Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Your greatest Fear

Go down 
+3
alj
joefrank
Abe F. March
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:22 pm

What is
your greatest fear? Is it a condition/situation,
a thing or what?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:37 pm

2/16/2013
Abe..
I have a severe fear of heights ! How I got it I don't know,
I've asked no one has the answer?
Cheers...Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 am

Last night I had an old, recurrent dream return. I had left my purse somewhere and could not find it. As I was searching, I felt like I was invisible to the other people milling around.

I seem to have this dream at specific times, or under specific circumstances.

Quote :
When we interpret dreams, we need to remember they are more symbolic than literal. Purses are filled with everything from makeup to money. They represent your responsibility, your destiny, and the things that are valuable to you. Makeup can have to do with “foundational” issues (foundation=makeup) issues or personal identity. We also carry our identification in our purses or wallets; therefore, many times it represents our identity.[/b]

Wallets and purses are also where we keep our money. Money symbolically can represent favor. Favor means being shown goodwill, kindness, or preferential treatment.

To dream of losing your purse or wallet or in search of your purse or wallet can indicate that the dreamer is having difficulty finding their purpose in life or in a specific area of their life. Or perhaps the dreamer is in search of their identity or their purpose in life.

Losing a purse or wallet may also represent that the dreamer may have lost favor or they are hoping to find favor. Be cautious interpreting this scenario as favor unless there are issues or concerns about money involved in the dream. Money is the key indicator relating to favor. http://www.intimatepassage.com/dreams-of-losing-a-purse-or-wallet.html

I remember several journal entries I have written in the past, and they concur with the above interpretation in many ways.

Sometimes, we come to points in our lives where the old "stuff" just doesn't fit in with where we are going in our lives. Our old identities are in a process of evolving - new purposes, new "faces," new means for achieving those developing ideas of the world and one's place in it. Letting go of all that old "stuff" can be scary when the maps and means are in transition. The old securities are hard to let go. During the daylight hours, we can be working and committed to the new perspectives - no time for the fear, so it comes out at night. There is also an element of fear involved in expressing our new perspectives - will people understand what we are trying to say, or will they just go their old ways without listening to or seeing those newer perspectives and perceptions.

Remembering the dream and writing it out generally helps with letting go and moving on. It becomes much less a hindrance to progress and more a reminder that you can't take it all with you. Old purses can equal old baggage that needs to be left behind.

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:08 am

I like what you wrote, Ann.
I have a very real fear of snakes. It doesn't matter if they are poisonous or not. I know what caused it, but can't let it go. If I even watch a snake on TV, I will dream about it. I will either turn the channel or turn away. When I have those dreams, I usually get out of bed, wake up completely to try and erase the memory.

The secondary fear is that my SS will be cut off. Otherwise, I have no significant fears about life in general.

Fear of heights is very real. When I was young, it was not a problem. I even painted roofs and heights did not bother me. Now it is a different story. People will tell you not to look down. Usually what someone tells you not to do, is what you do. If they were to tell you to look up, it would be much better.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 am

It might be helpful re understanding the fear if you know what snakes symbolize for you, personally.

I sometimes dream about snakes, and have looked into possible meanings for those dreams. This section of the book, Symbols of Transformation in Dreams, by Jean Dailey Clift and Wallace B. Clift (Jungian psychology), from the chapter, "Snakes," on the symbolism of the snake has seemed significant for me:

Quote :
Spiritual growth or development, as well as well as ideas on the conscious level,are frequently symbolized by....creatures that live in the depths of nature [are] commonly symbolic of something in the unconscious. Snakes...represent a piece of life that is underground or underwater...Jung wrote, The lower vertabrates have from earliest times been favorite symbos of the collective psychic substratum which is located anatomically in the subcortical centres, the cerebellum, and the spinal cord. These organs constitute the snake [when] the conscious mind is deviating from its instinctual basis."...we have been fascinated by one particular symbol -- the snake -- which seems to present the challenge to integrate our instinctual base with some new level of consciousness. Jung said, "The idea of transformation and renewal by means of a serpent is a well-substantiated archetype."....

One of the most common associations in the Western world is the Garden of Eden story in the Bible where the snake is associated with the coming of consciousness of the first humans. [The snake] tells Eve that eating of the forbidden fruit of the tree of knwledge of good and evil will make one wise....The knowledge of good and evil is the awareness oftwo opposing possibilities, which is the essence of consciousness. For some people, to come to a new awareness feels like disobedience, for the comfort and security of the past has been left behind; they are no longer being true to what they know works. Furthermore, they cannot go back; the "poison" of the new prevents it.

One can never say what a symbol means apart from [individual] associations, but there are some common motifs....The symbol of the snake goes so deep that, as D. H. Lawrence once said, "a rustle in the grass can startle the toughest 'modern' to depths he has no control over.' [The symbol of the snake] seems to suggest that a person is being presented with a new possibility -- the transformation of an old attitude into a new way of being."

As that last paragraph begins, every individual has their own perception of any symbol, so it may well be that none of this fits.

But if it might, in any way, be that a fear of snakes is connected to a fear of changing one's perceptions of reality from and old way of seeing into a new way...?

Your snake and my lost purse might have similar meanings.

Maybe we really do all tell the same stories.

Annie
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 am

I fear illness, poverty and death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:17 pm

SPIDERS!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:37 pm

I am not afraid of much.

If someone should attack me, I would be afraid. I would do the best I could, and remember Dick Stodghill's advice about having your keys between your fingers and going for the eyes.

I am not afraid of God.

I respect the space of animals and other people. Space is primary to security....animal or person.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Jealous husbands with guns.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Your greatest Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your greatest Fear   Your greatest Fear Empty

Back to top Go down

Your greatest Fear
Page 1 of 1