Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS

Go down 
+2
dkchristi
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS Empty
PostSubject: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:39 am

10/30/2011

Here's a great story in Parade Magazine: A must read..

http://www.parade.com/news/2011/10/a-chance-encounter-a-lasting-bond.html

Cheers..Joe.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:39 am

Anecdotes are always nice to read. The reality is a statement made at a meeting at my church today. A woman described us as part of God's ocean. All waves are a bit different; but they are all water, all part of the ocean, all made of the same stuff.

Flowing through the veins and arteries of us is the same blood. It has little chemical differences; but otherwise, it is the same blood. I figure it's that blood that most closely takes us to our creator. When we are in a hospital and dying, we don't ask who donated the blood; we are simply glad we were saved by that blood. When we donate blood, we don't track its use. We give a replenished gift of life to whomever is in need. Period.

In times of crisis, we don't look at the origins of the person next to us but work together, tirelessly to resolve the issue.

Yet, we are human. We are subject to the range of human emotions that include fear. Fear of the unknown, the unfamiliar, the unusual leads us to form opinions that are detrimental to our own spiritual health. Hate for any other human being is hating our own origins as well. It leads to a spiritual sickness that bleeds into other aspects of our life.

But we still follow our emotions instead of our intellect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:40 pm

10/30/2011

DK:... COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS 973110

Great , I love what you said and the article shows how
one human being can help another...Bravo..

Cheers..Joe.. COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS 704672
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:51 pm

DK. I agree with what you say, however you may get some flak using blood as an example from a technical standpoint. As you know, there are different blood types/groups (A, B,....positive and negative...)and before anyone receives a transfusion, the blood types need to be matched. You can google this.

It should not detract from your analogy.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:05 am

However, the blood types (what I call chemical differences) are not based on skin color; they vary within ethnic origin but the types cross all ethnic origins and can be used by all within the type and do not separate people. We don't divide people or get acquainted according to blood type.

Some genetic blood disorders are more prevalent in some ehtnic groups such as sickle sell anemia and its counterpart.

Across the gamut, however, blood has no requirement that it be used by one ethnic group or another.

When they say blood is thicker than water to indicate family loyalty, blood is not a family indicator. Blood is universal with some small chemical and marker differences. If I am in a hospital in China and need blood, whatever blood they have on hand (likely from a Chinese donor) will enter my veins to save my life.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 am

As long as the blood is compatible, the source is not important.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 am

I'm looking forward to a time when ehnic group is no longer part of any language. The world will be populated by men and women from countries around the world. The citizens of those countires will be indigenous to the country or foreigners. Enthnicity will be a thing of the past.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 am

Shelagh -why do you think that's a good thing? Do you think having different and diverse ethnicities in the world is not desirable? That basically we should all look like Tiger Woods (a self-described "Caublasian")?
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 pm

At least we would all have nice teeth.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks, Betty for putting a dash of humor. Some day, men and women will not be making children but rather selecting the characteristics they want for their replacements from a wide array of choices (though the choices may be watched over by science or government).
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Oh! Brave New World, where genetic inefficiencies can be un-selected.

I doubt it will have much to do with color of skin, hair or eyes.

Like plants, people will be bred for their ability to resist diseases, for hardiness of spirits and strength of limbs and intellect (or not).

I have often thought of the great domes that would house colonies of scientifically engineered people.

But, there have been people with ideas that on paper work, but given the human element, fail miserably. I give you B. F. Skinner's child rearing box.

Orwell had it figured out.

Human people need to love and to be loved. Without that factor, there is no humanity, only flesh and blood robots.

Can the ability to love be a selected genetic trait. If not, can it be a conditioned response?

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:22 pm

10/31/2011

I remember awhile back seeing an old Twilight Zone Show,
where this very old couple went to have their bodies exchanged
for younger ones, the problem they only had money for one of them.
The wife told the husband you go, so he went, he came back as
this young handsome virile guy, his wife was stunned , he looked
at her with tears in his eyes, he walked away, after awhile he
came back as the older gentleman he was, he couldn't stay young
while she was older, he loved her too much , so they left together
to grow older together their love was too strong for each other.
Such a beautiful story...

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:33 pm

Love. Yes. I once believed that love was a spiritual emotion that came from our spiritual connection to our creator, that love was part of the ocean in which we are all part and pieces.

Then, I saw a study of the evolving of domesticated dogs - how a few breeds have genetic changes because of their cohabitation with humans. They now exhibit human emotions, the primary emotion: love.

Is love an instinct? Is it merely to guarantee nurturing, protection and the sustaining of the human race?

I think it's Canadian geese that mate for life. There are some pretty sad stories written from the point of view of the bird about losing a spouse to hunters.

Crows mate for life. There's something about mating for life that intimates to me a connection beyond instinct. Watching chimps groom each other seems a loving gesture. Birds rub heads.

So many wonders in this world that remain just that - wonders.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:16 pm

LC wrote:
Shelagh -why do you think that's a good thing? Do you think having different and diverse ethnicities in the world is not desirable? That basically we should all look like Tiger Woods (a self-described "Caublasian")?
Ethnicity, like religion is divisive. It doesn't matter if one group of people pray to God and another to Allah and another to Buddha ... Neither does it matter if people are Asian, African, European ...

We are all the same. We can make choices about all kinds of things including religion and politics, but we do not need to be defined by them.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:55 pm

I have seen love in action between lizards, turtles, and on up the power trail of life.

Some people have told me that the brains of such animals cannot concieve of such a complex idea as love.

My answer to them is that love is the basic need of all animals. It is not complex at all. All creatures respond to love. No one needs to understand the idea of love to respond to love or give it. It is basic. A basic need between species. It is humanity that puts qualification on love and thereby prostitutes love.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS   COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS Empty

Back to top Go down

COLOR OF THE SKIN IS BLIND- WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS
Page 1 of 1