Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Semmaste

POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT Empty
PostSubject: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:04 am

America the beautiful, home of the brave,
One Nation under God, marked upon their graves,
Our founding fathers built this land,
“In God We Trust,” they made their stand.

A nation built with strong convictions,
Free from British Rule,
“I Pledge Allegiance To The Flag,”
Was said in all our schools.

There was a time when we would pray,
After each and every meal,
Cite the Ten Commandments,
Let The Master do His Will!

“HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER,
THAT THY DAYS BE LONG AND STRONG,
LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YE LOVE THYSELF,”
Is sung within our songs.

A New Light shines upon us,
A Fire from down below,
Satan is spreading his political views,
Erasing all that we’ve come to know.

The prayers that once were said in schools,
Became “A Moment of Silence,”
The paddling we received from the Principal’s rule,
Has been replaced by murder and violence.

“SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD,”
Is Exactly what we have done,
Children running amuck and wild,
Shooting parents with their guns.

The Special Day we celebrate, each and every year,
The day in which our Savior was born, filled with joy and cheer,
Has become a day of infamy, a name we must not say,
Merry Christmas has been replaced, by Happy Holiday
s…
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:29 pm

I would disagree. All I live with these days is hope, and I see and live on lots of prayers.

Our school choir sang religious songs last week. They were beautiful and no one came and stopped them.

Our founding fathers' messages are still there in our documents, but they are slightly different than many realize. They spoke of a divine providence. That is what they believed was right for our country, getting away from social structures where rulers were considered deity, making sure our rulers were viewed as human, that the people knew there was a power greater than our rulers.

Those are is still in our documents and will always be there.

I have prayed in school and many other public places. Kids pray there all the time, but just not prayers commanded, their own prayers from their hearts and minds sent to our creator for guidance. When I was a teacher long ago I was told to say prayers and read the Bible before class, certain readings I would not have read if I had spoken from my heart rather than what I was commanded to speak. To me, that was not freedom of religion, and I am very religious and spiritual.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:22 pm

I am very pro seperation of church and state. Prayer should not be mandated in schools; prayer, religion, and spirituality should be a personal choice, not something that's mandated. If kids want to pray in school let them pray, but prayer should not be forced. The kids that have "gone amuck" and shot their parents and classmates with guns are the rare exception, not the rule. It's just that cases like that tend to make the news, because like it or not, bad news sells. Strict discipline and corporal punishment will not automatically make things better; it will just put more pressure on kids and being under tremendous academic, social, and other pressures is in my opinion a major contributing cause to why kids "snap" and go crazy shooting up schools, ect. As a society we need to understand that putting too much pressure on our youth will have negative consequences. And one more thing, people pledge allegance to the flag and to their nation; has anyone considered the idea that we the people of the earth should pledge allegance to the universe and humanity in its totality.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Gordon said,

"has anyone considered the idea that we the people of the earth should pledge allegance to the universe and humanity in its totality."

Good idea. We are all stewards of the earth and need to reach out to others.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:29 pm

I'm in agreement with Gordon.
Being forced to do participate in a doctrine is unacceptable. Sitting in a class where various doctrines are discussed is educational.
I have known kids whose parents were preachers, become the worst in behavior. Perhaps it was rebellion. Being forced to go to church, to pray, to memorize scriptures along with the threat of hell fire for failure to comply is cause for resistance. Where is the free will?
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:08 am

Yes, it is true that kids need discipline, but like anything else going too far into the extreme is not good. If kids are too rectricted they tend to rebel and the more restricted they are the more likely they are to rebel. Coropral punishment only works because it teaches children to live in fear and behave themselves out of fear. Ultimately children should learn to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do, not because of fear of punishment. As a society we need to get away from a fear based culture, fear based religions, ect.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:45 am

Good post Gordon.

Freedom is freedom. It is not easy. There will always be those who take it to an extreme and hopefully they will be taken into account. There is little crime in some Communist countries, but I'll take freedom any day. It is all part of a balance, a difficult one we are all responsible for.

Carol
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:13 am

Everyone who has responded to our guest, Semmaste, has spoken well, I believe. Surely recent events are showing us that we can no longer think in terms of separate nations with different gods, but are all members of a universe guided by a single, Universal Intelligence, and that seeing ourselves as separate is where all our problems and wars are coming from.

Just me.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:14 pm

alj wrote:
Everyone who has responded to our guest, Semmaste, has spoken well, I believe. Surely recent events are showing us that we can no longer think in terms of separate nations with different gods, but are all members of a universe guided by a single, Universal Intelligence, and that seeing ourselves as separate is where all our problems and wars are coming from.

Just me.

Ann

This is true, we must begin to think of humanity and the world as a whole as opposed to seperate nations. We must begin to think of god as the totality rather than a man in the sky on a throne. The age of nations will eventually come to an end, but that isn't a bad thing, it just means that mankind has passed beyond that point in its evolution. Personally, I think we are beginning to come to the point where the age of nations has outlived its usefulness.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:57 pm

One of the neat things about pictures like this one is that you have to realize that there are no lines between nations. Such lines are artificial. they don't really exist.

POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT Earthrise

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT   POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT Empty

Back to top Go down

POLITICALLY CORRECT, MORALLY INEPT
Page 1 of 1