Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Cycles of Creativity

Go down 
+6
lin
mike bryon
Abe F. March
Shelagh
Carol Troestler
alj
10 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

The Cycles of Creativity Empty
PostSubject: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:25 am

Quote :
We are creative beings. We live in a creative universe. Creativity surrounds us, and is in us – in all of us, not just the gifted few. Although at its core, creativity is a mystery, the creative process is knowable, and we can use it as a template for living a more fulfilling, aware, meaningful life. If allowed, the cycles of creativity become the enduring flow of our lives, bringing with them the freedom to live life sourced from our passions instead of our fears – from our life’s true purpose rather than from our ego’s vision of security and prosperity.

Just finished reading "The Cycles of Creativity: A guide for Inner Healing and Growth," by Emily Hanlon.

It's another look at the process of creating, not just writing, but any project our imagination might dream up.

http://www.soulfulliving.com/cycles-creative.htm

Hanlon: "You are a creative being
whose birth right is a life sourced from the creative flow."

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Denim Du

PostSubject: Inner Growth   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 am

Ann-you need some inner growth. Learn to treat people with respect and act your age! You're a poor example of teaching others. I guess this goes to show us what kind of people are teaching our children in this world today, the kind of people who are uncaring, mocking, and deliberately mean spirited to others.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:55 am

I don't think you know Ann very well. She is kind, respectful, caring and very intelligent. Perhaps she is some sort of threat to you? Sometimes it is difficult to be interested in books, the world, creativity, writing and a zillion other things. I have never felt inferior to her. He posts are about sharing interesting subjects.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Denim Du

PostSubject: Yeah Right   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am

I think I know her pretty darn well, thanks. She, as well as Alice, Lin, and a few others are the bad seeds of this board. They are the reason why this board will never be anymore than a clique board for failed PublishAmerica writers.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:13 am

Carol, thank you for your support. I wouldn't worry, though, about the words of this guest. S/he does not define reality for anyone other than hi/rself.

More from Ms. Hanlon:

Quote :
Babies and children hear the song of their soul. They live in the moment and find the world to be a place of wonder and delight. As we grow up, most of us lose this connection. The outer world becomes the greater and, for some people, the only reality. When we close the door on our inner lives and deep connection to soul, our world grows smaller. Our capacity for wonder, joy and compassion diminishes exponentially. Instead of our lives, on a day to day basis, being a creative adventure, we fall victim to our woundings and the song of the soul is drowned out by the neurotic fears, needs and judgments of the ego.

You see this in people who are terminally bitter, angry and judgmental. They go through life so barbed, you find yourself avoiding them as if they had the plague. There are others,few indeed, who maneuver life’s ups and down with enviable equanimity. They know what is important to them and they don’t have to prove anything to anyone. They smile frequently. In fact, just being near them makes you feel better.

And This:
Quote :
No one holds the key to your freedom and your awakening; no one but you can hear the song of your soul – not religious leaders, not teachers, not best friends or lovers, not books, not meditation. These can be pointers and light shedders, but the journey is yours. And this is the good news! Because if someone could give you the key to your true freedom, if someone else could define who you truly are, they could take it away.

It was Eleanor Roosevelt who said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” This is a powerfully creative observation, one that most minds find difficult to embrace.

Perhaps our guest can learn something from reading.

Ann
Back to top Go down
DenimDug

PostSubject: Yes you are bitter   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 am

But just how bitter are you?

Quotes from ALJ (who believes everyone else is bitter):

I think there are a few disgruntled wannabees out there who have developed some severe cases of DID. Why don't we just let them play with themselves.
(So this isn't sarcastic)

AW doesn't allow its members to stray from the PAMB, so their banned members have to find something to occupy their time.
(Tsk Tsk, bad mouthing other forums now)

Diversity and discussion is good for any group, especially an online forum. Those who come to disrupt eventually show themselves as they are.

It's difficult. Close-minded people see a different reality, where right and wrong are polar opposites and the "right" must be upheld. Open-minded people are just that - open, so they do not wish to stifle or reject the opinions of others.

The question becomes, where and how do we draw the line? At the moment, we are dealing with a few who have clearly crossed the line. We have to address that, but I agree that it will settle down soon, and we will return to a relatively peaceful place where dissension can be accepted with mutual respect.
(If it's so good for forums to have diversity and differing opinions, why do you and your clique run off the few people who have different opinions because you dislike their view)

I first encountered this individual on AS, during the AW bombardment. At the time, there was an arbitration pending with PA, having to do with the belief that PA owed more money to the person than they were paying. The individual lost the case. Arrival here coincided with that AW invasion here, which was so well handled by our fearless leader. I really believed this person stayed on because of the reception here, and the ideas we all espouse. I was proved wrong, and that hurts. I had to explain to this person where my loyalties lay, and why, but I still did not realize just how deep the resentment lay until now.
(WOW, you have a leader! Too bad you let her decide on who and what you should like or believe.)

Sometimes it seems we are making a little headway with some people, getting to a place of mutual respect, only to have them suddenly do a total 180, for no discernible reason.
(You mean you can't make someone believe what you want them to, why not?)

I like this. As members we can use the chatterbox for both serious and frivolous conversations, and just be ourselves without worrying about any public impact.
(What, like reality)

I stopped posting on the writing forums because they always seemed to lead to unsolvable arguments. Open discussion over differences of opinion, I think, is a good thing. When we are open minded, we can learn a lot from each other, But when someone insists that there way is the only way to do something, and become insulting when a differing opinion is offered, things get polarized and no real communication can take place.
(You mean you couldn't tell them how PA was anything other than a vanity publisher)

Good discussions nearly always go off into new directions; We are not always going to agree, but we can be accepting of each others differences, and realize that it takes a lot of different personalities to make a good group.
(Are you serious right now or just joshing us)

It seems that even broaching the subject brings up animosity. I wish we could find a way to respect differing opinions, perceptions, and perspectives so that we could be a genuine help to each other as writers. But there's no point in empty bickering.
(NO, You don't say)

Just me,

Ann

(Yes, it sure is you Ann)
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 am

I rest my case. The Cycles of Creativity Icon_biggrin

Ann
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 am

See Lin,

I told you that I allowed them their blog to stop them coming onto the forum to post. I will stop guests from posting and DenimDug can return to the blog.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am

To repeat myself, I don't think anyone should make a post without identification.

According to definition, a guest is someone who is invited. As long as there is an open invitation to unknowns, there will be people dropping by to cause trouble.
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 am

But Denim Dung, In no way do these quotes support your perverse views.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:15 pm

mike bryon wrote:
But Denim Dung, In no way do these quotes support your perverse views.

I agree, and have no problem with them, personally, whether they stay or go. They merely serve to back up the quotations from the Hanlon essay.

Ann
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Very few forums allow unregistered posts like that, Shelagh. Or have a record of not banning people.

They want to change that. Might not be a bad idea to do so, though.

When my forum in Mazatlan was attacked (was actually REMOVED twice, followed by incessant post attacks) I retrenched my philosophy several times before finding a balance of free expression and defense.

Another solution, I guess would be for everybody just to ignore these jerk "guests". Just delete the posts and let them sink without a trace.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:58 pm

I am so sorry, Ann. You do not deserve this. I wish my children could have had you for a teacher. I wish you had been on the faculty that I chaired the board for.

You are a wonderful friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Dear Ann,
Pay no attention to this idiot. I agree with Lin and with Alice and Abe. What crap!

Let them slither back to the blog that bubbled them up with all the stink that came with the bubbles. What a sump blog.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:28 pm

You lost me kid...is your name DenimDug, or Denim Du?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:34 pm

It seems this thread has caught the attention of the infamous bloggers. . I believe it was Marie who linked a comment to it. I've read her comment several times, but can find nothing in this thread that the rest of her= comment addresses. I'm not sure why she thought it was important. Curious, since our delightful denim guest seems to espouse their philosophy so completely

There are a few things I would point out.

I do not believe everyone is bitter. If Denim believes that the posts of mine that s/he copied indicate so, all I can say is that we do not share the same perceptions. I would not define myself as bitter.

Dictionary.com defines the word in several ways. Definition 5 seems closest to Ms. Hanlon's intended meaning:

Quote :
bit·ter–adjective

1. having a harsh, disagreeably acrid taste, like that of aspirin, quinine, wormwood, or aloes.
2. producing one of the four basic taste sensations; not sour, sweet, or salt.
3. hard to bear; grievous; distressful: a bitter sorrow.
4. causing pain; piercing; stinging: a bitter chill.
5. characterized by intense antagonism or hostility: bitter hatred.
6. hard to admit or accept: a bitter lesson.

—Synonyms
1. acrid, biting, distasteful. 3. distressing, poignant, painful. 4. fierce, cruel, ruthless, relentless. 6. biting, nipping. acrimonious, caustic, sardonic, scornful.

It seems to me that even a cursory reading of this thread will indicate clearly who, if anyone, is bitter, according to the above definition. And it does not apply, to my mind, to any member here who has been discussed on the blog, namely, Shelagh, Alice, myself, lin, and lately, Betty.

As the OP here, while I understand that a good discussion often goes off topic and follows new tangents, I would hope that this one might return to its original intent, which was the discussion of the process of creativity as being oriented more to one's soul than one's ego.

Just a suggestion.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:49 pm

I think we should have a section for guest to post...but, only one section. Some good comes out of all bad. Let them speak, but keep them in a section that will not harm the forum as a writers forum.

Domenic
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 pm

3/23/2010

Dominic..

I agree with you, Shelagh should
be approached on this one, a board for guests
only....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:30 am

Domenic and Joe,

Great idea! Then when we re feeling mean and owly we can go to the guest forum and fight or watch the fight. What a deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cycles of Creativity   The Cycles of Creativity Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cycles of Creativity
Page 1 of 1