Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A serious word about Politics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

A serious word about Politics Empty
PostSubject: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 am

Political aspirations

Turnips do not argue
while they’re sitting in your yard
they discuss their politics
with words just like a Bard.

They never fight among themselves
they never steal or cheat
they conduct themselves with great respect
wherever they would meet.

They are the model to aspire to
in this noble age.
So if you’re into politics
you should use them as a gauge.

Those vegetables in Parliament
and those in Congress halls
should conduct themselves like Turnips
while they’re making up our rules.

There would be no unruly scandles
among their noble class
and we might just get a Government
that nothing could surpass.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:12 am

SPLENDID! Very well said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:29 am

You know, I don't think the politicians recognize that their salaries are paid from our hard work. If they did, they wouldn't be destroying those who pay the taxes that support them.

Unfortunately, they seem to have no connection to the voters except to get themselves re-elected. Their connection is to the special interest money that will keep them in office and enrich their futures.

As they fire government workers to "balance budgets," and cut salaries and destroy unions, they are destroying the very base of their incomes. Instead, perhaps they should reduce their own salaries since many of them are independently wealthy anyway. Perhaps there should be fewer representatives also and they should contribute to their own pensions and benefits.

Hmmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:19 am

Thinking doesn't appear to be part of their agenda. Thinking of what is best for America is not their concern. Getting elected and re-elected while taking care of their friends seems to be their objective - a no brainer.

I think every politician should be required to take a course in economics since they don't appear to use common sense.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 am

The spam calls from fundraisers seeking money for police and firemen benefits bother me the most.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 am

LC wrote:
The spam calls from fundraisers seeking money for police and firemen benefits bother me the most.

They are very irritating!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:55 am

LC is right. What those fund raisers fail to realize is that there is no money to be had from the low to middle income crowd. Those were the givers. Why don't the fund raisers solicit the people who have the money? Could it be that the rich have money because they hold onto it? I can't make a blanket statement about the rich since there are many exceptions, however it appears that many are takers, not givers. And when they do part with some of their money it is because they benefit with a tax break. They try to make it appear that they are being generous when in fact they are giving for their own benefit.

The low to middle income were the heartbeat of America. They paid taxes and gave to charities. Many were also self-supporting with small businesses that thrived in local communities. They were virtually wiped out by the conglomerates with their chain stores. When the heart stopped beating, the body stopped functioning.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:16 pm

I hate spammers time wasters the lot of them.
I always hang up on them.
I had someone trying to get me to invest in gold yesterday.
A very pushy young man on the phone he was. I enjoyed hanging up on him quietly while his pitch was in full flow.Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A serious word about Politics   A serious word about Politics Empty

Back to top Go down

A serious word about Politics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: