Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A writing contest that needs a judge...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
R.R.

A writing contest that needs a judge... Empty
PostSubject: A writing contest that needs a judge...   A writing contest that needs a judge... EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Rose Rivera and I'm a teen writer from the website figment.com. I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I work with a user-run newspaper called the Figmentere. Figment is a place for teen writers to share work and our newspaper contains everything from writing tips to an advice column to writing contests.
I am looking for an author who would want to participate in one of these writing contests. That means that you would help to judge which piece wins, and offer feedback on the story. This might be too much to ask, but you could also offer a signed copy or your book. In return, your name and work would be broadcast on figment, home to 36,000+ writers and readers.
If this sounds interesting at all, and you feel comfortable doing this, please send an email to figmentere.submissions@gmail.com.
Thanks for your time Smile
Back to top Go down
Rose R.

PostSubject: Re: A writing contest that needs a judge...   A writing contest that needs a judge... EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Anyone want to consider it?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A writing contest that needs a judge...   A writing contest that needs a judge... EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Rose,

I sent an email.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A writing contest that needs a judge...   A writing contest that needs a judge... EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks for bringing this idea to this forum. It is worth considering. It's great for young people to care about writing and seek the advice of authors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: A writing contest that needs a judge...   A writing contest that needs a judge... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 am

Hello Rose,

I checked out your website.

It is very impressive!
Back to top Go down
Rose R.

PostSubject: Re: A writing contest that needs a judge...   A writing contest that needs a judge... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 am

Thanks everyone who sent us an email! We really appreciate having a published author judge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A writing contest that needs a judge...   A writing contest that needs a judge... Empty

Back to top Go down

A writing contest that needs a judge...
Page 1 of 1