Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Uploaded the files!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Uploaded the files! Empty
PostSubject: Uploaded the files!   Uploaded the files! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:37 pm

I finished reviewing the copyedited chapters, made final changes to them and the illustrations, and uploaded everything to the publisher website. Away they now go to pagination. I've been told I can't make any more changes at this point, so aside from looking over the pages when they're returned, I'm done with this text.

Throughout the process it has occurred to me how strange it is to peck out words and images that exist only as sparkly bits on a portable drive. A drive that I've tossed in my briefcase and carried around. Nothing was put to hard paper with a pen, ever. Yet this air, this pixie dust, will eventually be turned into a hard copy book.

Anyone else find that kind of magical?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Uploaded the files!   Uploaded the files! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 pm

My first flash drive was magical. They still are; I carry them around like precious jewely in a jewelry bag.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Uploaded the files!   Uploaded the files! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Jewelry, what a great way to describe it! I think a silver or gold charm bracelet of miniature flash drives, CDs, hard drives, etc., would be very cool.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Uploaded the files!   Uploaded the files! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:29 pm

I have a thumb drive that contains all my work, text and software, that I generated since the mid-80s. The drive is just for backup. It is indeed the size of my thumb. And I have small hands.

And there's lots of room for more.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Uploaded the files!   Uploaded the files! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm

I have about a dozen, each with some stuff....I need to organize them better by far. They probably will all fit on one.

I've been transferring floppy's to a flashdrive (my word for thumb drive) and am amazed as the floppy's pile and the drive keeps humming.

LC, I think you have an idea whose time has come: flash drives as jewelry, encrusted with jewels in siver and gold...hurry up and patent it. There are jeweled cases (diamonds and pretend diamonds) for cell phones....and I think Ipads too.

I had a tiny drive that almost disappeared in the USB slot. That would hang as a charm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uploaded the files!   Uploaded the files! Empty

Back to top Go down

Uploaded the files!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: