Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Henry VIII King of England and the Templars

Go down 
+4
dmondeo
Shelagh
alice
James
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2010-10-14

Henry VIII King of England and the Templars Empty
PostSubject: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 am

Nearly two hundred years separated the era of the Templars and the reign of Henry VIII King of England. But it was the work, the beliefs and the religion of the Templars that Thomas Cranmer, the Archbishop of Canterbury destroyed under an edict issued by Henry VIII.

The date was c1530's, and King Henry VIII was deeply involved in an intrigue shrouded scheme to become the supreme head of the Church in England

But here is where history goes wrong, for in the struggle for religious supremacy between Protestant and Catholic denominations, the contemporary Egyptian religion practiced by the Cistercian monastics and their constituencies throughout the UK and on the Continent is ignored.

Yet it was this religion that fostered the hatred held by Henry VIII and Thomas Cranmer, the Archbishop of Canterbury, that led to the destruction of over 800 monasteries throughout England and Wales

It also goes wrong in ignoring the Egyptian ghouls that stared down on all who walked the grounds of the monasteries. These ghouls served as a reminder of the world’s first set of "commandments." Better known as Negative Confessions, they come to us from the "Papyrus of Ani" in the "Book of the Dead."

I have not killed men
I have not robbed
I have not stolen
I have not told lies

Henry VIII had to destroy the (I have not) featured ghouls in order to establish the supremacy of a Christian church and the Biblical (Thou shalt not) commandments!

James
/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 am

First CNN , then Crop Circles, Earthquakes, now History--all wrong?

Come on--are you having fun yet? lol! lol! lol!

I thought Moses got the Ten Commandments from God when he was on Mt Sinai.
Henry the VIII was not God.
I know that much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:16 pm

alice
Quote :
I thought Moses got the Ten Commandments from God when he was on Mt Sinai. Henry the VIII was not God.

James) No Henry VIII is not God - but if you'd read before you leap - you’d have seen that Henry VIII had nothing to do with the "have nots." The error is yours! The (have nots) are over 4000 years old and are the ancient equivalent of the commandments

O Far-strider who came forth from Heliopolis, I have done no falsehood.
O Fire-embracer who came forth from Kheraha, I have not robbed.
O Nosey who came forth from Hermopolis, I have not been rapacious.
O Swallower of shades who came forth from the cavern, I have not stolen.
O Dangerous One who came forth from Rosetjau, I have not killed men.
O Double Lion who came forth from the sky, I have not destroyed food-supplies.
O Accuser who came forth from Wetjenet, I have not transgressed my nature, I have not washed out (the picture of) a god.
O Owner of horns who came forth from Asyut, I have not been voluble in speech.
http://www.philae.nu/akhet/Declaration.html

James
/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:23 pm

James wrote:
Henry VIII had to destroy the (I have not) featured ghouls in order to establish the supremacy of a Christian church and the Biblical (Thou shalt not) commandments!

James
/

Sorry, your writing was unclear to me.

Inasmuch as we cannot communicate, I will leave your thread. Enjoy...

Last edited by alice on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:36 pm

alice)
Quote :
Sorry your writing was unclear. Inasmuch as we cannot communicate, I will leave your thread. Enjoy...

James) I hope that readers of your book alice, will make a better effort to understand than you have here!

James
/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Well, James, you learn something new every day. I didn't reallise that you were so old. Only someone with firsthand knowledge can be relied upon to know the truth. It's easy to say that historians lie. Historical documents can be faked, false, inaccurate or downright incorrect.

If you asked members here to write down everything they had read, over the last few days, on the threads on this forum, they could not be relied upon to report accurately.

You can read David Starkey's review of Diarmaid MacCulloch's book, Thomas Cranmer: A Life, here:

http://reformationanglicanism.blogspot.com/2010/11/thomas-cranmer-burning-sincerity-by.html
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Shelagh
Quote :
Only someone with firsthand knowledge can be relied upon to know the truth.

James) That is the silliest most mis-informed statement I’ve ever heard. How many observers to an event would there be? A hundred?

Whoopee a hundred first hand statements - all of them the truth!

Nonsense

James
/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:38 pm

I am back briefly, since 100 first hand statements cannot possibly be true, how can we trust your one, not first hand, account?
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 pm

alice
Quote :
I am back briefly, since 100 first hand statements cannot possibly be true, how can we trust your one not firsthand account?

James) Read the history alice! It is all there, but it's in pieces. Some write of Henry VIII, some on the Egyptian presence in the UK, some on the Catholic Reformation and some on the Protestant. My interest is putting it all together

If you have doubts - please ask nicely - it beats being mean any day of the week

James
/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Telling me that I'm silly and misinformed is your way of being nice, James?
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 pm

This is a ghoul of Egyptian origin - it was carved on the corbel of a Scottish Romanesque church. There are two accompanying phrases from the (4500 year old) ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts that described its purpose

It was these (and the religion they represented) that led to the destruction of the monasteries c1530's

The Utterances read this way :: (an Utterance is like a numbered paragraph).

Quote :
Utterance 506 :: I am a living soul with bearded face, who endowed his head with divinity

Utterance 366 :: God they praise you lest you be far from them in your name of Sacred Beard
NOTE :: Observe how the head is built into the corbel to portray the image of He "who endowed his head with divinity"

Their ultimate meaning relates to the period when men wore beards as a sign of purity
/
Henry VIII King of England and the Templars 58261_1377557921539_1309605920_30896399_5058590_n

James
/
/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Shelagh wrote:
Telling me that I'm silly and misinformed is your way of being nice, James?

Is this teaching by example?

It reminds me of the mother crab who told her baby, "Walk with your legs straight."

