Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

For Carol and everyone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

For Carol and everyone Empty
PostSubject: For Carol and everyone   For Carol and everyone EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:10 pm

I've been enjoying a few synchronicities today, and they made me think of Carol, especially. I had been flipping the TV remote and came across the film, Field of Dreams. I remembered that, several months ago, I had been cyber-surfing, and came across a website that offered an audio download for free, and a little book to go with that you could order for a very low price (which I did order), called A Jungian Look at the Bible. Being interested in Jung and any symbolic approach to Biblical studies, I had downloaded it. I remembered tonight that the same site had offered a similar program having to do with Jungian symbols in that movie, Field of Dreams, so I looked up the site and downloaded a video - also free. It was apparently prepared for a writer's conference, and explored the symbolism in the film to a writer's "Transformational Journey," and Betty, it also made some references to Eliot's Four Quartets, especially that concept of the journey, "returning to the place where you started and knowing if for the first time."

This is a link to that free video download, which has some interesting comparisons, not only to the film, but to a baseball diamond as a mandala, and to the layout of the city of Washington, DC, as being similar to Jung's psychology of types, with the Capitol representing the SJ temperament, the Lincoln Memorial as NF, the White House as SP, and the Jefferson Memorial as NT. (For any of you who might be into Jung's types and/or the Myers-Briggs tests.)

https://www.wizardacademypress.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=67

Carol, As I watched the little 60 minute video, I kept thinking of you, and felt I really needed to share. I also thought of several other people here who might be intrigued, so I'm posting here.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

For Carol and everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Carol and everyone   For Carol and everyone EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 5:22 pm

I have kept the info and will be ordering the downloaded version. I love Meyers Briggs.

By the way I have a first cousin name Richard Grant, but I don't think he has a phd.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler

For Carol and everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: