Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Responding to Reviews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IncompatibleChani
One Star Member
One Star Member
IncompatibleChani

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Responding to Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Responding to Reviews   Responding to Reviews EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:25 pm

So I've had four reviews so far (3 good and 1 bad) and I was hoping for everyone's opinion on responding to them. Nothing specific to what they've said or even anything retaliatory (because that is INCREDIBLY inappropriate) to the person who left a bad review; essentially I want to thank them for their opinions and refer them to my blog where I have written posts to thank both the good reviewers and the bad one. Honestly, the feedback the bad reviewer gave me is very much appreciated and I want to let them know that.

So.... responses (basically this: Thank you for your feedback! Check out my blog for more information on the novel and its sequel as well as personal responses to your review :] http://chantellefeasel.blogspot.com/) okay or particularly inappropriate?

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Responding to Reviews   Responding to Reviews EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:43 am

My advice would be to say nothing if you are happy with the feedback. When you say a bad review, I presume you mean a low star rating. The star ratings are a pain. Often, they seem at odds with the written review and you wonder why the reviewer chose to give one or two stars to a book they finished reading and must have enjoyed to a certain extent.

Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Responding to Reviews   Responding to Reviews EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:32 am

One reviewer at Amazon asked for comments - so I made one. Otherwise, I take the reviews for what they are - one person's opinion. Of course I obsess if there's even a slight negative - but I talk myself out of it. I can even obsess of the "tone" of a five star review :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Responding to Reviews   Responding to Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Responding to Reviews
Page 1 of 1