Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Sweet Baby Crane

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Sweet Baby Crane Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Baby Crane   Sweet Baby Crane EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Every year, Sandy and Sandra Crane (the Sandhill Crane couple) bless us with their new baby. They nest in Lester's field, which is over the road, a wild and untamed place where there is a stream and a pond. Just perfect for the business of hatching eggs. Last year, they were proud to show us that they had hatched twins. This morning, Sandy and Sandra Crane brought the new baby to feed with them at the bird feeders. I will try to post a picture when I can get one that you can see the baby. Meanwhile, in honor ot the event, I am posting part of the story of Sandy and Sandra Crane for your enjoyment. (Amazon informed me that I cannot post on this site or any other site the full story or they would have to remove me from KDP). So here is the beginning of the story which will be free on Amazon tomorrow.

SANDY AND SANDRA CRANE
Behind Pogo’s new house, behind the fence and a little way beyond, was a big vacant field that turned into a smooth, beautiful, shallow lake after a big rain. There were no trees but there was a lot of tall weeds, and plenty of water to wade in. There were also places of higher, drier, ground to make a nice, dry nest. It was the perfect place. Sandy and Sandra Crane had looked for just such a place, high and low, and over many, many miles, so that they might make a nest and raise a family.

When Sandy saw it, he said to Sandra, “Look down there! That looks perfect, don’t you think?”

Sandra thought that if Sandy thought so, it must be the best place in the world. She loved him very much. “I do believe you are right!” she said. “Let’s go down and have a look around!”

They circled twice, and landed ever so gently, right in the middle of the field. They walked around the whole field. It looked like a good place to raise the family. The water was good, and the food seemed to be everywhere, and there was enough space to see anyone coming. There was a lot of other birds around, which was always a good sign. They would stay the night and see what the other birds had to say in the morning. Meanwhile, there was dinner to eat and some sleep to be slept. First, to find some dinner.

Sandra Crane overheard the Jays telling about the Birds Restaurant. Her heart began to long to see this special place. She had never seen a bird restaurant in her life. Always, she and Sandy had scavenged for dinner, as all their Sandhill Crane relatives had before them. It sounded too good to be true. But, when the Robins and the Cardinals began describing what wonderful foods were on the menu, she knew that she and Sandy had to go that very night.

“We all get dressed up,” said Varla Cardinal, “and wash our beaks and feet and preen every feather.”

“Oh, yes!” interrupted one of the Robins, “It is different every night! Sometimes, a Parakeet sings to us while we dine, and sometimes the Cat does special tricks! But our favorite is when the little dog comes out and plays ‘chase’ with us. It is all very, very, exciting!”

Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Sweet Baby Crane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Baby Crane   Sweet Baby Crane EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 pm

A magical field; a safe haven. Wooffer's mom must be nearby.

Annie
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Sweet Baby Crane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Baby Crane   Sweet Baby Crane EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:59 pm

You know, Ann, my grand-daughter has encouraged her son, Ayden, now 9 years old, to do book reports at school about the Wooffer Stories. She said that he ask her how Nana, (that's me) could talk to animals and understand what they said. She told him "Nana is magical, she has always been that way." What higher praise is there?

Ayden was out here last week end. What a beautiful spirit he has.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Sweet Baby Crane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Baby Crane   Sweet Baby Crane EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Betty,

You have a gift!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Sweet Baby Crane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Baby Crane   Sweet Baby Crane EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Alice,

I just listen to their voices. The animals are gifts to this world.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Sweet Baby Crane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Baby Crane   Sweet Baby Crane EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Animals have a better life with people like you, Betty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet Baby Crane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Baby Crane   Sweet Baby Crane Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet Baby Crane
Page 1 of 1