Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

PA Television interview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PA Television interview Empty
PostSubject: PA Television interview    PA Television interview EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm sorry - this is just too much not to post it in warning. Anyone who posts to the PAMB please help anyone who might fall for this. For $49 you can buy a thin cam that newspaper reporters use to make television video (at Big Lots on sale today). You can practice with friends and post it yourself all over the internet. I'll interview you for $1500!!! This is just about the worst so far. I think you have to buy your books, too for this $1500 opportunity. You can post to lots of podcasts and Internet blog sites - oh, this is really the cake.

[size=9][size=9]Dear author:

Are you among the many authors who would love to be [size=12]interviewed about their book, but get nervous just thinking about it?

We can solve that. PublishAmerica will send a professional interviewer to your home who will let you tell your story on camera. They will spend hours with you until you get it right. You can be completely relaxed, knowing that the end result will be perfect.

Your interview will be posted on on multiple well-known sites, including YouTube, Metacafe and [size=9]DailyMotion, where it will be accessible to news reporters, publishing agents and Hollywood producers. We will inform 30,000 media contacts about your interview. You will also go on PublishAmerica TV![/size]

Go to http://www.publishamerica.net/product120691.html, and book your professional video interview now. Our introductory $1499 price covers everything, including our traveling to your home town. You must choose a shipping option to activate the booking. You will be contacted within 48 business hours to schedule your professional on-camera interview.

--PublishAmerica Author Support Team

[/size]
[/size]

[/size]
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: PA Television interview    PA Television interview EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Publish America TV? Is that on cable? I don't get cable, so I've missed it, along with Disney and the Sopranos.

eta -shipping option? I hope they send the interviewer Priority, with airholes punched in the box. lol.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: PA Television interview    PA Television interview EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 pm

10/26/2010

DK..

I always " DELETE," their e mails !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: PA Television interview    PA Television interview EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Can you imagine how successful they would be if they had put as much effort into helping their authors instead of using them?
They took my book from a retail price of $17.95 to $27.95. Now it is $32.95.
They promote a deal that if you buy "X" number of your book(s) they will provide "X" amount of free copies. Why would an author buy a book from their publisher at an inflated retail price to get a free copy? On multiple copy purchases, shipping is calculated at an inflated per book shipping rate. Even when the deal looks interesting, the shipping kills it. They insult the intelligence of the author.

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: PA Television interview    PA Television interview EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:36 am

I really don't want to rag on them because I did well from my association with PA intitially; I would still consider them for a book with a minimal audience because the quality was great.

However, I remember being eager and vulnerable and caught up in the mystique of authorship: it's not a time of wise financial decisions.

Therefore, the "buyer beware" label is very critical for the new author. There are so many scams from publicity firms to advertising that it's a tough place to navigate with that first or second book.

The only advertising I have found productive is the one I mentioned: $15 to have a listing plus first chapter in Reader View's "First Chapters Plus." However, the ezine offers much higher priced advertising as well.

Joe, I don't "delete" because I still want some more hard copies of Arirang: The Bamboo Connection. I lucked into one deal that added up to $14.95 with shipping - haven't seen one like it since. The dust jacket left something to be desired - a little off center - but the quality of the hard cover was great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PA Television interview    PA Television interview Empty

Back to top Go down

PA Television interview
Page 1 of 1