The baby replied, "Please show me how."
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm

alice
Quote :
It reminds me of the mother crab

James) It reminds me that you have trouble understanding and you were going to leave the thread - if you intend to stay - why don't you concentrate on what's being offered?

James
/
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:18 am

James wrote:
This is a ghoul of Egyptian origin - it was carved on the corbel of a Scottish Romanesque church. There are two accompanying phrases from the (4500 year old) ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts that described its purpose

It was these (and the religion they represented) that led to the destruction of the monasteries c1530's

The Utterances read this way :: (an Utterance is like a numbered paragraph).

Quote :
Utterance 506 :: I am a living soul with bearded face, who endowed his head with divinity

Utterance 366 :: God they praise you lest you be far from them in your name of Sacred Beard
NOTE :: Observe how the head is built into the corbel to portray the image of He "who endowed his head with divinity"

Their ultimate meaning relates to the period when men wore beards as a sign of purity
/

James
/
/
Or the stone mason who had studied his trade just carved something his client had seen and liked with no special meaning intended or maybe the Mason had a free hand and used imagery he had seen before somewhere. No way to tell for sure James. It is all speculation you can't be certain.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:54 am

Here's a different interpretation:

http://www.beyond-the-pale.org.uk/zDalmeny.htm
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:49 am

The temptation to jump in on this thread is strong, but I'm trying to resist temptation, as in "lead us not into..."
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 am

Jump in, Abe, I have been booted off. lol!

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:18 am

James wrote:
alice)
Quote :
Sorry your writing was unclear. Inasmuch as we cannot communicate, I will leave your thread. Enjoy...

James) I hope that readers of your book alice, will make a better effort to understand than you have here!

James
/

Clearly you have not read Alice's book. If you had you would understand that her book was quite clear and accurate in its delivery of an important message. It was not about appearing to have some sort of higher knowledge to impart to us lesser ones.

The Templars were effectively destroyed between 1307 and 1312, by Phillip IV of France and Pope Clement V. They were a Christian Order with a military mission, and controlled a great deal of wealth, so once the Crusades were over, the Church and State had no need of them, and wanted their money, so they were disgraced and disbanded.

There is a connection between the Templars and the Masonic Order, which uses some Egyptian symbols, but not in the sense you seem to be using.

Henry VIII wanted the monasteries disbanded for similar reasons to that of Phillip, Clement, and the Templars. He wanted their money.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:10 am

Historians have underplayed the immensity of the destruction and hurt wrought upon the religious orders with the Dissolution of the Monasteries. It was not just the monasteries, but over 850 monastic houses (priories, convents and friaries) all across England, Wales and Ireland during the years 1536 to 1540(41)

One must ask - (rather than displacing the monks/nuns, the sisters, and friars) why did Henry VIII physically destroy the masonry structures?

What did they hold that couldn’t be removed - short of total destruction?

Here is a partial list with photographs of the remains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monasteries_dissolved_by_Henry_VIII_of_England
/
This photograph is Jervaulx Abbey, East Witton, North Yorkshire :: Cistercian (c1537)/
Henry VIII King of England and the Templars Jervaulx_Abbey%2C_geograph
/
James
/

Last edited by James on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:28 am

No one is disputing the extent of destruction done to the monasteries, or the amount of knowledge that was lost.

Lost.

Any speculation as to what knowledge is just that: speculation.

Henry III ruled from 1216 to 1272. Did you mean Henry VIII?

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:51 am

Hi Ann,

You might find this page about Dalmeny Church interesting reading:

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/queensferry/dalmenychurch/index.html

James,

Buildings have been razed to the ground and built upon ever since man started to build permanent structures. Jerusalem is one of the best examples:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Archaeology/jerdavid.html

The Babylonians, who destroyed Jeruslalem, suffered the same fate when Babylon was destroyed:

http://www.bible-history.com/babylonia/BabyloniaHistory_of_Babylonia.htm
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:56 am

alj
Quote :
Any speculation as to what knowledge is just that: speculation.

James) Speculation for you perhaps alj, but it is historical record! We learn by taking an interest and taking the time to read it.

Historians have underplayed the immensity of the destruction and hurt wrought upon the religious orders with the Dissolution of the Monasteries. It was not just the monasteries, but over 850 monastic houses (priories, convents and friaries) all across England, Wales and Ireland during the years 1536 to 1540(41)

One must ask - (rather than displacing the monks/nuns, the sisters, and friars) why did Henry VIII physically destroy the masonry structures?

What did they hold that couldn’t be removed - short of total destruction?

Here is a partial list with photographs of the remains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monasteries_dissolved_by_Henry_VIII_of_England
/
This photograph is Jervaulx Abbey, East Witton, North Yorkshire :: Cistercian (c1537)
/

/
Henry VIII King of England and the Templars Jervaulx_Abbey%2C_geograph
/
James
/
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:00 am

Thank you for your correction of Henry III to Henry VIII. I noticed that also.
Back to top Go down
James
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:09 am

Shelagh
Quote :
Buildings have been razed to the ground and built upon ever since man started to build permanent structures. Jerusalem is one of the best examples:

James) It seems you did not read what was posted or understand the intent. We're not talking just buildings Shelagh - we're talking of over 850 structures all done for a single purpose and under decree.

We're talking about the historians that ignored the corbel ghouls in order to re-write history to suit themselves

James
/
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:20 am

James wrote:
Shelagh
Quote :

James) It seems you did not read what was posted or understand the intent. We're not talking just buildings Shelagh - we're talking of over 850 structures all done for a single purpose and under decree.

We're talking about the historians that ignored the corbel ghouls in order to re-write history to suit themselves

James
/
No, James, that's what you are trying to do. You have ignored all the links I have provided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Henry VIII King of England and the Templars   Henry VIII King of England and the Templars Empty

Back to top Go down

Henry VIII King of England and the Templars
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next