Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Bargain Books

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Bargain Books Empty
PostSubject: Bargain Books   Bargain Books EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:45 pm

In 1975 when I was an editor for (then) Petersen Publishing Company and heading up their books division---Petersen mainly was magazines--one of our special one time soft cover books for newsstand distribution was cover priced at $4.95. In 1982 that book was purchased by Bonanza Books for hardbound release under their imprint, keeping the same title and cover art for the dust jacket. I don't know how it might have been re-priced. My only file copy is one of the original soft covers and it's showing age and deterioration.

In browsing Amazon today, I found several sources for the Bonanza hardbound version, and ordered the copy that sounded like it was the most pristine of several copies available. With shipping, the book is $21, and a bargain since I'll add it to my permanent library, and my personal history.

Jim Woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Bargain Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bargain Books   Bargain Books EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Do you a copy of the original?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Bargain Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bargain Books   Bargain Books EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 4:04 pm

I do have a worn and taped-up copy of the original paperback, which essentially is a very thick, perfect-bound magazine without ads--100% editorial. As far as I know the secondary publisher bought the original pasted-up flats and thus has produced a near duplicate of the original. I'm on the masthead as the editor, which was the link to locating the book on Amazon, and am listed in the contents as one of the contributors. So I just count it now as another anthology that carries my byline.

Jim Woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bargain Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bargain Books   Bargain Books Empty

Back to top Go down

Bargain Books
Page 1 of 1