Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?

Go down 
+5
Betty Fasig
dkchristi
Abe F. March
E. Don Harpe
joefrank
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? Empty
PostSubject: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:25 pm

8/11/2012

The hot breaking news at 9:23 AM 8/10/2012

Romney will annonce 9 AM EST Viginia his VP

running mate. Wh do you think it'll be ?

I think I know ..........

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Unless he can dig up Abe Lincoln and tell him enough lies to get him to run as his VP, it's not going to make any difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:16 pm

8/12/2012

Don don't be such a stick in the mud democrat..

I think Donald Trump would be great !!! It's been

rumored for two days now, he can beat the pants off

anyone...........

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:03 am

Ryan is the pick. He wants to revamp all social services just like Romney.
I wonder if Romney or any of the GOP crowd personally know a person that is dependent on Social Security and Medicare. They seem so out of touch that the only people they can represent are the top 1% while the 99% suffer without representation.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:10 am

I've finally figured it out. The eight years that destroyed the economy and forced the working poor and the lower middle classes into abject poverty and onto food stamps, social security early at reduced payments, homelessness, medicaid and emergency room death bed care - well, the republican party has conveniently erased them - the etch a sketch. They do not exist. Even their right to vote is diminished by republican governors and republican state legislatures.

So the very eight years of republican rule that took us into hell and financial chaos did not occur. The only people who are unemployed and need the services a government must provide because of throwing the country into this chaos - are lazy, or black or "food stamp queens" or illegal. Therefore, they are undeserving as U.S. citizens of the opportunity to seek a quality life in an economy where there are no jobs and money for education is scarce. Like the untouchables on the streets of Calcutta, they are unseen.

Thus everyone represented by the republicans has a job, an insurance policy, the ability to educate their children and the deficit is their primary concern. they don't need social security, medicare or social services so those who need the services be damned. They are encouraged to hang onto what they have and not let it go to the less deserving since the economy belongs to the wealthy - and they need to grow their own wealth.

Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:55 am

I hope he picks Sarah Palin. Snort!
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 am

Betty, I like your humor. Sarcasm says much.
A pretty face or a false face appeals to many - Hollywood style.

What this country needs is a good 5 cent cigar. Twisted Evil

DK. You figured it out right, or should I say, left. Straight on target in any case.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 am

8/11/2012

Very, Very disappointed ! I thought it would be

a woman , I feel a woman could do a better job !

I may change my thinking !

Cheers..Joe..Cool
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 am

DK, I seldom ever copy and post what someone else has written. However, I hope it's ok with you that I did just that with your post here. I re-posted it on FB, with this paragraph.

"A friend of mine, author D.K. Christi, has a very good way of putting things. Besides being a talented author, she can see through the smoke and mirrors and get to the heart of things as well as anyone I know. Here's one of her latest posts."

I can delete it you want me too, but I do think it's worthy of others seeing.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 am

I hope you agree with E Don, DK. It is the best summary of our current political circumstance that I have seen anywhere.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 am

I feel so broken by the lack of compassion in this country that if posting my words can in any way help some understanding of the plight of those less fortunate and the obligation of a society as wealthy as the U.S. to provide support in times of economic disaster, then I am glad my words were re-posted. I am aware that nothing is private on the Internet and therefore, my words are public even when intended for a limited audience.

I so know that in passion, I sometimes don't get exactly the right word and my keys on my netbook are sticking, so there may be errors.

In general, I am honored that what I say might be valued by people I respect. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 am

An excellent choice. This way, if they are elected, no one will ever want to assassinate Romney.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 am

I agree with all the above, DK. Your summary deserves publicity.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:57 pm

8/11/2012

SHOCKING !..............affraid

...........   The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? 925501
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Dear Al,

You have a mind like a steel trap! Excellent observation.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Yeah, Al - what Betty said.    The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? 973110

Ann
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:29 pm

8/11/2012

I have now become an atheist in politics..

I will not nor should I care ever who wins

and who doesn't win ! As of now I shun my

own country...I turn my back..............

Joe...............   The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? 472104
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Here's the trick, Joe. You decide what you think is a fair way to have a country that provides the foundation for democracy: universal education; healthy citizens; sufficient income to live a meaningful life and prepare for retirement.

Then you analyze if that has been happening. If not, why? If so, why?

It is my opinion that in the 51 years I was associated with education it has never been universally available to all youth but rather always available to wealthy youth but abysmal in the poor states and inner cities, especially in the south where schools were purposefully segregated and inferior. For all the money poured into schools, only our university systems, again supported by elite alumni and football, have been the best in the world.

Therefore, I believe the entire Congress of both parties has failed the youth of this country and the foundation of democracy, an educated, literate population. It has also failed those who needed retrainig to keep up with changes in the work place.

Therefore, you can write to every politician your vote supports and ask what they are doing right now to make education the system it should be. Based on your knowledge and common sense, you make your own decisions about what is garbage and what is truth and possible.

Every issue needs to be investigated by every citizen and supported by investigative reporting like in the Walter Cronkite era. Then the citizens need to demand an appropriate system be put in place.

This type of investigation of "platform points" eliminates being influenced by the immoral expenditure of campaign money to produce ads that lie - from every corner. You can refuse to listen to them; you can encourage other to ignore them - and ignore every word that comes from a candidates mouth because those words are put their by polling what their constituents want to hear.

I am only using your name, Joe, because I don't want you to give up. Our country needs thinking citizens to turn our government back to a representative government that encourages extending the franchise to every voter instead of limiting it and operates to benefit the entire nation instead of a few $billionaires.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:31 pm

8/11/201

DK...

