Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.

Go down 
+6
Al Stevens
Abe F. March
alj
Shelagh
alice
Domenic Pappalardo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. Empty
PostSubject: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Shelagh, when I was a member of this forum there were people active in writing, commenting on writing. People seeking to get published. Meat was coming out of the forum rather than baby food.. A pat on the backs was when someone told you…”It doesn’t read right.’ Members were serious about their work. They wanted to get to a level where a publisher would read them. Over time a small click formed. More interested in chat, pats on the back, and making friends. They became a group of trolls. I don’t know what your position on the forum is, nor am I asking. You didn’t stop it for some reason. A few good writers died, many just left. The forum is what it is now…a very small chat room that can give very little help to a serious writer who may join.
I like the forum. I do look in often. I came back not as an active member, I came back with the hope of giving something back. I knew the flamers would come out, they always do, but I don’t care.
You are a good person shelagh. I know you are a serious writer. Don’t waste your time with this. Either take control, and make it what it was, or shut it down, and spend the time writing. Like I said…I’m just passing through. See you in New York City, or hell...lol.
Domenic

When I wrote this Shelagh, I did not understand you approved of the click. You explained it clear in your PM...bye.

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. 343621 Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. 343621 Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. 343621

Last edited by alice on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Alice said; Domenic,

Why not start your own forum?

Just for serious writers who wish to be instructed

by you. I promise you I will not join. Hope to see you in heaven--it is a far better place than New York.

Don't feet the troll.

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. 798629 Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. 798629 Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. 798629
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:

Alice said; Domenic,

Why not start your own forum?

Just for serious writers who wish to be instructed

by you. I promise you I will not join. Hope to see you in heaven--it is a far better place than New York.

Don't feet the troll.

I will stand by my remarks. Thank you for preserving them.

Why not put yours back so people can understand the context?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:15 pm

The post is to Shelagh...your remarks were not needed. Post transfered.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:45 am

This blog post about trolls has 2,400 comments on it, so I think we can safely assume that everything that can be said about trolls/trolling has already been said:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100099194/seven-types-of-troll-a-spotters-guide/

Feel free to comment.

Last edited by Shelagh on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 am

Quote :
What I've since learned to appreciate is that the problem with trolls is not my problem: it's theirs. These are psychologically damaged creatures, eaten up with an awful lot of rage and sense of their own inadequacies.

That says it all, I think.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:01 am

Good post, Ann.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:34 am

I guess Joe would be here, but he is out of money to pay for the internet.

What I said when I left the forum;

I remember why I left this forum (sic...chat room) the last time. It is controlled by five women, and two male followers. Post anything one of the group does not like, and the flame gang will torch the offender…the administrator will even remove the offenders post.
I have learned much about writing on this forum, but I have a life, and not in need of a chat room. Most of the members I respected have either died, or moved on…I’m not dead, but it is my time to move on.

I did not understand all of what Zisban was saying...I do now.
Zizban said;

The basic problem with this forum is that is more like a social network than an actual writing forum. Let's look at the topics in the last few days: moths, Warren Buffet, community gardens and the CEO of Starbucks. Not much writing there, is there? The fact that this is a social network leads to this forum being run by a clique of women: Shelagh, Alice, Alj, and Betty Fasig. A very tight group that is hostile to anyone who doesn't see things their way. There are plenty of examples of this all over the forum.

Shelagh is a piss poor moderator. She lets personal attacks go unchecked, allows ad hominem attacks on forum members and lets topics go off topic. There is a difference between "restraint" and incompetence, or in Shelagh's case, malicious intent.

You guys all cheered on when Dick Stodghill wishes me death. How sick and depraved do you have to be to wish death on another human being? Tangent to this is Shelagh decided not to publish her anthology about Dick because someone beat her to it and I'm in the anthology. Oh please, what are you, twelve?

Alice emailed my publisher to see how much I got paid for my contribution. Know what? Its none of her business, a gross violation of my privacy and violates my state's privacy laws. Do it again Alice and I will sick my attorney on you.

Shelagh also takes topics she doesn't like and puts in them a secret subforum. Know what? It's dead easy to get into. I'm looking at it right now.

