Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New adventures :)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PennyDeerhill
One Star Member
One Star Member
PennyDeerhill

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-15

New adventures :) Empty
PostSubject: New adventures :)   New adventures :) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Today was my last day at my full time job. I was working at a McDonalds within walking distance of home....a job perceived as menial by some. Somehow during the full time schedule (plus overtime) I managed to publish and begin marketing the paperback version. The team at the restaurant stuck by me as I needed emergency surgery, encouraged me as I fought the heat, rain, cold, and wind as I grew tired of walking every day to work and back...as I learned how to be a public speaker and "become" the author known as Penny (an alias I use for writing). I'll always remember the awesome grace of those blessings. Maybe one day I can put it into words, but not yet.

I'm off for a week and then I start my part time job as an emergency intake counselor at a nonprofit womens crisis center nearby, which, miraculously, gives me a pay raise and more time to write! My book opened a door for me to help women who are in the same situation that I found myself in about 2 years ago, when the world was spinning out of control and I was living the days of what would become my published memoirs.... it all began with a prayer for help, for a positive change, and the rest I have just gone with the flow, done what felt natural, and now I reflect on what has come to pass, a new career among the string of blessings... its very humbling. heart

I made a video saying goodbye to the wonderful staff who stuck by me as I went through the good, the bad, the wonderful, the scary, the ugly, and the beautiful....if you want to, feel free to watch it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.itsnotwhatyouknow.wordpress.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

New adventures :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New adventures :)   New adventures :) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:02 pm

10/30/2012

Penny..

Good for you ! Congratulations...Whenever you want to tell

your story were all here for you....

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om

New adventures :)
Page 1 of 1