Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

How do I put this version of my book on Amazon?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David E. Miller

David E. Miller

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-11

How do I put this version of my book on Amazon? Empty
PostSubject: How do I put this version of my book on Amazon?   How do I put this version of my book on Amazon? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I have a paperback version of my book (self-published) on amazon.com. The vanity press handles this. However, the same vanity press ran a few hundred copies of this same book (with a few revisions) in hardback. The problem is that the hardback has a different ISBN number. I contacted amazon.com a few years ago and inquired about this, and they said I could not put the hardback on their website because it has the different ISBN number. I think the hardback might sell a few copies. No one buys the paperback, and the one review is poorly written (albeit appreciated). The main problem with the book (published in 2002) is that it is too intellectual for most readers, but I'm sure there is a niche market out there. Do you have any ideas on how to do this? The vanity press went bankrupt, though I maintain contact with the person who built the small company.
Back to top Go down
http://millerswindmill.wordpress.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

How do I put this version of my book on Amazon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I put this version of my book on Amazon?   How do I put this version of my book on Amazon? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:06 am

Hi David,

It is normal practice to have different ISBNs for paperback and hardback books. If it is a niche book, I would suggest uploading it to Kindle.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk

How do I put this version of my book on Amazon?
Page 1 of 1