Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Nothing much to say, just rambling away

Go down 
+3
alj
alice
Betty Fasig
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Nothing much to say, just rambling away Empty
PostSubject: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 pm

One day runs on into the next day and I suppose that is living life. As long as one is aware of the progress of the hours and that one day ends up with a new horizon and the sun coming up and new hope and a new chance at living one more day.
I wonder if new days become tiresome to some. Perhaps if they are wrapped around holding on to past stuff, it may be so.

Simple things make living and hoping go by day by day. I am thinking about boiling chicken thighs. I do it for my dogs to have the 'juice' and they are so happy about the addition to that dry stuff the stores pass off as food for dogs. I wish I had, in the beginning of their coming to grace my life, boiled chicken thighs and added the juice to their food. How happy they are for that littlie addition.

I think about pain. Not mine, but Carol's, and Alice's and how much Dick endured. My son in law had his knee replaced yesterday. What pain he has. It makes all the small aches I have just that, small.

I am glad that Alice has come back to the board. I miss E Don and Phill and some others.

Finally, I have this new computer so if someone puts up a youtube video, I can see it.

Carol, long ago, looked up my family and sent me a picture and the info about them. My computer since crashed. I wish I still had that stuff.

My sister, Nettie, whom I have not seen in 57 years, is coming to visit me on March 31. All of that visit can be credited to Carol 'Troestler's effort to find my family. Some of them, I am afraid of. hahahah.

I wish I had the pictures she sent to me to show my sister.

I guess the point of this whole post is that each person here has enhanced my life. Every single one. Shelagh with her lovely heart, Carol, Alice, Dick, E. Don, Phill, David Mondeo, Billy, Harry,
Lin, Lc, Joe Baraba, Abe, (God Bless Abe), Zada, Rhett and many more. Ann Joiner is my hero.

Like I said, I am rambling.

Tomorrow is a new day. I am always glad of that.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm

I forgot Diane Crhistianson. and lots of others. Sorry.

Love Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks for rambling!

I like you lots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Betty,

You are my hero. You do so much stuff for so many people and creatures. It has been about 15 months since my son-in-law's knee replacement. He is getting back to normal now, whatever normal might be for Jimmy. He dealt with that pain for a long time. he has developed an intense understanding for those who need special parking places and ramps. Carol would get that, too, I'll bet.

My arthritis gets to me these days. You may have noticed how often I start sentences with lower case letters, especially when the sentences begin with t's - I'm not sure why, except that my right pinky doesn't like stretching that little extra bit to the shift key. I try to catch them, but sometimes I don't. I am grateful for the red squiggly lines under the words I misspell from hitting the wrong keys. I get a kick out of seeing which mistakes they get decent corrections for, and those they don't, like just above when they knew I meant to type Carol instead of Cqrol. funny, they know that, but can't tell that when I typed whqt I meant what. (and f's are close, on the keyboard, to t's.)

None of us are as young as we used to be. Remember disco? There was a time when Bill and I could clear the floor and cause a circle to form around us. I had these bright red silk-on-silk evening pajamas. That was then.

I hope people - like and including E Don and Phil - come around now and then. Time accelerates as we get older. Missing peoploe we like is not a good thing.

If there is such a thing as re-incarnation, I think it would be cool to come back as one of Betty's animals.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:35 am

There is nothing wrong with rambling. I love your rambling, Betty. I am so glad you are going to meet your sister in person! I wish I could find that wonderful picture of your cousins at a reunion, quite a nice looking group of people, all having received the good family genes like you did, Betty.

I'd give an update on my condition if I had one. I've got another doctor appointment today. I had another x-ray on my leg yesterday. I am more mobile. I have a wheel chair but am getting around much better, have sent Tom out of the bathroom and taken back some privacy!! I had another treatment shot yesterday.

Wheel chairs are interesting. My husband says the sweater I have on must have gotten caught underneath as there are wheel chair tire tracks across the back. Wheel chairs are not exactly comfortable lounge chairs, but I am able to transfer to my comfortable couch.

And I am also finding getting out of myself, keeping up on what is going on with other people is a wonderful healing strategy! I am driving people a little ditzy though. Yesterday the nurse who gave me my shot had said she couldn't help me get up because she had broken her left wrist. So I went into a great deal of asking how she was doing and for her to be sure to take care of herself. Putting oneself first is a good thing, but also there are a lot of good things and people like you guys out there in the world, and getting out of myself is a very good thing.

Love ya. Carry on with the rambling.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:00 am

Carol Troestler wrote:
My husband says the sweater I have on must have gotten caught underneath as there are wheel chair tire tracks across the back.

Hope you weren't wearing it at the time ...lol
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:58 am

LC, very funny. No, I must not have been, but I am kind of loopy on meds.

I'm having an MRI tomorrow, an open MRI of my hip joint at a special place in Madison after a few meds to calm me down. The only problem is it is at 7:15.

Now I am going to take a nap. I have a great medical team, very caring, going into details about the mundane things of life we take for granted.

Later.

Don't anyone go away!!!

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:00 am

Carol,

What is an open MRI?
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:11 am

Rambling is good Betty but don't go in the forest the bears don't take kindly to ramblers.
They hate long conversations that go on and on and just prefer to eat.
So ramble safely. Take a picnic with you in case you get hungry.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:47 am

Supposedly they will NOT put my head in first, that it is open and will put my hip in. I am claustrophobic. Every quircky quality I have has come to the forefront, but with the help of meds they will be able to pretty much do what they want with my leg. They think it might be broken but cannot find the break through x-rays.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:48 am

I am claustrophobic too. You poor thing. You will be glad when the MRI is over.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 pm

I would be happy to ramble with you, Betty but my cup spilled over weeks ago. I am putting together a book of interviews from the Visual Arts Junction blog, and compiling the Christmas anthology. I am not short of anything to read! Luckily, so far, what I have read is very good and bodes well for the upcoming anthology.

Keep rambling and I'll try to keep up! Nothing much to say, just rambling away 985239
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing much to say, just rambling away   Nothing much to say, just rambling away Empty

Back to top Go down

Nothing much to say, just rambling away
Page 1 of 1