331
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:00 pm

The one thing politics reminds me of is a swarm of biting insects. It seems like we get the same thing election after election. Polititions attacking one another and making empty promises as they compete for votes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dirty Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Politics   Dirty Politics Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirty Politics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Current Events-
Jump to: