Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?

Go down 
+3
alj
Abe F. March
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? Empty
PostSubject: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 am

4/4/2011

We'll their off and running, Obama announced he wants a 2nd term, would
you vote for him again ? ..... OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? 83899

Me, no. I don't think he's done enough, he bailed out banks and Corp.'s.

I would like to see someone else, maybe Hillary ?

Cheers..Joe...... OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? 925501
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:04 am

Don't know. I have to see the alternatives first. Sometimes it is good to go with a known quantity. Now if that person from Alaska decides to run, I'll run the other way.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:06 am

I would absolutely vote for him again. He inherited a mess, and has done his best with what was left to him after the damage of the past eight years. Take a look at what voting in the current congress has done. Isn't that enough to show we have to continue moving forward rather than taking another giant step backwards?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 am

4/4/2011

I would run, but I don't have the millions ! My platform is all
foreign aide has to stop ! Unless it's a severe emergency, we
only give money to certain countries because of politics. I
would create a two tax base , 10% and 25% , no deductions.
A health care where people choose their own, no Gov. getting
in on it. Stop all nuclear reactors and use the sun as our source
of energy. With the stroke of a pen off shore drilling at once so
so we never ever have to depend on foreign oil! Anyone who makes
over $200,000- and that includes millions of dollars they have to
pay Social Security tax. An immediate increase for seniors with S.S.
15% retroactive for the past two years. a 15% tax on all goods
coming from China, we have to start " Made In America Again." If
any foreign country kills or tortures it's citizens, an embargo and all
assets are frozen. No getting into other countries wars ! Let their
people handle it, we can't afford it.. I'll be back with more..

Vote here......Joe Baraba Independent
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 am

Thank you Ann for voicing my opinion. Before President Obama entered office, he was saddled with much more than when he began his campaign. He has remained presidential, dignified and a man that I am proud to call the President of the United States. Perfect? We in this country have memory loss big time. He inherited the impossible: a mess!!! Then, it became worse not from his administration but in the world. He has had to not only overcome a very divided country, he has had to overcome the blatant and hidden prejudice toward his skin color. Oh, that's right. No one cares that he's black; they just continue to question his birth certificate and the hate mongers continue their lies on talk radio and hate commentary.

Ms. Palin is a total disgrace to the Republican party. I remember my dad saying he would vote for a dog so long as it was on the democratic ticket - anything was better than a Republican to a union man. Well, that's the mentality of the Palin supporters. She is total venom and negativity. Yeah, that's just what this country needs.

Right now the Republicans are "cutting budgets" in a time of national economic pain. They are "cutting budgets" on the backs of those least able to protest, the children, the elderly, the disabled - all the "slackers." They aren't cutting costs for those with perks and subsidies and tax breaks because they have lobbyists.

We need universal health care. The package we have is an improvement. Perfect? Of course not; what new legislation is perfect? The Republicans that have been elected into office are spending their energy in teardown mode, not build-up mode. The more power they have, the more this country goes backwards.

Remember, I am a Republican. I am a fiscal conservative who believes that from those who have much, much is expected in return. I don't believe in big government. I am also a realist: I have seen what hell corporate greed hath brought to the citizens of my United States and I am ashamed of the free market system. It takes people of integrity for a country to run on private enterprise. Integrity has been replaced with greed; those without lobbyists to protect their interests need government intervention.

Those who have their comforts just close their eyes to suffering. Walk over the homeless, the mentally incompetent, the starving children, the elderly who who can't pay for needed medicines and those who have worked their entire lives and contributed taxes to the benefit of everyone else and from the disastrous economy BEFORE President Obama, they are living in desperation - ignore these people and vote for the destructive party, the tear down people, the people who got us here and now we forget because in less than a term, the President did not fix the debt he inherited. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Wake up people; when a country is in a mess, it takes government intervention to fix it. It was the free reign of the Republican lobbyists and the corporate and global profit mongers who got us here.

I vote for a President in whom I can be proud, President Obama.

P.S. - Joe, I like some of the items on your list; I wonder, however, if you were 35 years old if you would feel the same about Social Security. All our views are colored by our personal experiences and needs. It's difficult to take a world view that recognizes our interdependence on all all nations and the environment that we have inherited as humanity.

The old Miss America joke about "world peace" is not a joke. The ramifications of wars throughout the world are far reaching in terms of human and natural resources. Just an end to wars and a better distribution of natural resources with a worldwide conservation effort would make a positive, economic difference. The world is too open to attempt an "America" policy. A world view is here to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 am

I like President Obama far too much to put him in hell for another four years,

These years are the best years of his life. Why should he waste his time and energy on ingrates? I will vote for no one.

I am through with politics.
It doesn't matter who we get, our country is over, finished, and done for.
People lie, cheat and steal.
The Presdient cannot fix that!
If we want things better we had better start with ourselves.

Joe,

The only way you could get what you want is to become a dictator. If President Obama were a dictator, he'd get more done, we don't want a dictator.

I am through with politics--sick of it all.

Final comment on it--for now--I hope!

Last edited by alice on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 am

I was a fiscally conservative Republican until 1992. I had listened to my father because I respected him. He connected fiscal responsibility with the Republican Party, and then, so did I. It took twelve years of Reaganomics going on at a time when I was going through a major life change.

I did not seek out the job assignment that was put in front of me in 1980, when I finished my education and truly started life as a working single parent. I had listened to my husband during the years I was married, and, as different as the two men were in other areas, my husband and my dad spoke with the same political voice.

And then I moved to Northwest Houston, where teacher salaries were higher, and where I had some degree of family support (My brother had recently moved to the area.) The first serious job opportunity I got came as a surprise. I had not planned on nor anticipated the possibility of teaching underprivileged students. My family did not approve, but, as I've said here before, I figured I could take one year of it, and by then be able to move on to something more suitable, but, again,as I've said before, by the end of that one year, my whole perspective had changed, although it would take a couple of elections for me to really "get" it.

I had to experience first hand how the economy was in no way "trickling down" to those who needed it most. I had to get to know those kids and their situations, and what made them tick, and how badly they wanted to be able to rise above the levels they lived at, and experience their drive to see and understand that they were not just lazy and indifferent; they just needed a chance to show what they could do and were more than willing to do.

George Herbert visited our campus one day during his term of office. I had met him several times before I became that single working parent - both my husband and me, through my father, and then, my husband as he continued to work for the man's political future. I did not expect to be recognized by him. It had been a long time earlier, and I had been living a very different life. What disillusioned me was his attitude toward the people he claimed to be honoring by his visit. He did not see people that day; he saw a means to an end.

So, for that and many other reasons, I decided, on that next election day, to put social issues above financial ones. And, lo and behold - over the next eight years I learned that the progressive view of government spending was not just about social responsibility, but about fiscal responsibility as well. I had bought the lie the conservatives had been expounding.

I could not believe how the American public was so willing to go backwards in 2000. It is still hard for me to accept.

It is not about personalities. It is about our responsibility as humans to look after each other, and those who do not have the opportunities that we have had. We have to continue moving forward, even when it means making the hard choices and giving up a little of our comforts.

Ann
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 am

Maybe in place of capital punishment, we could make the criminal President for a term.
Just the threat should scare most folks straight!

I like Ann's attitude.

Trickle down economics is a joke. Rich people know how to
pinch a penny until it screams.

I voted Republican until Bush, whom I voted for twice, made an unbelievable mess of this country.

I voted fot Pesident Obama and like him. He has been maligned, disrespected and mistreated non-stop.

All polling should cease. Commentary should cease. We are constantly bombarded with opinions.

Too many views.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Robert Reich is a genius He has experience in education, state affairs, economics, politics, and more. He speaks with facts. I cannot quote all I heard him say recently; but to summarize: the top 1% of the wealthy in this country have doubled their share of the wealth in the last 30 years. 90% of the country has remained at the basically same salary for the last 30 years (providing the profits to the upper 1% whose wealth and profits today is higher than ever before in the history of the country, over $1.8 trillion in CASH assets just sitting rather than being invested). The only members of the 90% who are holding their own in light of inflation are those where husband and wife both work. Others making it are working more hours than any other developed country in the world, averaging 14 hour days and including two and three different jobs. The housing boom was their last hope and it burst. Then, they were blamed for "living above their means" when they had already exhausted every other avenue to get ahead at all.

