Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The World's Most Average Coat of Arms

Go down 
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

The World's Most Average Coat of Arms Empty
PostSubject: The World's Most Average Coat of Arms   The World's Most Average Coat of Arms EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:44 am

Most Average Coat of Arms
As a project, I decided to try to make the “world’s most average coat of arms.” I looked at numerous coats of arms on the internet and discovered that:
1: the most commonly used color was red. In fact, the color red could be found in approximately 70% of all coats of arms (Blue, the second most common color occurred on about 40% of coats of arms and all other colors occurred less than 40% of the time)
2: The metals (white and yellow) are just about evenly matched in use, though yellow is used slightly more (the difference is less than 10%).
3: Roughly 60% of coats of arms have at least one ordinary and the most common ordinary was the bend, occurring on 20 - 25% of all coats of arms.
4: The majority of coats of arms had at least one charge other than an ordinary or sub-ordinary and the most common charge was the lion, occurring on about 20% of shields (the cross and the star were a close second and third).
5: The majority of coats of arms had an undivided field and more than half had a color for the field rather than a metal.
6: The average coat of arms had three design elements (ordinaries, charges, field divisions, sub-ordinaries).
7: The majority of coats of arms had their charges on the field as opposed to on the ordinary of sub ordinary.
8: More than half the coats of arms consisted of only a single color and a single metal.
The design I came up with for the most average coat of arms is as follows:
ARMS: Gules, a bend between two lions rampant Or.
The World's Most Average Coat of Arms Averag10
Back to top Go down

The World's Most Average Coat of Arms
Page 1 of 1