Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Published Author's Prayer

Go down 
+4
LC
alice
Shelagh
Abe F. March
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Seems to me the paranoia lies with those gathering and interpreting the data.

Now, That's scary   affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:05 pm

There is no easy solution.  As diverse as our country is, opinions are just as diverse.  We saw that with the election process.  Religion still plays a huge role in politics and that extends to our private lives.  IMO there is no solution that would satisfy everyone.  We can ascertain that by the comments on this thread. 

To worry about anything when there is no action we can take to solve the problem/concerns is futile.
We pray, we complain and we get frustrated.  That is a choice we make.  To live a life with fear is not the kind of life I want.  If anyone wants information about me, they will find it. Trying to hide, whatever it is we want to hide is a waste of time.

Recognize that the information age is here.  Information about every or anything is available.  Google it.  "To thine own self be true."  We have an outer and inner self (authenticity).  Which is preferred?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 2:18 am

Attempting to apply old paradigm logic in a new paradigm world is like pouring old wine into new wineskins.

Who has the greater fear? Is it the individual whose life is being scrutinized or the institutions doing the scrutinizing?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:21 am

alj wrote:
Attempting to apply old paradigm logic in a new paradigm world is like pouring old wine into new wineskins.

Who has the greater fear? Is it the individual whose life is being scrutinized or the institutions doing the scrutinizing?

What do you fear? 
Paradigms, Logic or Scrutinization. 

This is getting nutty.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 am

WHAT IF?  What if is nuts.  God helps us with what is, not what if.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 am

You should all read The Power of Persuasion. Beth is being watched ... but who is doing the watching?
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:36 am

Abe is right in my sight.  We could be in an ideal situation and ruin it by being afraid. 

Remember the story of the girl about to marry who saw an axe in the wall and freaked out?
She was crying and in total fits--what iffing.  What if the axe fell down and cut off some one's head?
On and on she went.  Finally her husband- to- be said,  "Enough I am going to look over the entire world
and see if I can find anything this silly. 

There is never an answer for what if? 
Fear wrecks everything.  Enjoy the moment.
I refuse to worry about anything!

You want to freak  out?  Be my guest.  Enjoy your misery.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:31 am

What Alice said.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 am

I'm not sure why you are equating being knowledgeable and aware of what's going on as fear and freaking out. Do you lock your doors at night or when you leave the house? If so, why? Why are you cowering in fear behind a locked door or creating a fortress when you leave? What are you freaking out about?

Last edited by LC on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 am

Abe F. March wrote:
alj wrote:

What do you fear? 
Paradigms, Logic or Scrutinization. 

This is getting nutty.

I am not the one who is afraid. I accept the fact that security is an illusion. I am disturbed by the paranoid abuse of power, but not frightened. I enjoy a good discussion and tend to say what I think, but I am not threatened by those who do not agree with me. Once I say what I needed to say, I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:05 am

LC wrote:
I'm not sure why you are equating being knowledgeable and aware of what's going on as fear and freaking out. Do you lock your doors at night or when you leave the house? If so, why? Why are you cowering in fear behind a locked door or creating a fortress when you leave? What are you freaking out about?
I'm not sure for whom you post was directed, but where I live we have no need to lock our doors.  We don't create a fortress and are not freaking out.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:46 am

Do you think that people who DO lock their doors are freaking out and living in fear?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:57 am

LC, you made the remark about freaking out.  Perhaps you can answer that question.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 am

No, Alice did. She implied that anyone concerned about govt collecting our emails, phone calls and everything else is freaking out and living in misery.

Quote :
There is never an answer for what if? 
Fear wrecks everything.  Enjoy the moment.
I refuse to worry about anything!

You want to freak  out?  Be my guest.  Enjoy your misery.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:04 am

Sorry, LC.  I referenced your post and quote.
As for Alice, I can't see her freaking out over anything.  Perhaps she can provide some insight about her comment.

As for security and locked doors, keep in mind that a lock is a delaying device - nothing more.  Anyone who wants to break in will do so with our without a lock.  In my opinion, if anyone wants what I have and are willing to break the law to get it, they can have it.  Material things can be replaced.  If they truly need what I have, they have only to ask.  The key point is need - not want.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:07 am

The quote says exactly what I mean.  I stand by it.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:17 am

Laughing Sorry. friend Alice, but I am just trying to imagine myself freaking out and living in fear. Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 798629
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:29 pm

My post was not directed to you, Ann.  It is for  anyone, anywhere who wishes to freak out and be afraid and "what if."
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:46 pm

I hear you. I also believe that the biggest "what-if-ers" are the agencies doing the collecting.

The reality is somehow being turned on the potential victims by the perps.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Got it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Published Author's Prayer   Published Author's Prayer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Published Author's Prayer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2