Instead of investing profits in business expansion and job opportunities; corporate greed has led to even highter corporate salaries, perks, bonus payments and lifestyles. This self-serving atmosphere of greed and excess creates an even greater divide between the haves and the have nots.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 pm

This bears repeating:
DK said
Quote :
Instead of investing profits in business expansion and job
opportunities; corporate greed has led to even higher corporate
salaries, perks, bonus payments and lifestyles. This self-serving
atmosphere of greed and excess creates an even greater divide between
the haves and the have nots.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

alj wrote:
This bears repeating:
DK said
Quote :
Instead of investing profits in business expansion and job
opportunities; corporate greed has led to even higher corporate
salaries, perks, bonus payments and lifestyles. This self-serving
atmosphere of greed and excess creates an even greater divide between
the haves and the have nots.

And it continues to get worse and worse. President Obama was against it, but the Republicans love it. They scream untiil they get their tax breaks.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:25 pm

4/4/2011

I think it's a disgrace when money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
buys you the position, Obama plans on raising 1 Billion Dollars
to run , I guess you can buy a position in this country, there
has to be a ceiling cap on money , in England they have so
much money to run and three months to run...We have to
change our laws and rules, running for President is like Gone
With The Wind part 20 !! It's " Boring and takes too long and
they start too soon..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Joe,

That is a bit much your source, please?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I will vote for Mr. Obama.
The people who want to change this country feel that their have no voice. As long as they believe they do not and decide not to vote, they do not. What more could the fat cats ask for? "Give it up. You have no chance of changing this country." That has been the message for years.

Protesting may be necessary, marching in the streets, speaking on corners and in public places.

I will vote. I do believe that the people do have a voice. Each of us does.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm

4/4/2011

Alice..

Here it is..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/04/barack-obama-to-run-money_n_844435.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2|54150

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:42 pm

The cost of running for office in this country is astronomical regardless of the party. As you well know, many millionaires fund their own campaigns. The governors of California, Michigan and Florida paid for their governorships from their own millions and are now destroying the lives of those less well financially established in this life. Now is not the time to cut; any economist knows that a sluggish economy requires public expenditures to shore it up when businesses refuse to invest in spite of having the $millions to do so.

President Obama needs to raise money to compete with the Republican hate machine that has taken control of the airways and blinded many average americans. He does not have personal millions. I am sure if the political system was different, he would gladly not spend his energy raising funds.

I heard a great idea. Television should refuse to run political campaign ads. Most of them are lies and half truths anyway. That would save $millions. An equal amount of television time would be distributed to each candidate as a public service with zero paid appearances. Right! What money grubbing television executive will settle for that loss of revenue. The political campaigns are cash cows to the media; they swim in money because we have such a lousy system.

Don't lay it on President Obama about how much he will spend to run. Of course he needs money to run. Otherwise, he will lose. Duh............ The governor of Florida spent several of his own $millions to buy his office.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank you, Joe.

I was hoping it would be FOX NEWS. I am disgusted. Too much money and time is spent on buying our votes.

This is much too soon to start the campaigns. They never really ended.
Then the amount of money to lie about each other is ridiculous.
There ought to he strict llimits.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

4/5/2011

I still think it's a disgrace ....For all you members and Obama
voters I have a bet to make..

I bet Obama will loose in 2012 , if I loose the bet you'll get
one of my acrylic paintings, photo enclosed. If I win I get to
choose what book you will buy me, are you game or chicken ?
I believe the new president will either be an independent or a
a woman ( I would welcome that )

Cheers..Joe
OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? 100_0410
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Okay, Jioe,

You got me back to voting. I will vote for Obama again. I don't want Palin or Hillary.

I do want your painting.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:42 pm

4/5/2011

Alice..

You have a bet !

1. Alice ........................Obama...Wins
2. Joe..........................Independent or a Woman..Wins

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:32 pm

lol! I will clear a place on my wall for the painting.
I will vote for Obama--at least I know he tried to do something, The
Republicans are history as far as I am concerned. I cannot abide them any longer.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 pm

4/5/2011

Alice..

I see everyone else is a chicken, no other bets !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:50 pm

alj wrote:
I could not believe how the American public was so willing to go backwards in 2000. It is still hard for me to accept.
They weren't. The will of the people was not served that year.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?   OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ? Empty

Back to top Go down

OBAMA RUNNING 2ND TERM - WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN ?
Page 1 of 1