Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

John from Cardiff

Go down 
+2
Shelagh
jck200
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jck200
One Star Member
One Star Member
jck200

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-16

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:08 am

Hi to all,

My books were published a few years back now and I have since moved on to songwriting and music but it is good to be among authors again.

In the main authors are a particularly pleasant and helpful bunch, probably due to the struggle new authors have to get noticed.

One thing I do know and that is Shelagh will run an excellent forum and that is why I joined this site.

speak soon,

john
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:26 am

Hi John

Welcome to the forum! Great to see you here! I will look forward to our chats! Very Happy

~Shelagh
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 376

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:42 am

Hi John, I went from songwriting to writing novels! Still have my acoustic guitar and will probably do a bit more with it when I get more time. Glad you're here.
Back to top Go down
jck200
One Star Member
One Star Member
jck200

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 10:07 am

Shelagh,

I am much calmer now about books but it was an experience finding out just how difficult it was to become a known author.

However working with musicians is sometimes a nightmare as well,lol.

john
Back to top Go down
jck200
One Star Member
One Star Member
jck200

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 am

Hi George,

Amazing how many people you meet who play guitar once you get involved with music, very much like writing a book when everyone seems to be writing one!

I have been teaching myself to strum these last months and get up and have a go at a jam session the band does, I am not much good and being on the mike in front of people is pretty daunting.

john
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 10:36 am

Hi John,

I'm scared of song writing because I can't carry a tune. (I'm still trying to figure out how to write novels.)

Nice to meet you here on the forum.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
jck200
One Star Member
One Star Member
jck200

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 11:00 am

Hi Malcom,

Having managed to get two books through the publishing nightmare I can assure you writing a song is a pushover.

What is difficult is getting good musicians interested in putting the right music to the song although having a broadcast quality cd done by a band at least I have that sorted now.

best wishes,

john
Back to top Go down
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 9:20 am

Hi John, welcome to the forum. It is good to have a musician here - I'm a drummer myself. Songwriting and narrative writing are very similar in my mind.
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
jck200
One Star Member
One Star Member
jck200

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 11:59 am

hi flash,

Well my songwriting is fine but I have a lot to learn about playing this guitar, tried drums once and boy does it hurt your foot!!!

You are probably right that authors would have a head start putting lyrics together.

regards from john
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 8:18 am

Hi John, and welcome. I am a little late, but the wishes are the same. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
jck200
One Star Member
One Star Member
jck200

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Zada,

The nice thing about forums are that any new posting is welcome so thank you.

john
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John from Cardiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: John from Cardiff   John from Cardiff Empty

Back to top Go down

John from Cardiff
Page 1 of 1