Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

School's out, woohoo!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

School's out, woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Got all my grades in and now I have three months to do whatever I want!

What's everyone's plans for the summer?
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:07 am

We are going down to Grenada and Tobago for a few weeks in August. Otherwise, my summer is spoken for. I’m pushing to get this book finished (I should have it done by the end of June). It’s a big book and a bit off my usual subject and I really want to get it right. Then I have three new editions to complete by September and a new book to start.

If anyone’s interested I need some test guinea pigs to complete a questionnaire (it comprises 108 questions) in return I will score it and provide an analysis of your interests/ motivations and a list of over 100 careers ideas. All I then ask is that you tell me if the analysis was insightful and the career ideas fitting.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:29 am

No more teacher's dirty looks.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:15 am

Mike, are all your books basically on the same subject? How does that work? Don't they compete with each other?

Lin -I only give dirty looks when someone's cellphone goes off repeatedly in class. Smile
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:28 am

Oh, you have my permission to give them a dirty kick in the butt for that.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:28 am

We ain't got no class
We aint' got no principles
Schools out for the summer!

Alice Cooper
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:30 am

Time to play golf then, said Alice.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:42 am

lin wrote:
We ain't got no class
We aint' got no principles
Schools out for the summer!

Alice Cooper

Yeah, I remember that song. I hope he's still not painting his face and singing that. Kinda old... of course, it hasn't stopped Madonna. She's really getting gross.
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:50 am

The psychometric market has loads of niches so the books don’t compete with each other. 1. Books linked to particular courses or careers, LSAT, GMAT, UKCAT, national fire-fighter exams etc. 2. Books on specific sub-tests that make up one of the big general assessments e.g. personality questionnaires, verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, diagrammatic reasoning and so on. 3. Big general books covering loads of types of test. 4. Books that are diagnostic rather than help for a test used for selective purposes. 5. Books for leisure or mind exercises

I’ll stop there because I can see your eyes are glazing over.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:55 am

Twenty twenty vision.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Dear LC,
If I did not have stuff to do, I would not know how to live. I am into the canning mode right now, for tomatoes...stewed with onions celery, peppers, garlic and herbs...tomatoes with green chili, onion, and garlic....tomatoes with jalapeno, garlic, onion and long green peppers, tomatoes plain in their own juice. I grow all this stuff and it has to be dealt with. We are close to self sufficient.

I refuse to eat our chickens. Herminie and Flo have hatched six little darling chicks this day. What lovelies the are. All so small and intent. Moms are talking in whispers to each of them. Life is a miracle.

To answer your question about what I do in the summer, I do what I do every day of the year. It is not a vacation from anything that I do, do. Only hotter. I would not change it. If I did not have stuff to do, I would dream up stuff to do.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School's out, woohoo!   School's out, woohoo! Empty

Back to top Go down

School's out, woohoo!
Page 1 of 1