Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Memoir of a Mind toy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Memoir of a Mind toy Empty
PostSubject: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:30 pm

After Arthur C. Clarke passed away last year and I wanted to write a robot story in his honor. "Memoir Of A Mind Toy" is about a little computer that cares for it's owners, but has to watch all these humans grow old and eventually die. The walking talking computer learns to comprehend the very concept of love and compassion, yet does not have the ability to cry. There is a short simple You Tube video of Mind Toy that will help my readers understand the "growth" of the machine.
Mind Toy will be out sometime this month from Publish America. I hope the cover desgn department does a great job. Presently I am building a website for the book, but will open the website only after I get a cover.
Does anyone wish to talk about robots with me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3EjcCBXPYE
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm

I have two iRobot vacuums, Sage and Silver, who took on personalities of their own until one day, they both stopped, even though purchased more than a year apart. They used to run around the house together; and I guess it was too sad for Silver to be alone. I wrote to the manufacturer who said they were out of warranty and too bad.

I talked to them. I used to tease Sage about going under the table where he always got caught. Silver had a love for cleaning under the computer desk unit; I told her it was clean enough, but she didn't think so.

I expect them to wake up any day now. LIke me, they must be tired of the gathering dust that the regular vacuum leaves behind. Silver and Sage made sure not a string was left on the floor. Now, there are many in between cleaning sessions.

I wish someone could fix them without it costing an arm and a leg. Last time I had a vacuum fixed, I could have bought a new one. Imagine the cost of fixing my two little, round iRobots.

Congratulations on your novel. It sounds like a great read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:30 am

Love your robot story! So cool! Now if only they could talk back to you. Would that scare you?
Love your website!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Well, they do bleep a lot; and I understood the meaning of the bleeps. They also found me in whatever room I hid myself. I would close the door, and they would continue hitting the door until I opened it.

One evening I was standing next to my bed talking on the telephone. Suddenly, something bit my toe. I screamed into the phone, having forgotten that Sage (the quiet one) was on his own around the house. He found me by going quietly under the bed and ramming my toe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:25 pm

I am excited by the idea, seriously. I think that it could be a really great story.

When it comes out I will definitely read it.
Back to top Go down
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Thank you Incogneto for your kind words.
Mind toy released on September 24th from PublishAmerica. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and friends did.
The front cover can be seen on laura's reviews.
http://lauraannford.com/Reviews.html
Jay Cox
chn11@cebridge.net
Back to top Go down
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Where can I purchase it? I reside in Scotland.
Back to top Go down
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:07 pm

You can purchase a copy of Mind Toy directly from my publisher,
PublishAmerica.com on thier official web site on or before September 24th. They probably can give you cheaper price. I'm having a book signing early next month (October 13th.) at Borders in San Antonio, Texas when it will be released mass market.
PS-I loved Scotland. We toured Europe in 1995. Very beautiful country. London, England was absolutely crazy!
Jay
Note-check out my book Argonia (March 2008). Written in very strong caugney. I actually sound like a commoner in the streets of Bristol! (unofficial brum)
Back to top Go down
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Haha, I will do thank you. I will purchase it from your publisher shortly, and tell you what I think. Smile

Yeah, apparently people find Scotland a beautiful place etc.

Last edited by Incogneto on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Memoir of a Mind Toy will not be released till September 24th. It went to print on Friday, but maybe they will allow you to buy it in advance via email.
What books have you written?
I always support my fellow authors.
I need something good to read for next week.
Sincerely,
Jay Cox
Back to top Go down
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:28 pm

jaycox wrote:
Memoir of a Mind Toy will not be released till September 24th. It went to print on Friday, but maybe they will allow you to buy it in advance via email.
What books have you written?
I always support my fellow authors.
I need something good to read for next week.
Sincerely,
Jay Cox

Yeah I meant when it came out hehe.

I am 15 years old and have not really written anything, although I am working on a novel. A first draft, early excerpt can be found here;

http://www.publishedauthors.org/work-in-progress-f17/untitled-t3194.htm

So how long have you been writing by the way?
Back to top Go down
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:00 pm

I read your early draft. Very intoxicating. Overwhelming.
Keep writing. It's good for the soul.
I'm 52 years old, and I wish I started writing when I was your age. I firmly believe I would be much better a writer today if I had. I'm presently on my 4th. novel to be released late next year "And The Stars Kept Falling Down" - a martian society that realized the end of thier world. I can't wait to write the final scene of Earth Astronauts finding an artifact (a toy) of one of the main martain child character, many millions of years later.
I've been writing for five years professionally now. So you have a tremendous advantage over me. Someday soon I will buy your first novel. I'm very proud of you.
God bless,
Jay Cox
Back to top Go down
Liam
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
Liam

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:08 am

Thanks Jay, that means a lot.
I am just interested in becoming an author, it is a different story wether or not I become professional.

I am sitting a high level of English this year, and if I pass it, it will be an extreme advantage.

Have you published all your novels via PublishAmerica?
Back to top Go down
jaycox
Two Star Member
Two Star Member
jaycox

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:31 am

So far yes, Incogneto.
I view all publishers as John Grisham does, "A necessary evil".
He also said, "You may get 'pushed around' by them at the start, but as you become established, as I have l luckly had, you begin to tell them what to do."
PublishAmerica is a good place to start for an inspiring young author. They specialize in that. Established authors would avoid them like the plague.
Jay
Back to top Go down
helma

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Little Susy tells her own story from her creation as a human robotic replicator (RHR14), initially in the body of a three-year-old girl.Throughout her first 100 years, she lives with her adopted human mother, Martha Williamson, then was passed on to Sarah, Tina, and finally Captain Michael Romano. There she served as an onboard robotic computer, operating space missions.Susy, later known as Amanda, and then as Wanda, during different stages of her programmed existence, experiences the replication oflove and compassion, of life and death, of joy and sadness with her human families, coming to terms with what is called humanity. As told in her own voice and seen with her own eyes, you begin to]understand what it must be like to be an intelligent machine, capable of simulating the human race.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memoir of a Mind toy   Memoir of a Mind toy Empty

Back to top Go down

Memoir of a Mind toy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Books-
Jump to: