Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

writers conferences

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smcseng

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-10-13

writers conferences  Empty
PostSubject: writers conferences    writers conferences  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 am

hello I live in the UK and am looking for writers conferences, can anyone tell me anything about them, I am looking for an agent and thought that it would be a good idea to meet them in person and pitch myself.

can anyone tell me where I can find information on when and where they are held in the UK and whether i need to pay etc, thanks
Back to top Go down
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: writers conferences    writers conferences  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:58 pm

The Writing Magazine, (available from W H Smith or by subscription from www.writingmagazine.co.uk) lists writing conferences and workshops. You don't mention which genre you write for but I do know the Romantic Novelists' Association has an annual conference, held in July. They also have a New Writers' Scheme which offers members a detailed critique of a completed manuscript as part of the membership fee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
smcseng

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: writers conferences    writers conferences  EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 pm

thanks for the information

i write childrens fantasy. does that help?

im just getting zero replies from agents and form letters. i want to meet new agents who might be more willing to give me the time of day or let me pitch in person, i think ill have a better chance that way
Back to top Go down
Jenny
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Jenny

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: writers conferences    writers conferences  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 am

Borrow a copy of the Writer's and Artitist's Year Book from your local library or purchase a copy. It lists hundreds of agents and details their submission requirements, ie., genre, query letter, synopsis and whether they require sample chapters. Most agents do not like to pitch to them personally UNLESS they specificialy request it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victoriahoward.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: writers conferences    writers conferences  Empty

Back to top Go down

writers conferences
Page 1 of 1