Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Books by D. J. Stephens

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Books by D. J. Stephens Empty
PostSubject: Books by D. J. Stephens   Books by D. J. Stephens EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 8:51 am

I currently have two books published BEARKILLER and HALO. My third novel DEATH RIDER was just released 2/15/08.
Books by D. J. Stephens Halo_c10
Books by D. J. Stephens Bearki10
Books by D. J. Stephens Death_10

I have three Short Stories on the Amazon Short Program:
MY HERO, MY DAD
MEMOIRS OF A GYPSY MOTH
BAD NIGHT IN THE BURBS

Rather than take up a lot of space here on the thread telling you about them, if you have a minute, jump over to www.djstephens.net and see what they're all about.

A little about me:
I spent nearly ten years in the Army during the Vietnam Era. While in the service I did three tours in Southeast Asia, competed nationally for a Division Rifle Team and was a member of a Post Skydiving Team. I’ve made 1386 Parachute jumps; all but 82 of them were free falls, (the 82 were military jumps), over 1100 of the jumps were from over 12,000ft and 21 of the jumps were HALO jumps (HALO is a military acronym for High Altitude, Low Opening) which means the jumper exits the aircraft from over 20,000ft and freefalls to under 1,000ft before deploying the parachute. This was the basis for my novel HALO. My short story MEMOIRS OF A GYPSY MOTH is a highlight of my days skydiving when the sport was in its infancy.

I am also an avid outdoorsman and love spending time in the woods and mountains. The idea for my first novel, BEARKILLER, came to me while in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah.

This January(2008) my bride and I celebrated forty years of marriage and still going strong.

Thanks,

D.J.(Don)Stephens

Last edited by on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:51 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Books by D. J. Stephens   Books by D. J. Stephens EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 9:02 am

Hi Don, I love the cover to Halo!
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Books by D. J. Stephens   Books by D. J. Stephens EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 am

Mac,

Thanks, like you...been there done that!
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Books by D. J. Stephens   Books by D. J. Stephens EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 pm

You are awesome, Don. (George too) I still need to order Bearkiller, but will soon. I am anxious to read it. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
lynnjett
One Star Member
One Star Member
lynnjett

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Books by D. J. Stephens   Books by D. J. Stephens EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Don,

I really enjoyed Bearkiller. It was a wonderful story of a man learning to live and love in a culture so different from his own. Look forward to reading more of your stories.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lynnjett
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books by D. J. Stephens   Books by D. J. Stephens Empty

Back to top Go down

Books by D. J. Stephens
Page 1 of 1