Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring Empty
PostSubject: New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring   New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am

For several years now, I've wanted to move my 2004 novel "The Sun Singer" from iUniverse to a traditional publisher.

There were a lot of reasons, but availability with standard discounts and ordering policies for book stores was one, and lowering the price was another.

I'm happy that Vanilla Heart Publishing, who published "Jock Stewart and the Missing Sea of Fire" in August, will bring out the new edition around March.

The cover art will change. The price will come down about $5. And the book will be available on Kindle, and on Smashwords in multiple e-book formats.

While the book doesn't mention Glacier National Park in Montana by name, that's where it's set. Since 2010 is the park's centennial, this is a great year to have new life for my five year-old novel.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662

PostSubject: Re: New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring   New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:28 am

Malcolm,

Should I save the review of your book until the new edition is out? I have been busy recently and not yet put pen to paper ... but I could certainly get something to you by next March.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring   New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Malcolm,
Is this new edition with changes to the story or just a new cover and publisher?

In any event, the book deserves promotion.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring   New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:39 pm

No problem, Shelagh. Thanks for reading it.

No change in the story, Abe. New cover, new publisher.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring   New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring Empty

Back to top Go down

New edition of 'The Sun Singer' coming next spring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Books-
Jump to: