Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Disney Pet Resort

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:22 pm

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/06/28/luxury-resort-for-pets-opens-at-disney-world/

Doggy VIP suites with TV and raised bedding? Tell me about this "recession." lol
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 pm

The recession is selective.
Undertakers are still in business.

The news media is still whinging loudly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:26 pm

The super rich and their pets are hardly affected

I live in an island community of two gigantic but miniature halves. Fisherman, farmers and their families in the middle, a private jet port one side and the estates of the super rich the other. They land in their private jets from Europe and drive across the island to their incredible villas. The recession and the people living here they hardly notice.

Materially one set have everything, the other almost nothing. But don’t worry because spiritually and emotionally the locals have almost everything. I know which half of the island I would belong to. By the way, Dengue fever is still here. The Government sent a big fogger over from the main island and it’s been driving up and down producing big clouds to kill the vector.

Last week there was a murder in a community of way less than 2,000. On Sunday my youngest daughter had here first communion at the tiny catholic church. Eight young girls and two boys sat in the front rows, the elderly priest guided them beautifully. The new gate stopped the goats and chickens from entering the church the priest prayed for the young women who with her hands took the life of her partner by stabbing him in the neck.

Truth is more incredible than fiction.
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:33 pm

By the way, I witnessed a reverse miracle at Disney land/world Florida. A line of people upright and walking, queuing to rent electric wheelchairs in order to tour the park. Like I say truth is more incredible than fiction.

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:55 am

Pet hotels, private jets, gated communities, bailouts for banks too big to fail. Of course there are some who don't have to deal with the realities of recession. The grandiosity of their lives polarized against the extreme poverty of too many people around the world in places we choose to exclude from our consciousness, reinforcing our borders to keep reality away.

"The Masque of the Red Death"

Like Poe's Prince Prospero and his court, we hold masked balls and dance and play, in complete denial of the reality going on outside our little worlds.

John Donne: "Every man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind."

James Russell Lowell: "If there breathe on earth a slave,/
Are ye truly free and brave?"

Remember Horton Hears a Who?

I read an article in an old Norton Reader, explaining the consciousness of plants, so even vegetarians don't get out of the Native American concept that life feeds on life, and we are part of that cycle. In order for us to continue living, something has to die.

We are all interconnected, a part of this organism we call Earth. We cannot isolate ourselves from the rest of the world and survive, because the survival of the world depends on us recognizing and acting out of that connection.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 pm

More on this "recession"

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/06/30/pew.recession.economy.study/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

Quote :
More than 55 percent of adults in the U.S. labor force are feeling the impact of
unemployment or wage and work hour reductions since the economic
downturn began 2 ½ years ago...

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Ann,

A no-win situation. With an aging population, contracting job market, etc. I think our way of life has changed forever.

We well may have to adjust our view of unemployment.

there are many fine workers competng for jobs. There are not enough jobs to accomodate everyone.

My nephew is over 50 and laid off. He is probalby through, as an engineer. Luckily his kids were about through college before it happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

Disney Pet Resort Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney Pet Resort   Disney Pet Resort Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney Pet Resort
Page 1 of 1