Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights Empty
PostSubject: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:05 am

Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks and Trade Secrets
(C) 2011 by Victor D. Lopez (Available Kindle, Nook and paperback versions
from CreateSpace, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other book retailers.)

This is a general reference book for authors, artists, musicians,
librarians, entrepreneurs and others interested in learning about
intellectual property law and the processes for obtaining copyrights,
trademarks and patents in the U.S. and other countries through
international agreements. It is designed to be a one-stop reference
guide that provides information and guidance for individuals considering
obtaining copyrights, patents and/or trademarks on their own or with
the assistance of an attorney. The main text provides an orientation to
the relevant law and the process and cost of applying for patents and
trademarks through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and copyrights
through the U.S. Copyright Office. This book provides a wealth of
resources that include illustrations, an index, links to online
resources, selective statutory materials, sample forms, and other useful
materials in appendices to provide greater depth and context for the
material presented in the main text. This accessible, practical
reference book will provide timely, useful information and identify
additional resources available free of charge from both the federal
government and every state. It does not offer legal advice and is
intended to supplement rather than supplant the legal advice and
individualized guidance that can only be provided by an attorney.

The Kindle and Nook versions omit some material that could not be formatted legibly on these devices.

You can preview the book at Amazon where it is available for the Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/Intellectual-Property-Law-Copyrights-ebook/dp/B005AWNCFS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1329623812&sr=8-5 The book is also available in soft cover from CreateSpace at https://www.createspace.com/3646606
(30% off the soft cover version of the book is available ONLY THROUGH CREATESPACE until the end of April 2012). To receive the 30% discount off the current list price, enter the following code in the space provided at checkout: K4GW7HNM.
The code is valid for any number of books purchased ONLY from the
CreateSpace link above.

Thank you for your interest!

Victor

Last edited by Victor D. Lopez on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 am

Victor D. Lopez wrote:

The Kindle and Nook versions omit some material that could not be formatted legibly on these devices.

What kind of material? Is it available online? If it's charts and graphs, you might consider hosting a pdf on your website so readers of the e-book have access to the missing material.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Are you a member of Book Town, Redroom.com and Book Marketing Network? Their authors may be interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:45 am

Al,

The material that is omitted from the eBook versions are some screen captures, flowcharts and similar materials that were illegible on small screens--even color ones. This material is not essential and is available only on the paperback version of the book which is in 8.5" by 11" format to better accommodate such images, some of which are still less than perfect. When material had to be redacted, it was noted on the eBook versions in an editorial comment. Such material represents a very small fraction of the book and none of it is critical. When such material is available in external links, the links are left in the book for the reader's reference and use.

An extensive, useful preview of the book (both the print and Kindle versions) is available at Amazon that covers all of the main text of the copyright materials (but not the related appendices). I also placed the book on Google Books which offers a very extensive free look as well--as is true of my recent poetry and short story books. I need to reformat the material and will eventually offer it in electronic form here as well--its just an issue of time at the moment. But anyone can take an extensive free preview to see if they find the book will meet their needs.

Victor
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 am

D.K.,

I am not a member of Book Town, Redroom.com or Book Marketing Network. But I'll check them out. Thank you for the information!

Victor
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 am

Victor,
the information you reference has been discussed from time to time on this forum, however never by a legal authority. I think your book will be most helpful, especially for new authors.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 pm

I agree, Abe. That's why I mentioned a couple sites frequented by authors. There are many...
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Thank you, Abe. I've written a number of law-related textbooks, but this is my first introductory legal reference aimed at a general audience. I teach the material at the undergraduate level as well in two of my regular courses at my current academic home. I hope that I struck the appropriate balance for a general reference--I suppose time will tell as the book continues to slowly but steadily find an audience.

I am new to social media, blogs and related activities since my academic pursuits take up most of my time and have done so for the last 25 years. But I am learning and slowly branching out and appreciate good advice, including D.K.s as to additional author sites for me to explore. Thanks to you both again.

Victor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights   Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights Empty

Back to top Go down

Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights
Page 1 of 1