Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:23 am

My new book Ratchet Woman cracked the top 100 in the Kindle Free store and got some great reviews. It's not money, but it is good exposure and we will see what happens when it goes to paid. I'm excited that it is high on the two genre lists that it is included.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00COSW6JY

• Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

#80 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)

• #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American > Urban

• #8 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction
    Customer Reviews

4.3 out of 5 stars (3)

5 star 1
    4 star 2
    3 star 0
    2 star 0
    1 star 0

See all 3 customer reviews

Share your thoughts with other customers

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    4.0 out of 5 stars

I underestimated this book

May 11, 2013

By Cambria Nickens

Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

This book had me captivated from start to finish. the story line was
    interesting and the characters were realistic. I would have have this
    book 5 out of 5 stars but it lacked imagination in the writing. Besides
    that it was a great book.

Comment

Was this review helpful to you?

5.0 out of 5 stars

Ratchet woman

May 11, 2013

By Alisha

Format:Kindle Edition

I absolutely loved this book!!! This is a 10 star book!!!! The author
    kept me interested throughout the whole book. I liked the book so much
    because it wasn't a far fetched story and I loved Lindsay & her
    BFF's relationship.

Comment

4.0 out of 5 stars

Entertaning Read!

May 11, 2013

By Angela Logan

Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

I truly enjoyed this book amid a few grammatical errors. This was
    about the life of two women who started out as very young girls and
    became very beautiful women. I would say they went through hell to get
    to get where there were. The only concerns I had was the title of the
    book. There was nothing ratchet about these 2 woman. The things they
    did though I don't quite agree with they did it in the name of survival
    and to take care of their kids. As a women I couldn't say it wouldn't
    do what they did to make ends meet. My other concern was that the
    author did not develop Tameka more. Very little was said about her and
    her situation. Over all this was a excellent read.

Comment

See all 3 customer reviews (newest first)

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:18 am

Good for you, DT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:38 am

Congratulations, DT.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:13 am

The reviews sure went around the block, didn't they? I do think the mention of errors is a message, though, even though it may seem insignificant. Since your story lines are very well appreciated, you may want to be certain there are no errors since you are your own publisher. Just a thought.

I think you really did well with the promotion and may have attracted an audience for your books in general based on the reviews. I hope so!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyMon May 13, 2013 11:21 am

5/13/2013
DT...
" congratulations !"
Cheers Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:09 pm

I think one of the advantages of the free promo is that it gives a shakedown of the book from readers. I'll accept the few grammatical errors remark in the review given the strong positive storyline reaction. The great thing about ebooks is the ability to do minor error corrections quickly and those have been addressed before it goes to paid status.

Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:12 pm

dkchristi wrote:
The reviews sure went around the block, didn't they? I do think the mention of errors is a message, though, even though it may seem insignificant. Since your story lines are very well appreciated, you may want to be certain there are no errors since you are your own publisher. Just a thought.

I think you really did well with the promotion and may have attracted an audience for your books in general based on the reviews. I hope so!

The review which mentioned grammatical errors had a few of its own.
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:29 am

I stopped the free promo at 8,400 units downloaded and two hours later got the first paid sale. It topped out at #25 in the free top 100 when I ended the promo. I will see if there is any carryover. I have had both good and bad experiences with free promos. So far this one has been good.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:55 am

Alice, I noticed that. I make errors in these posts that I should correct, too. However, in my books, you will have to look very hard to find any mistakes. The keyboard I am using has sticking keys - I poured a coke on it a while ago....
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:31 pm

DK,

I was not speaking of your post. I was speaking of the review.
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:24 pm

You know as independent authors I think we do the best we can on editing with the time and resources we can devote to it while trying to make a living. I have corrected the few errors I've found and uploaded revised contents. In writing and proofing 70,000 words without an editing department, I was bound to miss something, but it apparently didn't take away from the impact it had on readers. So far as of the writing of this post the 7 reviews so far are 3 5-star reviews and 4 4-star reviews and yes some mention a few errors.

Ratchet Woman Review Link

I am a little taken aback by some of the comments such as "Wow" and "Greatness" form the reviewers. I thought I wrote a good story, but when you write something and know everything about it, it doesn't hit you the way it does a first time reader. I'm happy that readers like the book and hope they recommend it to others.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm

DT - In no way am I being critical. I just know that errors strike some people (me in particular) more than others. I know I type errors here.

I tried to post a list of what the vanity presses charge to edit - and they miss errors! They charge between one and three thousand dollars for a 250 to 300 word manuscript, 333 words per page. That's a lot from an independent publisher budget.

Publish America did a fantastic job for me in 2006. Therefore, Arirang had rarely an error if any. It was amazing because so many PA books were horrid with errors.

L & L Dreamspell has excellent editors, so no errors (well, one is up for debate) appeared in Ghost Orchid - an advantage of a small press over a vanity or self-publishing press.

Mostly, you are to be congratulated on the great reviews and the overwhelming success of this promotion in exposure and downloads. My promotion had 206 downloads. Obvioiusly, you did something right and I did something wrong :-)
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm

P.S. There's a typo in my post and I'm too tired to fix it. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews   Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Ratchet Woman cracks Top 100 Kindle Free & Reviews
Page 1 of 1