Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Super Bowl Sunday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Super Bowl Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Super Bowl Sunday   Super Bowl Sunday EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 am

Having my Sunday morning coffee and brötchen, I said to my wife that today is the Super bowl in the States. She said, “I suppose they will soon go the store and stock up on snacks and beer.” I said, “It depends on where they live. If you recall, in Georgia we couldn’t buy beer on a Sunday.”
“I guess they got their beer yesterday. Do you remember the time we went to have Sunday dinner and you ordered a beer and the waiter said that he couldn’t serve beer until 11:30 and it was 11:25. And that was permitted only if it accompanied a meal order.”

“Yes, I remember that and also going to Kroger on a Sunday morning and placing a six pack on the counter and the cashier placing it on the floor since it was Sunday and they were not allowed to sell beer.”

“I’ll bet if they sold guns, they would have sold them.”
“How did guns get into this conversation?”
“I’m just pointing out how ridiculous some of the laws are. And they always wanted to see our driver’s license to be sure we were 21. If you or I didn’t look 21, then they were blind.”

“True, but they couldn’t register the beer without punching in the date of birth. It was a protective device to insure the store was in compliance with the law.”

“Strange how they can make laws and provide safety checks to prevent under age people from purchasing cigarettes or beer, but most anyone can buy a gun without any checks.”

“I don’t know if that is true. Perhaps there are checks that we don’t hear about. On the other hand, if they want to make a sale, they will find a way around it. There are no checks at flea markets where they can sell most anything and most often without any sales tax.” Finish your coffee. We are not subjected to those rules here. Tomorrow is your birthday. Enjoy your last day of being the same age as me. Tomorrow you will spring forward. I’ll make sure you have some alcohol to numb the pain, should you suddenly feel old.”

“Don’t get smart!”

“Why not?”

Etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Super Bowl Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bowl Sunday   Super Bowl Sunday EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:03 am

Charming - and full of wisdom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com

Super Bowl Sunday
Page 1 of 1