Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?

Go down 
+3
alj
dkchristi
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? Empty
PostSubject: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:21 pm

5/3/2011

Are you:

Democrat - Middle Of Road , Extreme Right , Left Wing ?.......... ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? 83899

Republican- Middle Of Road, Extreme Right, Left Wing ?............ ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? 83899

Liberal - Middle Of Road , Extreme Right , Extreme Left Wing ?....... ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? 83899

Me I'm in the middle of the road....I bet You Can't Guess Which One ?...... ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? 83899

Cheers...Joe..... ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? 634186
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:52 am

Today, May 3, 2011, I am a U.S. Citizen who is proud to live in a country led by President Obama. I am interested in a major change in the U.S. political process that ends the amounts of money spent on campaigns, reduces the terms of representatives and makes it possible for representatives of the people not career politicians to run for government office. These needs apply equally to both political parties. Somewhere in both parties are a handful of dedicated people who attempt to represent those who elected them. It's difficult in all the political hoopla.

I have often stated my beliefs that don't quite fit a party. My beliefs at the moment fit these economic times. If we were in a time of prosperity, my beliefs would change. In poor economic times, we need government intervention to move the economy forward and help those is need through job creation. It is not a time to create austerity and emphasize the beliefs of small interest groups with a loud voice. I believe the current administration is attempting to follow the course needed at this time. This is a time to reduce corporate subsidies and increase taxes on windfall profits and those who have increased incomes off the backs of those who have lost income over the past ten years. It is not a time to reduce taxes on the 1% wealthiest citizens who benefited while the majority of U.S. citizens struggle and their incomes have lost buying power steadily over the last ten years. The country needs to invest in activity that provides long term benefits for everyone, especially in education and healthcare, the backbone of a democratic country.

Once the country has high employment and booming economy, it is time to reduce government size and spending, thoroughly examine all economic support programs and offer austerity measures to reduce the debt that was created through war and the bursting bubble of corporate greed out of control. Those measures need to be shared by all citizens, not those with no voice. Taxes may need to be increased, but it needs to be a new system that more realistically represents fairness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:35 am

It's easier to say I favor ecological sustainability, peace, health care, education and fiscal responsibility. When I make my choices, I look first for those platforms. I'm not interested in party labels all that much.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:55 am

I forgot to add my vote for sustainability and the protection of the environment. While consumerism builds economic progress, I also want informed consumers who make choices that improve rather than destory the wonderful earth that is our inheritance and that we need to pass on to future generations for their enjoyment. Thank you,Ann, for reminding me. From a political perspective, this position may interfere with windfall profits to industries and businesses that destroy the environment for the sake of immediate profits with no eye on the future.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:04 am

5/3/2011

I agree with DK and Ann , we shouldn't have to wear labels, I agree 1000% with their point of views.

Me I'm in the middle, raised all my life Democrat, but I usually vote for who's the best for the country,

I believe 2012 is going to be a wild year, I would love to see a woman president, as they say it can't

hurt........ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? 973110 Cheers..Joe...ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:09 am

I think my views are closely aligned those of Diane and Ann.
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:10 am

I'm a member of the Green Party.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:45 am

I want this country led by the best person for the times in which they lead. Best person. Period. There are qualifications for office. The best person who meets those qualifications is what I want to see in office. I am thrilled that President Obama has a mixed heritage that gives hope to so many qualified and talented people that their dreams may be fulfilled. We needed that inspiration with so many talented people whose gender, race or religion might have discouraged them in the past.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:47 am

I belong to no party. I agree wih the views of DK and Ann. I would like to see Obama win again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:27 am

5/3/2011

I want to see a lady for once as President..

Maybe " Hillary Clinton "

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:40 am

She is doing a good job where she is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:55 pm

I am just plain Independent. I try to vote for the person who most reflects my interests, and has experience, regardless of party. But I am for term limits, so where does the experience come from?

Everything mentioned here has merit,and I am sure there are those who can produce favorable results. It's just a matter of weeding out the ones who don't live up to their promises, or even try.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:05 pm

The only job I know of that doesn't require job experience is the Office of the President. The only one who can claim prior experience is the person running for a second term. I think a third and even a fourth term would allow us to keep a good person with experience in the job.

The first four years are a learning experience. As soon as the President learns his job, he is out. Doesn't make sense. On the other hand, keeping an idiot (I refrain from using names) on the job is the ever present danger, given the voting record of a certain party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?   ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ? Empty

Back to top Go down

ARE YOU DEMOCRAT ? REPUBLICAN ? LIBERAL ?
Page 1 of 1