I've noticed that politicians for the last 30 years

don't give a dam about anyone, once they get in , the

public who ? And then it's on to the next race and for the

past twenty years I say the parents don't care if their kids

get an education because kids today don't want to learn, I

would say that's about 25%, there is no respect today for

adults unlike when you and I gew up , then teachers had a

say , too much hand tying today...........

Cheers.Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm

I think the best way to look at things are really quite simple. We know that together, the Democrats and the Republicans control all of the politics in this country. They both say they want a balanced budget, right? So if they control everything, and they both want it, why isn't the budget balanced? They both say they want great education for our children, health care for everyone, more jobs, and lower oil prices. So, if they control everything, which they do, and they want these things, why haven't we gotten them?

The answer is that they don't really want those things. Neither party wants them. They want us to think they want these things, so we'll keep on trying to decide which party can and will give them to us, and by doing that we'll be sure to leave them in power, and they will be free to pursue what they both really want, and that's more wealth and power for themselves and their friends.

Simple when you stop to think about it. But we've now allowed them to build such a base of money and power that there isn't anything the American people can to to get them out. I'd like to think we'd vote them out, but we won't. There are too many people who are stupid enough to believe one or the other of the sides. And until we see them all, Democrats and Republicans, for what they really are, we're stuck repeating history over and over. Electing one party and then the other, always thinking change is coming, and never really quesitoning why it never happens.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm

8/12/2012

It's called " THE GUILOTINE !"

A politician woud have a choice,

" Resign Now , or face the guilotine !"

I wonder if France would loan it to us ?

I wonder if politicians would understand

that ? Their too stupid !

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 pm

E. Don Harpe wrote:
I think the best way to look at things are really quite simple. We know that together, the Democrats and the Republicans control all of the politics in this country. They both say they want a balanced budget, right? So if they control everything, and they both want it, why isn't the budget balanced? They both say they want great education for our children, health care for everyone, more jobs, and lower oil prices. So, if they control everything, which they do, and they want these things, why haven't we gotten them?

The answer is that they don't really want those things. Neither party wants them. They want us to think they want these things, so we'll keep on trying to decide which party can and will give them to us, and by doing that we'll be sure to leave them in power, and they will be free to pursue what they both really want, and that's more wealth and power for themselves and their friends.

Simple when you stop to think about it. But we've now allowed them to build such a base of money and power that there isn't anything the American people can to to get them out. I'd like to think we'd vote them out, but we won't. There are too many people who are stupid enough to believe one or the other of the sides. And until we see them all, Democrats and Republicans, for what they really are, we're stuck repeating history over and over. Electing one party and then the other, always thinking change is coming, and never really quesitoning why it never happens.

I believe it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 pm

It's all about power. Why would anyone want to have themselves and their family exposed to the public eye? No privacy or home life. We know that power corrupts. Those who are qualified to lead won't place themselves or the family at risk. They know that they can't do what they want and will be required to compromise their principles to enact change. Some simply won't compromise and I admire them for that, however when they can't enact change, they are blamed.
Sometimes I think a dictator would be a good idea, provided you could find one who is humane. He would get things done.

Our way of life is tied to our economy. Production and sales rule. When people have no money to buy, the economy suffers. Getting money into the hands of the consumer is what is required. If the money is held by a minority, like the super rich, the economy stagnates. This is not rocket science, just plain common sense. For the rich to remain rich, they need people to work in order to have money to buy what their company produces.

Tax breaks for the worker makes sense. Tax breaks for the super rich makes no sense unless they are creating jobs. Tax breaks for the rich should be tied to proof of job creation along with employee benefits. Without the worker, no company can succeed. They found a way around that by playing the money game. Fewer employees required when Wall Street becomes their base and the product is money. That balloon may soon bust. Weather has impacted the produce and there will be food shortages. Dependency on exports will cease.
Perhaps hard times are needed to force change. It is a harsh means to right a wrong, but needed unless people come to their senses.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:24 am

Wow! Simple wisdom is the best. In a strange way it reminds me of two situations where common interest wins out over self-interest. When I lived in the blue water sailing community, no body cared about each other's past. What mattered was the sailing skill, the ability to navigate from one port to the next and the learning experiences from other cultures. We shared boat repairs, scare food items, secrets of maintenance and a few more knots. Yet, we were known by our boat names more than our own names, and we'd risk life and limb to help another sailor, unknown.

If that doesn't ring any bells, how about the dog beach? We have a beautiful stretch of beach just for dogs and their owners. A few simple rules apply to make it safe and enjoyable for all. The people who bring their dogs don't know each other by their own names but rather as "Fido's owner" or "Sandy's owner," and the topics they discuss are all related to their dogs and the love they share for "man's (and woman's) best friends.

E.Don well expressed our common goals as citizens of this country and Abe well-expressed how they get polluted and lost in the perverted political system we have, by our own lack of will to change it, allowed to flourish, creating lifetime careers of excess and power to a few at high cost to the country and the painfully slow progress on the same historical issues.

I think this election cycle is the worst because of the immoral amounts of money being spent to say half-truth sound bites and the purposeful limitations on voting from limiting early voting to preventing the non-partisan League of Women Voters from assisting with registrations. I think we would be better if the entire Congress went home There are sufficient bureaucrats to run the required services and wrtie and pass their own budgets.

However, the system's corruption starts in local elections where voting is even more sparce and runs through the entire system.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:55 am

I can't manage to get as angry as I was this time four years ago. I was so afraid that McCain would win. This time, I have fewer fears, especially with Ryan as Romney's choice.

I believe more and more Americans are waking up. We are still in the process of change, and have a way to go, still, but it seems to me that we have passed a turning point.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?      The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012  Who is it ? Empty

Back to top Go down

The bets are on: Romney to pick VP 8/11/2012 Who is it ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next