Speaking of this forum, ever wonder why she has never directly answered who pays the bills for this website? It isn't her. I'm pretty sure I know who does. I won't speak much more of this until I have proof but I think Shelagh has been lying to you about Published Authors for a long, long time.

Seriously, if you don't see anything wrong with Published Authors, then you are not looking.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:54 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
The post is to Shelagh...your remarks were not needed. Post transfered.

Of course my remarks were not "needed." I will agree with you. Nobody would die without them.

Last edited by alice on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:00 am

Enough! You are not a bit funny! Why would you repost such a mean-spirited bunch of lies?

Shelagh is not the problem, you and Zizban are.

I am through with you, I will not "feet the troll" whatever that means.

I won't bother to copy such a hateful diatribe. Having it here once was too much.

I don't think you will make NYT best seller now--Why? Too much of your energy is being spent on hate.

SO SORRY!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:21 am

Domenic,

The forum stats do not support your argument. Yes, the Chatter Box is the most used board on the forum and accounts for more than half of the total posts. That said, those not made on the Chatter Box amount to over 34,200 posts.

You reposted a post by a member who complained bitterly when he was denied access to the Chatter Box, yet you argue that the Chatter Box is driving members away. How so? Denying access to the Chatter Box almost destroyed the forum.

The forum is open to all, members and visitors alike. Membership is not required. There is no "clique" because anyone is allowed to post on the forum -- if not on all boards (WIP for instance).

Stay if you want to stay; leave if you want to leave. This is the internet: a place for open communication.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:25 am

Domenic,
Is your agenda to keep coming back and taking shots at people? I don't know what prompted Dick to make the remark you say he made, and if he said it, I'm beginning to understand why.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:29 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Domenic,
Is your agenda to keep coming back and taking shots at people? I don't know what prompted Dick to make the remark you say he made, and if he said it, I'm beginning to understand why.

I think that whole last bit is quoting zizban, Abe.

Either way, you make a good point.

Too bad we don't have an "ignore" button. I think I'm going to pretend that we do, and pay no more attention.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:43 am

Good idea Ann. I'll do the same. So much for the Bible lesson we were given not too long ago. I think it's called, "talking the talk, but not walking the walk."

It is my understanding that Joe is absent for medical tests. That does not jive with the the statement made by the Troll. Another Christian act?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Abe,
A bit of context here:

Dick did not wish Zizban death.
Zizban is JCT. He was going to leave this forum and said 'You folks will miss me."

Dick said, "Go get run over by a truck."

Different than, "I wish you were dead,"

Dick was weary of the fights and trouble caused by JCT, the doctor, edu, Rolling Thunder, Zizban.

Last edited by alice on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm

alj wrote:

Too bad we don't have an "ignore" button.

We do. You can add a user name to your ignore list. Go to your Profile at the top of the screen, choose Profile, then choose Friends and Foes. Add the member to the ignore list whose messages you do not wish to read.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Is that what that does? I don't have any foes. I rarely run into anyone that I would rather not associate with on a regular basis, but there have occasionally been exceptions; I still wouldn't consider them foes, just acquaintances who don't get it yet. I do, I guess, distinguish between friends and acquaintances. Kind of like the title for a list that my dad made years ago when we were all planning my wedding: family and relatives.

Ann
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey Shelagh you gonna delete these messages, too? Truth too much for you? Are your little friends getting their feeling hurt? AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Here's what Shelagh keeps deleting:
Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. Capture11

Last edited by zizban on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:26 pm

New forumotion admin option, Chris. Expletive posts can be deleted automatically.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Preserved with pics Razz
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Quote :
Preserved with pics Razz

For who?
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:35 pm

[quote="zizban"]Hey Shelagh you gonna delete these messages, too? Truth too much for you? Are your little friends getting their feeling hurt? AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Alice wishing someone being run over by a truck, is by definition, wishing someone death. The man wishes me death. You are filth to cheer it on.

Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Wow, Shelagh the forum deletes pics with naughty words in them too? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.   Troll thread...watch your local troll in action. Empty

Back to top Go down

Troll thread...watch your local troll in action.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next