Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What's your favorite movie?

Go down 
+5
alj
joefrank
LC
Carlisle1659
vampireheartauthor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

What's your favorite movie? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 am

My favorite movie(s) are probably...The Pirates of the Caribbean, Avatar, The Three Stooges (definatly), Robin Hood Men in Tights, and Alice in Wonderland (with Johny Depp). And many more...

What's your favorite movie? ThreeStooges-749496

Last edited by vampireheartauthor on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carlisle1659
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Carlisle1659

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:37 am

mine are V for Vendetta, Shaun of the dead, interview with the Vampire, and the underworld films
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:54 am

I've got Interview with the Vampire. That's a good movie, too. Although I haven't seen the whole movie. And isn't V for Vendetta a sci-fi movie where this guy was in like, a scientific experiament? And whenever he would kill someone he would leave a rare red rose? And wouldn't he kill them with some sort of posion? I had to watch that in english class once. It was weird but good.
What's your favorite movie? Hugo-weaving-v-for-vendetta
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 am

Half Moon Street and The Fifth Element.

Come to think of it, those are about the only movies I've seen, at least the whole way through. I don't have the patience for most movies, esp. "action thrillers" which are 90% loud noises and special effects.

The Three Stooges rule.
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:23 am

I have to agree with you there on the Stooges. I have all of their "flicks." What's your favorite movie? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:05 pm

6/14/2010

Many of the old Hollywood Films, 1930's,
1940's and 1950's too many to name here.
They had talent and class in those days,
compared to today, pure trash, no talents..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:58 pm

What's your favorite movie? 1737-36W

http://www.audiemurphy.com/mov_1737/p17_1737.htm

Quote :
A MYTH IN ACTION:The Heroic Life of Audie Murphy
by
Ann Levingston Joiner

Preface

The year was 1953. I sat in an old movie theater, clutching my bag of popcorn, watching a young man astride a gangly nag of a horse climb a Technicolor cliff. Near the top, the young man turned to look behind him and saw the sheriff who had been chasing him fall onto a dry water hole. The young man knew, as we in the audience knew, that without help, the sheriff would soon die of thirst. The young man looked ahead again, to his freedom and the chance to prove he was innocent of the charges that had led to this chase, hesitated, and finally saying, “I just ain't got the sense I was born with,” returned to the dry hole and saved the sheriff, putting his own future in jeopardy. In doing so, he stumbled onto a solution that would not only save himself, but lead to a “treasure” that would restore prosperity to his whole community, and, of course, he got the girl. In those moments in that dark theater, my own personal concept of the term “hero” was born. I was ten years old. The name of the movie was “Tumbleweed.” The actor's name was Audie Murphy.

This is the hero's cycle at its best. The hero sets out on his adventure, crossing the threshold into the dark side of the journey as the wagon train he is guiding is attacked by Yaquis. Although he does his best, he is wrongly accused of desertion, and sets off across a desert wilderness to prove his innocence. In spite of his naivete, or perhaps because of it, he is eventually able to succeed, save the day, and gain the love of the goddess. He is Percival, moved to the old west.

I have had lots of other favorite movies since, but this is the one that set the stage for me.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Ok,
I am an old bat.

Off the top of my memory head and not any any order.

Finding Nemo, The March of the Penquins, Alice in Wonderland, Land Before Time, The Rescuers Down Under, Those moves with Ida Lupino, The African Queen, The Sound of Music, and George C. Scott as Schooge. Jack Palance in Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde, Motel Hell, Dances With Wolves, ..........

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Ahh, Dances with Wolves. Betty, have you seen Avatar? I'm not sure it was up to its hype, but it was still very good, I thought.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Dear Ann,
I am a boonie child. Going to a movie involves hours, driving and viewing. David and I are too tired to go and neither one of us can see at night to drive. We go to bed no later than nine because of getting up at 4.

I used to watch the old movies when they came on at 1:00. Audie was there, Bette Davis, Garbo. Somehow life has gotten too busy to take that time to watch. A loss. Well, that, and television channels have gotten so many that I have no idea what is on and when.

I must say that I am done with canning tomatoes and corn and green beans and carrots, and beans of all kinds, freezing brocolli, peppers, spinach, collards, mustards and chard and beets for this year. I began to feel a little mentally ill about it. I have begged people to take tomatoes. No one cans things any more.

I feel like a dinosaur.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Gone With The Wind;The Mosquito Coast; The African Queen; Dances With Wolves (and its sci fi version: Avatar); and recently to shocking and edge of the seat murder mysteries, The Secret is in the Eyes (Argentina) and The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo (Swedish). The last two I just saw, so spell-binding that the sub-titles disappear. Both had some graphic scenes, however, especially The Girl with The Dragon Tatoo, that were too graphic for my taste but necessary to understand the subsequent behavior of the characters. The authors of those latter two movies are true talents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:55 pm

We still can our veggies. Actually we make our own applesauce, too. It's the best. Literraly.
What's your favorite movie? Captain_jack_sparrow

My favorite actor...
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 6:58 pm

I haven't seen Alice in Wonderland yet. Is he as wonderful as usual?

Ann
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah. Pretty much. What's your favorite movie? Icon_smile It was a good movie. His mad hatter character will never be as "wonderful" as Jack Sparrow or his character in Benny and June (or is it Betty and June; that's a good movie, too) but he was good as that character. But then again, it seems to me that Johny Depp seems to enjoy playing the more eccentric and fun characters. It suites him. What's your favorite movie? Lol

What's your favorite movie? Benny-and-joon_288x288
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:01 am

"The Assination of Jesse James." Based on a novel by Ron Hansed.(2007.)

The film was well done. What I love about the movie is the narration. The writer (Ron Hanson) put into words, what could not be put into the film in any other manner. The narration is simple, clear, and strong.

I recommend every writer see this film for the narration...it examples how strong simple words can be. It is a method of writing I have been weaving into my style for the last ten years.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am

Whoa! Domenic and I agree!

This has to be a first. What's your favorite movie? 467431
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:58 am

"Thunder Road"
"The Fabulous Baker Boys"
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Has anyone here seen the Twilight movies? Not that I'm a big fan of Twilight or anything really...What do you think about Twilight? I thought the books were kind of weird. I mean, how do you manage to break the head board of a bed while...well, you know... What's your favorite movie? Icon_lol So far I've only seen the first movie but don't really have much desire to see the second one.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Basically, I find vampire anything disgusting. However - I am a science fiction nut; so, if I regroup my thinking to think "wraith" in science fiction and then credit the first of the twilight movies for its excellent acting and creative story, well, it wasn't half bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Yeah. I agree with you that the creativness was there. But the story line was kind of weird...eccentric...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite movie?   What's your favorite movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite movie?
Page 1 of 1