Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Write4Love

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy Empty
PostSubject: Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy   Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Here is my book's official description:

Author Indigo Ocean began struggling with depression early in life, with her first suicide attempt at only 9 years of age. Through many years of spiritual study and practice she was able to transform a life of utter despair into a life guided and infused by the bliss of our true inner nature.

Being Bliss was inspired when the author received a false medical diagnosis that made her fear for her life. The clarity that she developed during the months it took to verify that she was not in fact imperiled was that if she was going to leave this world soon, she didn't want to leave without having shared the fruits of her own path of triumph over suffering with others.

Being Bliss is a book of stories and techniques that will help you learn from the author's experiences and professional psychotherapy training to see that: miracles do happen, no matter how bad things are you can change your life by changing your choices, and techniques for doing so can be easily learned and grown into skills.

Discover why reviewers have called this book, "... a strong, clear and inspiring testimonial," " ... pure and moving," and "on par with Cameron's The Artist's Way."

Don't wait another moment. Isn't it time you revealed your true nature?

-------------

You can find the paperback for sale at https://www.createspace.com/3576374 or the ebook at either http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BA52PI or http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/30008 (Priced at only @2.99!)

I hope you enjoy it! And of course, posted reviews on any site selling the book are not only welcomed, but GREATLY appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy   Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 pm

I love that word, "bliss." I use it from Joseph Campbell's perspective, that to achieve one's purpose in life, to find joy in living (pretty much the same thing) we need to "follow our bliss," as he puts it. In other words, to do the thing that makes your heart sing, even if it means following a different path from others in your culture or group.

How would you define "bliss"?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Write4Love

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy   Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your sweet message. Campbell's "The Power of Myth" was probably the very first book that set me on the road of healing.

At this point in my life, I would define Bliss as a natural state of being fully oneself. This can be framed outwardly in terms of what one is doing in the world, the path they are taking that makes them feel alive, but really I mean it in an internal way. The internal reality is what over time produces the external reality. The presence that is timeless, eternally now, is the space from which the path of blissful living is birthed. So my writing and personal focus is on tapping into that inner state.

Note that I say tapping into it, not creating it. You cannot create something that is eternal. It has always been and will always be. It waits only for us to recognize it and begin to identify with it as "I." Once our idea of who we are becomes this primordial/original self that is unfabricated, we are living as bliss. What that looks like will vary from person to person, as each of us is as original as a snowflake in how our human life is to express bliss. Bliss is the sun shining, and our lives are all the many displays of its beauty as it is reflected through an infinite number of unique prisms.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy   Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Quote :
You cannot create something that is eternal. It has always been and will
always be. It waits only for us to recognize it and begin to identify
with it as "I." Once our idea of who we are becomes this
primordial/original self that is unfabricated, we are living as bliss

Ooohh, yes!

Thank you, too.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy   Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy Empty

Back to top Go down

Being Bliss - a journey from despair to natural joy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Books-
Jump to: