Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

20/20

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

20/20 Empty
PostSubject: 20/20   20/20 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm

For the first time in my life, i can see 20/20, at least for distance. Close up is reading glasses.

I think back to my early blind days when I ran willy nilly into trees and got bumps on my head, and the teacher, Miss Hart, my fourth grade teacher, who took me for my first glasses and paid for them herself. She would copy everything that she had written on the black board into a note book for me to take home and read up close. There are people who make a difference in a life. She did.

I was telling this eye doctor this day about Miss Hart and how she had helped me.

He said that little children told him that they never knew that trees had leaves. They saw them as big green blobs out there. I saw them that way, too. God bless Miss Hart.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

20/20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20/20   20/20 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:01 am

Your Miss Hart could not have had a better name.

My eye sight was 20/20 but chickenpox took the vision from one eye when I was aged 9 and so it became 20/all blurred. Recently I have needed reading glasses.

I think it is better to go from poor sight to 20/20 than the other way around. Friends who enjoyed a faultless childhood find it hard to take the knocks and failures of adult life. A less than perfect start can get better and when it does we really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

20/20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20/20   20/20 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Dear Mike,
Chicken pox comes back in lots of ways. Epstein-Barrs virus, shingles and other things. Now they have a shot for the prevention.

Back in the days of my childhood, the school system did all the innocultions on schedule. It changed the health of the world, from polio to whooping cough, diptheria and typhoid and smallpox. No matter how poor you were, you got the shots.

The US has changed since then. Now, all is controlled by insurance companies.

I remember so far ago that insurance was a new thing for just the well to do to purchase. What power they have now.

I am glad to see. You are right about Miss Hart. I will never forget her. I have a feeling that you make a difference for the people in your life, too. It takes those small, small acts of kindness and love to change this world.

That is what Wooffer is all about. He is my voice.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

20/20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20/20   20/20 Empty

Back to top Go down

20/20
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-