Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think Empty
PostSubject: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:09 pm

11/25/2011

It's a disgrace to see my fellow Americans rioting in stores on Black
Friday ! What other people in other countries must think about Americans!
What is your opinion ? Mine, I'm ashamed of my fellow citizens..

Cheers..Joe... Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Dear Joe,
I do not have the money to riot. Sometimes, I think these things are staged for news publicity.

I do not like the term, Black Friday, either. The sales are all hyped up by the media. My granddaughter wanted to buy a trampoline for her son. The store had two. She went at 5:00 in the evening and sat on one of the boxes. She got the trampline, but it took several hours sitting there in that space.
Why couldn't the store have ordered more from China or where they are made. I imagine the stores bank on people who did not sit on their coveted item spending money on something else.

I blame the malls, the insanity of the American public, the merchants that sell and people who are willing to put up with that crap, deal with the traffic and the elbowing through people to be in front.

Perhaps it is just another contest that I would never try to win.

I would not do it.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:53 pm

When people have big wants and little money and a store shows them a way to have things above their capacity to save for the higher price, the temtation is great. What's a few hours waiting when so much is to be saved? The savings are tremendous! Believe me, I would love a new 40 inch tv for $188. However, I can't afford the $188. Since I have no full-time employment, I could make more than minimum wage by standing in line, based on the savings.

It's difficult to understand when a person has all they need and want. I have friends who won't shop at Walmart with "those people" , you know, the poor folks trying to get a bargain. They shop at the name stores like Nordstroms and buy their groceries at Whole Foods and Fresh Market. That way they associate with the "right" people, not the dregs of the earth who barely make it working three jobs and paying their full percent of the income tax.

My mother needed a new coat. She saw it at Penny's two years ago for $200. She bought it today at the black Friday sale for $49. She would never have that coat at $200. At $49, she can wear a name brand that fits like a custom made coat - probably made in China even at that price. It just comes off the line with a Penny's tag instead of a Walmart tag.

I think Black Friday is a marketing device that appeals to the mob and plays on the emotions that seek a bargain. It is not nice in my book. The old term used to be "loss leader." At least they gave rainchecks for those.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:26 pm

11/25/2011

There's no need be a part of Black Friday, You can order
on line at lower price pay no tax and free shipping, no
sweat.....No lines....No mob scene, then you have more
time for company and cooking for Christmas..

Cheers..Joe... Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think 631765
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 4:29 am

Many people do not have credit cards anymore, are concerned about entering their personal data in a cyber system and even don't have Internet. I do know, however, that you are correct. Many of the so-called on site bargains are also available with a little computer research. I think there is a appeal to the black Friday hoopla for some...it's become a tradition.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:59 am

DK

The people without credit cards can use bill me later or paypal.

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 am

Everyone is not computer literate. My paypal is attached to my credit card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think   Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think Empty

Back to top Go down

Riots during Black Friday ! What would other countries think
Page 1 of 1