Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Family Love Story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

A Family Love Story Empty
PostSubject: A Family Love Story   A Family Love Story EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Many of you may remember some of my posts about my late uncles who fought in WWII. I sometimes think of them now, sitting somewhere and sharing stories with our Dick.

Just now, I added three more pictures to my photo gallery here on this
forum. I came across them today while I was reconnecting with my
cousins on Facebook. One is of Uncle Feagin in his Marine uniform; another
is my dad's cousin, Norma, and the last is my Uncle Tom.

Tom was the oldest. A writer and artist before the war, he had the most glamorous war experience. He was an aerial photographer serving in Alaska, and often took photos of the stars who came to the base with USO shows - celebrities from Ingrid Bergman ( his favorite) to Errol Flynn and Yasha Heifetz. He even had proofs of Ingrid Bergman with little personal notes from her on the back.

Feagin was next in age. He enlisted in the Marines, and was sent to Quantico for officer training before going to the eastern front. He would send back funny letters from places like Iwo Jima.

Tom got home first, and soon met my dad's cousin and fell totally in love with her from the first day he saw her. Norma enjoyed Tom's company, and went out with him several times, well, at least, before Feagin came home a few months later. Norma took one look at her new boyfriend's younger brother, and was lost. She liked Tom, but she wanted Feagin, who resisted her at first, but eventually admitted that he was in love with her, too.

Tom saw it was hopeless and backed away. On the night of Feagin's and Norma's wedding, Tom stayed in his garage apartment behind my parent's house. Mom noticed that the light stayed on all night long. The next morning, concerned, she knocked on his door, and he let her in. On an easel in the middle of the room was a large painting of Norma, leaning against an arch at her great aunt's home, her dark hair long, and a bright blue sky in the background. He had stayed up all night painting it.

Tom worked as a photographer while he continued to paint and write novels that were never published, even though they were very well written. He did not marry until he was in his late thirties. His wife, Thelma was just eighteen at the time. She looked a lot like Norma had looked at that age. He loved her very much and they had three beautiful children, including the daughter whom I came across on Facebook just yesterday, and who led me to more of our cousins and the photos.

The picture of Norma I added to the gallery is a photo of that painting.

Give them a look.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: A Family Love Story   A Family Love Story EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Beautiful picture and love story.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: A Family Love Story   A Family Love Story EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 pm

I share Carol's feeling. Excellent material especially since it's true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Family Love Story   A Family Love Story Empty

Back to top Go down

A Family Love Story
Page 1 of 1