Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Somebody--turn down the heat!!

Go down 
+8
pol mcshane
Pam
Helen Wisocki
madhatter
Abe F. March
thehairymob
Jim Woods
zadaconnaway
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 am

You are all missing the best summer weather!!! Here in Wisconsin it has been sunny, temps in the 70s and 80s. Each day is just another beautiful day in paradise!

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:04 am

Here where I live we've had the first summer in many years in which it is possible to comfortable sleep at night without having the sheets stick to you this year. This is also the first summer in many years that hasn't been dry enough to turn the lawn brown.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:46 am

Looks like this thread has become the world weather report. Sorry I have been remiss in reporting my weather.
No extremes to report. In the 70's most of this past week and the forecast is more of the same for our Fest starting this weekend. (Just thought I'd add a small commercial with my report).Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 83899
Back to top Go down
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:09 am

We're slated for only 101 today, down from yesterday's 102. Overnight we're at 75. Can't believe it's nearing the Fall so quickly.

Jim Woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Only 101? If it hit 101 here there would be panic in the streets.

Actually, I read that it has hit 100 degrees 12 times since 1870. That's more than enough for two lifetimes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 pm

pol mcshane wrote:
I just wish it would snow in Texas. That's what I really miss from growing up in NY. We want to try to get back to Canada in the winter to see the snow. But I don't know if that will happen this year.Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 614331

It DOES snow in Texas! I have driven in it! You must not be in Amarillo, Dallas, or El Paso.

A few years ago it snowed in Corpus Christi around Christmas time!!!

I lived in South Texas and Central Texas for 16 years. Still not sure how I survived the 9 month long summers.

Love Northern Nevada!!!!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:50 pm

JoElle,
you are so mobile that if the weather doesn't suit you, you can just do like Bugs Bunny and make a left turn in Alberqurque.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
JoElle,
you are so mobile that if the weather doesn't suit you, you can just do like Bugs Bunny and make a left turn in Alberqurque.

And I have ... that's how I ended up in California! albino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somebody--turn down the heat!!   Somebody--turn down the heat!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Somebody--turn down the heat!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2