Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Salvaton Mountain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
virgil tatro
One Star Member
One Star Member
virgil tatro

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-12-26

Salvaton Mountain  Empty
PostSubject: Salvaton Mountain    Salvaton Mountain  EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Hello Everyone, its been a long time since ive been on this site. I am working on my book slowly but surely. I Had been off work for the past four months due to a ruptured "Achilles Tendon" that happened on January sixth followed with surgery on January thirteenth. I finally returned to work on Tuesday.. During my time off work one would have thought I would have time to work on my book but I found it hard to concentrate in the living room of our small house while our twin five yeard old girls played, as well as trying to keep my foot elevated to help reduce swelling, its kind of funny the majority of what ive written so far has been done on my lunch breaks at the mine thousands of feet underground..

During my time off though, I did something I am very proud of. I drove to southern California for an interview with a Film Maker By the name of Patrick Rea. He is Making a film/Documentary about "Leonard Knight" and "Salvation Mountain" if any of you have seen the Movie "Into the Wild"? you know "Leonard Knight" and Have seen "Salvation Mountain" During my Interview I told of my life as a transient child and my family as a migrant workers, the producer compared my life to the depression, only the depression I grew up in was from 1983 until 1994.. I mentioned that I had been told that people would not be interested in my story because im not famous. He said "you will be" and also mentioned getting a "Ghost writer" if i wanted. any advice on this?

Please take a look at www.salvationmountainthemovie.com or on face book "salvation mountain the movie" to see this documetary project.. thanks Virgil..
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Salvaton Mountain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salvaton Mountain    Salvaton Mountain  EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:52 pm

5/14/2012

Virgil..

" Congratulations.." I say go for it but check him out

first.....

Chees.Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Salvaton Mountain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salvaton Mountain    Salvaton Mountain  EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Virgil,
the suggestion of a ghost writer is a good one. Your story shows promise and it must be written in a manner that will grab the reader/ attract attention. First novels are tough for a new writer. We all learn, or should learn, from our mistakes. If you have a hot topic, why take the chance of blowing it? Trial and error learning can best be done with short stories. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salvaton Mountain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salvaton Mountain    Salvaton Mountain  Empty

Back to top Go down

Salvaton Mountain
Page 1 of 1